PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already

Blondie
June 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Seasons/All_The_Flowers__by_dashboard_day.jpg

Good Morning Ladies
I can't believe we are in the middle of June. Wash my mouth out with soap! I am going to chill another day here and then head back to the salon tomorrow. Hoping I can hold out for the long days. The headache is pretty much history, back of the noggin is still a bit touchy.

My daylilies and daisies are blooming lovely as well as my black eye susies. Some of my herbs I am having to pinch blossoms back so they fill out some more. The Lavender is gorgeous, rosemary is always a treat for my senses and the bee balm is beginning to bloom.

Have a great day

Lisaau
June 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Blondie l love your southern accent hehehehe

Monique
June 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Good morning Blondie and Lisa,

Well I think we are starting a week of heat wave. Yesterday I sewed the strips together for the back of a quilt I am making. Oiled the new Featherweight. The motor lubicant tube was so old that when I squeezed it, the stuff came out of every other place but the nozzle. Guess I will have to purchase some new stuff. This baby runs like a charm.

I think we might paint the roof of the back shed today. Should be interesting. I would also like to get to the community centre so I could baste my quilt. Lots of room there to spead it out.

Here are two recent pictures of the wedding and of my granddaughter Maizyn.

Have an awesome day everyone and happy quilting,
Monique

Blondie
June 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Absolutely a beautiful child! And the bride and groom look very happy as well.
I know, Monique, that you are glad to have that behind you!

Just came in from watering the garden - more squash to pull and some tomatoes are starting to get a wee bit of size to them. I have been rooting some curly willow and pussy willow and they are doing fantastic! Other clippings from various plants and shrubs are doing well. Sis and I decided to be faithful in following the almanac and I do believe it really works. Everything I clipped to root on positive days have not wilted once and are looking good. I need to keep that almanac on a yearly basis!
Saw a black snake at the back of the house; I squirted him until he wiggled away towards the woods. It's been fairly dry here for several days - our county got some bad storms over the weekend but on our road all we got was the wind and light show. I think the snake was looking for some water, since he was near the faucet and hose. I reckon he got his fill of water, all right. I don't like killing the good snakes - hubs would've in a heartbeat.

Off to get ready to watch the court proceedings today for Casey Anthony. I think the prosecution will end today and possibly the defense start in their case in chief tomorrow. Must make a big pot of coffee and have raisin cookies made up for sis and I to sit and stitch.

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Blondie, you crack me up about the black snake. I'd do the same thing. I don't like to harm any creature unless it's a mosquito or a fly. I have vivid memories of my Mom taking a garden hoe to a snake in the chicken house when I was little. I also have memories of my PGM wringing the neck of Dad's prize rooster after he spurred me to bloody. Oh, and there's the scar I sport above my left eyelid where my brother so accurately hit me with a tin can from the trash because I loved his baby Easter chick to death (I was only 2 at the time).

It is really going to be a busy day with the granddaughters today. Swim practice, art class, sneak two little ones to a puppet show while three of them have tennis lessons, then a quick grab a bite to eat and a 35 mile trip to a swim meet which may not be over until extremely late . . . and we're looking for a scorcher today . . . gotta keep baby Agnes out of the sun and heat, so we'll leave her with Momma. I don't know what they would do if Nana and Papa were still overseas.

Anyway, I do think that I've laid out a great case against traveling tonight so Papa will go and I get to stay home and sew - that is if I have some strength left and haven't melted into a sopping puddle by then.

Hugs and lots and lots of good karma to everyone. Oh, and Patticakes, please get to feeling better real soon. Prayers to Gina, Trish, Jan, SuzyQ, Patrice, Paula, Blondie . . . and anyone I may have forgotten . . . Cathy for her toofies, bakermom, Rhonda (hope she had a fantabuloso trip and visit) . . .

Lola2Ace
June 15th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning! I am picking up the sewing room a bit. Just heard from our niece and the dress I made her daughter for 1st birthday fits perfectly and she put it on her for Mom's college graduation ceremony. It is just a simple A-line, made reversible and I machine embroidered her initial on one side of it. I didn't take a pic, but will hopefully get one from somebody soon. Got my machine back from the spa, wouldn't you know it....it didn't misbehave for them, but got a good overhaul and cleaning and they ordered a tension unit so if it misbehaves for me again it will be replaced. I don't have the Singer, Nellie tried out yet....DH needs to help me carry her in from the garage, and hopefully put on the new belt that I found in the cabinet. I had to get a new iron, old one has a brown spot on the plate that I can't get off and it was making spots on my fabric, thank goodness they come off with a wet cloth, but I can't be spot cleaning fabric constantly. Hoping everybody has a great day!

