PDA

View Full Version : It's A Monday!

toggpine
June 13th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Good Morning Everybody!
At least I hope it is for you!
I am surfing the web at 1:30 AM to try to distract me from my toothache. The nearest dental office doesn't open until 7:30 and the ibuprofen isn't working so great. I tried to sleep, but laying my head down made it worse. I am contemplating hooking some floss around the piece that is left and yanking it out with the tractor. I don't know if that would make it hurt any less, and I can't figure out how to drive and have it pull the tooth at the same time. I am a weenie!
I'd quilt, but I am tired and afraid I'd make a mistake. Some nights I could stay up all night working on a project and be just fine. If I had known I was in for this, I'd have laid off the yard work.
Speaking of that, I didn't get it all done. Sorry to disappoint you Sandy! It started to rain, so I packed it in earlier than I had hoped. Hmmm. Maybe I should try baking that dozen loaves of bread your poem suggested. That might be a distraction, but also a bit noisy and the rest of the family is asleep.
Well, Happy Monday to you all! I'm gonna go drool over some fabric I can't afford now that I have a looming dental bill. (I'm drooling anyhow, might as well be for a good reason!)
Take care!
Cathy

mamaquilt
June 13th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Sorry you have that tooth ache. I know "the remedy". Take a good mouthfull of brandy or bourbon, and swirl it around in your mouth.
Then it is up to you if you swallow or not. After 2-3 mouthful I bet you don't have a toothache anymore.

Maybe the dentist is open by now.
A quick recovery

Blondie
June 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/KEEP2520COOL2520ANIM-2.gif

Good Morning, Ladies

Cathy, I sure hope you can make it to the dentist. I don't know which is worst pain, as toothache is right up in my top 10. I like our Michele's advice on the brandy!

Feeling more like myself so far this morning. I do have some small projects to complete and get in the mail. I may even consider driving this morning. The head isn't quite so bad! I have not been walking down the basement stairs but rather, going out the back door and walking around to the basement door. Talk about going around your head to touch your nose! However, it seemed a whole lot safer to me than taking a spin straight down. So, I will be sewing this day while watching more of the Casey Anthony trial. Since I've been a captive audience I have to say that I am fascinated by trials. Sis and I commented to each other last week that we are liked the old ladies in A Tale of Two Cities; knitting and crying out, "guillotine!" I miss Court TV's old format and anchors. I am particularly interested in this case as before I moved back home to NC, I lived off of Chickasaw Trail in SE Orlando - this all happened within a mile of where I lived. It is interesting to see how much as grown over the years. When I lived down there, many of these subdivisions were not there. In fact, I noticed that there are two more schools in that area that were not there from my residency.

meemeecyn
June 13th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Good Monday morning! So sorry to about your bad tooth and night, Cathy. Hope you feel better after you see the dentist. You still have a great sense of humor, which is good for the spirit. Super idea though, Michelle! Blondie, it is so great having you back!
Cynthia

Monique
June 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Good morning everyone. Well went to the flea market yesterday. No fleas but did buy some attachments for the sewing machine and some FABRIC!!! Good deal on both.

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday and our nephew had just gotten back from fishing with much success and gave us some fish. SO, we gave it to my mother-in-law to cook for today and I am making homemade buns (with the help of the bread machine) and boy are they ever good. Only good thing I am really good at. LOL!!

This afternoon I will try and finish the binding on the baby quilt while I watch the Young & Restless. Yes I do follow it.

Overcast and a little dark out but I will enjoy this day just the same. Life is too short so enjoy as much as you can.

Happy quilting,
Monique

Loonwatcher
June 13th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Oh Cathy, that sounds awful. Hopefully by now you've gotten into the dentist's and are feeling better. Blondie, glad you're coming along well and hope you will be your own self soon. Notice I didn't say old self; I've decided to re-write that phrase.

Back to work for me. I don't get much done at home during the week.

Have a great day all,

twnkeyes
June 13th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Good morning to all!

Cathy, there's nothing worse than a tooth or back ache. I bet you have an abcess, it sounds exactly like the one I had years ago. I couldn't lay down and I think it was because all the blood would rush into the inflammation of the tooth root, just my analysis. Misery!!! I hope you get to the dentist first thing!

I have a house full of company and am writing this only because everyone is still asleep. My sister and her 3 kids (ages 18, 10 & 8) are here for 2 weeks (this is week 2) and my son-in-law came in last night because he's working in Houston the next couple of days. The former and I have been swimming almost every day and saw Kung Fu Panda 2, boy it's been a long time since I've watched an animated movie! We're going to Galveston tomorrow. Our nephew is 18 and is going to be living with us as he's enrolling at the local college for the Fall. Our son is moving out in August so I guess the hubby and I won't have the "empty nest" for awhile longer. I hope to start piecing again on Monday, I've missed it!

I hope everyone has a great week!

quiltingtrish
June 13th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone!
Hope you are in getting your tooth fixed right now Cathy. OUCH! And I hate the dentist too so I got prayers coming for you.
Didn't get my walk in yet - that's next on the agenda. Then I have to go to a friends where they get UPS packages everyday and see if they have a box for me to use to mail a frame out. Another trip to the post office to mail a birth certificate to Odie. Spent $18. last week to get one mailed that was notarized at the bank here and he says that they won't accept it. They have to see the original one. So I told him to let them look at it, copy it for their records and then send it back to me. I don't trust them with the original with a 10 foot pole. I know - I worked in administration for the Army for 17 years. OH! - he got promoted to Corporal last week - so excited for him. And one of my sisters is coming for a quick visit today - haven't seen her in a few weeks so that will be nice.
Had a few text arguments with Katie yesterday. She asked why I never let her get her license. So I started by telling her that driving is a priviledge, not a right and she needed to not only earn that priviledge, but also to be home to get practice driving time in which she never was. Driving to and from one small town to another on a back road does not classify as driving time. Then she started in on how we never believed her and I asked her about various events and it went back and forth until I finally gave up. Something set her off to make her so angry - think I will text the mom and ask what is going on. I also don't think she is happy about working on that farm everyday this summer. Well, everyone has a job they don't like at some point. I'm sure she still thinks I had something to do with that. Oh well. Time will pass and she will come through this.

