PDA

View Full Version : Just put us under TORNADO WATCH

Slokarma
May 14th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I'm south of the Youngstown area, west of Pittsburgh and just got put under a watch till 9 pm. So, if you are west or east of here, you might want to check on that.

KnitWitRosie
May 14th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I'm in Twinsburg (north of you... halfway between Cleveland and Akron) and we're under a watch as well until 9:45 pm tonight! This will be the third night in a row with severe storms for us. I don't know how much more water my poor yard can handle. My garage has already flooded once this week... hoping it doesn't happen again :(

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM
pretty much the whole northern half of Ohio is under the tornado watch till 9 tonight.

Sheena
May 14th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Oh no, that's awful. I hope you're OK.

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 03:19 PM
A watch means conditions are right to develop tornados.
Right now here in canton the sun is shining and temp is 82. Beautiful day. But there are storms heading this way, and when a cold front hits a warm area, winds start swirling and tornados are possible.
A warning means tornados have been spotted

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 03:29 PM
now a warning near Loudenville southeast of Mansfield heading northeast. Take care. Running right between Mansfield and Wooster

New York Sue
May 14th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Stay safe, chicas!

Suzette
May 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Stay safe quilty friends!

fliggie
May 14th, 2014, 08:03 PM
In Erie/Girard area, will check it out. Thanks.

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 08:18 PM
So far so good. They are reporting a warning south of me near Millersburg. That is near our large Amish community. There is a great LQS in Charm Ohio and it is going right past it. We did have a heavy rainstorm go through earlier, and the sun is back out. These storms are scattered, but they are severe and dropping huge hail.
I heard there was a tornado touchdown somewhere, but missed where. I think in south west Ohio. I think it was an F1 or F2. Not sure of my facts.

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 08:43 PM
looks like the storms I reported in the last post are headed toward me. There was a possible tornado , but not confirmed yet. Right now it is supposed to skim just west of me, but they keep saying it could turn slightly east and hit Canton. I am hearing thunder off to the west so something is coming.
Also hearing the tornado sirens off to the west.
I am on a laptop so will unplug and use battery power and hope I don't lose internet access.

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
looks like it is missing Canton, but it is over Massillon right now. Massillon is about 10 miles west of me and where I grew up. There is a "hook" in the storm right over Massillon, and if there is a tornado it will develop in that hook.
Still not even raining here.

Terry L
May 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Weather radios are a way of live here , they work long after the we lose the T.V signal and are peace of mind during the overnight hours. I hope you all stay safe.

Doloris
May 14th, 2014, 09:12 PM
looks like I am in the clear from this storm, it has weakened some , but still dangerous. The kids that live behind me are still outside playing basketball.
This is a crazy night and there may still be more through the night. Once it gets dark out and the temps drop the storms will become less severe. The heat of the day feeds them energy.