PDA

View Full Version : Mini Vacation--Any Ideas??

lhayes1976
June 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Didn't think we would be able to take a vacation this year--we usually do the beach thing, but we have about four days next week that we could take a short trip. Any ideas for a mini vacation that would be age appropriate for a three year old? Would like to stay under a five hour drive from Louisville.

meemeecyn
June 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Gee, I was going to suggest a nice road trip to NH....there is so much to see up here, but that is significantly longer than 5 hours. Not sure what might be around your area...any suggestions for folks who live down that way? Whatever you decide, Lisa, have a great time! You deserve a little respite.
Cynthia

quilter.martha
June 18th, 2011, 12:11 PM
How about Mammoth Caves? It's pretty cool. We used to live in Ohio and took a trip down there one time with our then-young kids.

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Grant's Farm in St. Louis??????? He would LOVE IT!!

tamsterg7
June 18th, 2011, 03:20 PM
St. Louis - Grants Farm, Magic House (you could spend a day there), the zoo, six flags (not my favorite, esp. with a 3yo), The Science Center (they have age appropriate areas), The Museum of Transport (trains). I have taken my sisters grands (ages 12 mos - 9 yrs) to all of these places and they loved them all. For Grants Farm, tickets used to be free, but you had to call ahead and make a reservation.