PDA

View Full Version : Quilting machines

iamdonnamac
June 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure how to spell Jukey. But does anyone know of a gently used Jukey machine? I'm not even sure how much to expect to pay for a used quilting machine, but I am just starting to look.
Thanks.

SuzyQue
June 17th, 2011, 12:45 AM
I think it is Juki. Don't know of a used one. Good luck.

iamdonnamac
June 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks, I think you're right about it being Juki. I looked on line after I did the post.

Susan M
June 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I think Yahoo has a quilting group(s), one of which is Quilters Flea Market. I got my Janome 1600DP from a woman in NJ for $400 from this site. You can always post that you are looking to buy a gently used Juki.

DragonflyNeedleworks
July 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM
It's Juki
I have a TL 98Q which I bought about 3 years ago and is great for quilting.
Easy drop feed dogs for FMQ and in addition to the easy feed dog drop, it also comes with an automatic needle threader, a knee lift bar (nice feature so you don't have to keep taking your hands off your work area to lift the presser foot and it also comes with a cut thread foot pedal as well as a push button on the machine head itself - also great so you don't have to worry about fumbling for scissors - and when you ready to sew again just place you fabric under the presser foot and step on your foot peddle.

My machine sews just as beautiful and perfect now as the day I got it.

They have newer models now of the same machine (they just have a few more little bells and whistles)

You should be able to pick up a TL 98Q at a very good price now - either new or used.

Genny
October 11th, 2011, 02:30 AM
I'm not sure how to spell Jukey. But does anyone know of a gently used Jukey machine? I'm not even sure how much to expect to pay for a used quilting machine, but I am just starting to look.
Thanks.

I don't know of any used machines for sale but I just have to tell you that I worked as a seamstress in a small Iowa factory for over 20 years and our machines were Juki's. They are workhorses!

GrammaBabs
October 14th, 2011, 08:40 AM
i know AllBrands sells them.... but would always vote for a local dealer if you can find one.... my Brother dealer here sells them..