How do you guys get all these quilty projects done? I mean, everytime I look - there is another quilt or another bag finished! I am not a new quilter, but it's taking me a week to just do a baby quilt from start to finish. I guess if I had all my supplies in one area, that would help. Also, I guess if I didn't keep going to my Dads to help him put in the garden, that would help. And I have to check my computer in the mornings cause I have to find out what's going on. And have to get my walk in after I check the computer cause I don't get it in during the time school in in session. But really - you guys are like "WHOOSH!" and another one is done! I guess I answered my own question - huh? Will finish the binding sometime later today and get that photo.

You all have a great day and give someone a hug today.
Hugs,

Sandy Navas
June 13th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Wuhl, tha tooth thingie majig I did 2day wuz follow . . . hic . . . Michele's aDvice . . . an' I dun't have no more ache in ma teef.

Lisaau
June 13th, 2011, 12:18 PM
LOL !! Sandy you crack me up....... Blondie I love how you speak when you type I can just her a southern accent......which I love!!

Loonwatcher
June 13th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Sandy, too funny!!!

patticakes
June 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Gee I missed you guys! My heart goes out to you Cathy, toothaches are the worse! My booze of choice is tequila but I have to be careful because I am allergic to it. Been known to break out in handcuffs and/or tears if I medicate too much!:lol:
So glad you are getting better Blondie. Please continue to be gentle with yourself.
I just love flea markets Monique! Haven't been to a good one in a long time. I love my bread maker for the dough cycle and homemade buns sound so good!
My quilt finishes are hit and miss Trish. I have 6 quilts and 1 wallhanging in all different stages right now. This is a first for me, I usually have to finish one before I start another but I am rather enjoying deciding on which one to work on when I find some time. With the nice weather I put my priorities elsewhere.
You just do me good Sandy-girl! Nothing like a good giggle to brighten my day!
Just got done walking a 5K on the treadmill. Trying to pay for my weekend "sins" at the pig roast! Gonna shower, throw some laundry in and head out to pick up some backing for my flag wall hanging. I have to hurry to get something done to show Trish!:D
Take care!

debinmalaga
June 13th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Hello all! I'm wondering how Paula and Rebecca are doing... haven't heard from them for a bit. I'm messing around with fabrics from my stash, wanting to make a Rhonda Tote, but putting a fusible vinyl on the lining and making it a little smaller, more of a lunch tote with room for several bottles of water and tea, slots for silverware instead of an inside pocket. Ambitious!

debinmalaga
June 13th, 2011, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=patticakes;39418]Gee I missed you guys! My heart goes out to you Cathy, toothaches are the worse! My booze of choice is tequila but I have to be careful because I am allergic to it. Been known to break out in handcuffs and/or tears if I medicate too much!:lol:

Patti, you crack me up!

Monique
June 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM
You ladies crack me up too! I so enjoy reading what y'all are doing or working on.

Monique

toggpine
June 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Thanks Ladies for your support! I figured mixing booze with that amount of ibuprofen may not be helpful. I have met the second best dentist in the world. (First is an old family friend, who sadly lives in LasVegas.) No reprimands for not getting in sooner, put a temporary on the cracked tooth and fixed me up with antibiotics and a pain med cocktail (ibuprofen and a vicoden) that should do the trick until the abcess at the roots ease up next week and he can pull the offender. We was funny and a wise guy! Right up my ally! He did apologize for being a wise guy. I told him I'd rather have a wise guy than a dumbass working on my teeth any day!
The pain is still there, but much better. (Couldn't take the vicoden untli I wasn't driving anymore!)
I did get the quilt fused today! Whoo Hoo! Now to decide how to go from there. Probably a lot of straight line quilting, but we'll see what mood moves me.
I don't get how you all finish so many things either. But then again, I always have 452 different things going at one time, so no wonder I don't seem to get anything done. The sun is back out, and I'll go take another whack at the gardens after I feed the baby goat his bottle.
Hugs! Cathy
Thanks again for your well wishes!

Susan M
June 13th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Sorry you have a toothache. Hopefully you have visited a dentist by now and all is well.

janluna
June 13th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Blondie, I am so relieved to know you are doing better! You have been in my prayers. Sandy you are a riot! As for the toothache, I'm so sorry. I hate dental work when it has to be done. However the use of whiskey on a bad tooth is my husbands favorite med. He doesn't drink it but will hold it in his mouth and spit it out. It seems to work for him. I hate the taste of it so I won't use it. Joe also takes a cotton ball and soaks it in whiskey or vodka and then hold that on the offending tooth. Works when you can't get a dentist.
I was busy over the weekend so I haven't been online at all. Update on Gina is she has been to the doctors and got help there and has also decided to get some grief counseling for the loss of her husband and home. I told her we were all praying for her and wishing her the best. She said she is feeling much better. Being home with family has been a comfort for her and Abbey. There are also kids to play with in the neighborhood and that makes Abbey happy. Gina says thanks you all for your love, good wishes, and prayers.
Love you all. Blondie, no more falls honey. Hugs, Jan