PDA

View Full Version : saturday

bakermom
June 18th, 2011, 12:34 PM
What? no one has started a Saturday Thread?? well it's late Saturday morning here. Have been up for just a while. i worked last night so when i got home I stayed up with DD while she was packing. DH made us a nice breakfast before taking her to the airport. i dozed off and on till I heard from her again. She's safely back home. I want to get a back on a quilt today and then get some dishes made for a Father's Day picnic with family tomorrow. Storms moved thru last night so I hope that's it fo the weekend. i hope you all are enjoying your weekend!

SuzyQue
June 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Up and at it this am! Got my frig cleaned out and tons of fresh fruits and veggies cut up and stored. Made several salads and side dishes to start the weekend off. Laundry going.....all the regular work on schedule. After a long week on much shopping (daughter home and we are preparing for the wedding)....it is time to get some things done at home! Hope to get back to my quilted purse today. We had storms last night, too....many a twig to pick up in the yard this morning. Looks great for the rest of the day. Hope all are fine, just busy.

toggpine
June 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
We are good here!
Late night here for me. Didn't crash until about 4:30. Em & I took apart her crib and moved some furniture around in her room. I did a purge of the the last of the baby things. I still have some blankets tucked into a hanging closet organizer, but I can honestly say she uses most of them from time to time. Once I got started sorting and putting things away, I lost track of time until the roosters started announcing the arrival of the sun around 3:30! Had to shove some of the more annoying "singing books" and electronic stuff in the "donate" bag before the little miss woke up!
I did hang onto a few of the neutral things for son's baby coming in Sept. I put them in a storage tote though. Part of the reason for taking down the crib was to make sure that Em's room did not become the new baby's space. Now I need to go through the books and do the same thing. She's headed to kindergarten, so board books aren't really her thing anymore. I can free sup some of that storage space for big girl books or some of the games and toys she likes to play with and gt them out of my living room!
I haven't made much progress on quilts lately. Other than purchasing stuff to finish off a few. I did get the zebra quilt re-layerd with the cotton batting. I think I'm gonna be a cotton fan. Now to make the backing that extra 5.5" wider. Still stalling on a plan for that. Do I just do 6" large color blocks, or do I get all fancy-pants and make some 6" blocks to decorate the back? I'd just do a simple length of fabric, but I chose the zebra print for the backing material since it was $2.50/yd with my coupon. Not sure I'd stay sane trying to match the print in some semblance of normal. I have some scraps left to use and could do either way.
It's raining here, so not much work outside today. Which is fine. I have plenty in the house to keep me busy, once I get off this time sucking box!
You all take care & have a great day doing your thing!
Cathy

quiltingtrish
June 18th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone!
Time-sucking box, isnt' that so true Cathy. I thought I'd better sit down though before I holler. My thread keeps breaking - even broke a needle and even after rethreading and checking my settings, I don't think I've solved the problem yet. I'm trying to free motion on the machine and I think it just doesn't want to work today! Was checking through my things for more needles to try a different size and can't locate a one so I guess a stop in to Joann's tomorrow is on the agenda. But I Want The Needles Today! The store is 45 min. way and since it's on the way to my Dad's, I can't justify going today. I thought for sure I had a few more packs of them, but they must really be hiding. Darn. Maybe I'll pick some other project up in the meantime - I do have tracing to do for an embroidery project.
It's a beautiful day today outside. Think I'll run down to the food store and pick up some hamburger so we can have grilled burgers tonight. Yum.
Well - guess I'm off here for now.
Hugs,

meemeecyn
June 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Happy Saturday everybody! And yes, it is a time sucking box....but oh, so much fun! Right?
Cynthia

toggpine
June 19th, 2011, 01:28 AM
I didn't say it was all bad. I just seem to loose time when I am sitting here! I do have withdrawls if I can't get in to visit my quilty friends!

meemeecyn
June 19th, 2011, 07:36 AM
I completely understand, Cathy! I just can't stay away. Those withdrawals are awful. Maybe I feel guilty cuz I am on the 'box' toooo much???? Too bad, though...I really enjoy it!
Have a nice day everyone!
Cynthia