quiltingtrish
June 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone!
I was up at 6 - let the cat out and went back to bed at 7 and up again at 9. Guess I knew I wasn't awake for the day quite yet.
Plans change so quickly for me when I'm off for the summer. Didn't plan on going back to Dads until the end of the week, but instead of sewing on such a beautiful day yesterday - went back to finish putting in his 121 garden plants. What a job! Also finished up the weeding which gave us 4 more large garbage bags full. He surely has a large garden and we usually get to the weeding ahead of time in the Spring but with all the rain through April and May, it didn't get done until it was time to get the plants in. I also got to bring home some beautiful yellow perrinnals that had grown over into Dads yard from a neighbors, so guess I'll get those in the ground today.
Out to dinner here in town with an older couple should top the day off for us.
Oh Blondie - when you mentioned yesterday that you were going to make those raisin cookies, I marched out to the kitchen to make some oatmeal cookies - my favorite! I got all the ingredients out and was about to make them when I figured if I was heading to Dads, I best get moving there so everything got put away. Thinking I will make some today! Yum! But, need to get my walk in and plant those flowers first.
It sounds like everyone is busy, busy, busy going here and going there and getting things done.
I do hope to jump on the machine today and get some fabric pushed through it. Also gotta post that baby quilt photo - it's coming, just need DH around to help me with that. He's been busy taking down trees with my sister the past few days so maybe later today that can happen.
Have a super day everyone! The birds are calling me to get outside for my walk to greet me!
Hugs,

Loonwatcher
June 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Morning All,

Blondie, glad your mending so well. Good luck at work tomorrow, but don't over do.

Monique, great wedding pics. What a little cutie and the photo of the happy couple under the tree is just awesome.

Sandy, LOL, love your story about loving the chick to death and the resulting scar. I have a brother donated scar on my forehead but I was so young then and am so old now I don't even remember what the tiff was about.

I'm home "sick" to day. It may just be a mental health day. I, for some unknow reason (probably the near full moon), didn't get to sleep until well after 5:30am and then only slept fitfully until about 8:30. then woke with a headache. So I'm getting my PC time in, doing a load of wash and then hoping to doze on the couch - the cat is already trying that out. It looks lovely out, might have to take my Kindle out to the porch for a bit too.

Have a great day everyone!

patticakes
June 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hi all! Just alittle under the weather today, sinus like headache, stuffed up head and ears and runny eyes. Just not feeling much ambition but at least my stomach feels better. Makes me want to medicate with food and I am glad Blondie doesn't live close enough for me to bum some cookies off her. Been sleeping on and off this morning on the couch and just came upstairs to make the bed and try to get movitated. It's really dreary out, very windy and just now can hear some big rain drops pitter-pattering outside. My little barrel garden will appreciate this rain.
Well, off to try to work up some ambition.

toggpine
June 15th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hi Friends!
The teeth are better today. Thank you all so much for the well wishes! Still taking a couple ibuprofen now and then, and I have a bottle of antibiotics to plow through. But they are not throbbing, so all's well there for now!
Today was the very last day of pre-school for Emily. We went in to help the teacher clean up the classroom. The kids got to "wash" the blocks and other plastic things. The parents had the fun of washing the tables, cabinets, chairs, and I pulled the bathroom. Yea me!
When we were finished there, one of the other moms and I painted the storage shed. It was looking pretty ugly. It is now a sparkling white. Good prep work for out own house painting session this summer. I think we are going to start on the trim this weekend. We are just replacing all of the trim so we will pre-paint it and then just have touch ups to do once it's on the house.

I am going to start some laundry and then try to fit my after-market darning foot on my machine. I hope to get some quilting done today between loads. if that fails, then I'll revert to house keeping chores! I also need to check the sale flyer for J's to see when the Warm & White/Natural goes on sale. Don't really want to miss that as I have two quilts needing batting.
Blondie, take it easy! Glad to hear you feel well enough to try going to work.
Monique, Have fun paining your shed! The photos are great! Your granddaughter is adorable!
Sandy, You sound so busy with the grands! You are making some wonderful memories with them! Go you! (This woman must be main-lining energy drinks or something! One 5yr old wipes me out!)
Lola, Congrats on the dress! I know you were a bit anxious about it earlier. Have fun with your "new" sewing machine!
Nancy, I say mental health days are a wonderful thing! There really should be more of them than "sick" days! I hope you get that nap!
Patti, I understand. I had that a few weeks ago, but it sounds like yours is illness related. It was so frustrating, as I had stuff that needed to be done, but I really didn't want or care to do it. I think I tried some iced coffee and just plodded along until it was time for bed. I hope you find where your get-up-and-go got off to! I hope you feel better soon!
Hi to those that will check in later!
Take care everybody! Cathy

debinmalaga
June 15th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone! Having a pretty good day despite having to work 8 to 6. Having a strong diet day, so that makes everything seem better.

Lola, so glad the dress was a hit... enjoy your new machine! Mike bought me a newer old machine, one from the 50s, a 99k, and although I don't use it I really love having it in my sewing room. I'm always tickled when one of these machines actually gets used.

Patti, feel better and hang in there, fight the good fight!

Monique, love the pics!

Nancy, I took a mental health day last week and it made all the difference! Enjoy!

Sandy, you sound like the perfect Grandma :).

Blondie, I wish I could turn my garden over to you and Trish! My daylilies are doing great, and I have some early blooming hostas, with pretty white flowers - too shady for daisies. No veggie garden at all this year, we usually just manage a few patio tomato plants and a couple of peppers, just don't have the sun for produce.

Cathy, I was at J's on Sunday and their packaged batting was 50% off so I scooped up a King at $24. That'll keep me in QFK quilts for awhile.

Hope everyone has a great evening!