PDA

View Full Version : Sew it's Sunday

Blondie
June 12th, 2011, 08:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/sunday.gif

Good Morning, Lovely Ladies!

I had forgotten just how much I loved coffee! Oh yes, I am sitting here with a nice big, blue and white mug that has blond stamped on the bottom, enjoying a fresh, hot cup of heaven with you!

I was reading some of the previous posts and my heart has been deeply touched by your kindness and prayers. I do have some really special friends!

Sis and BIL are coming to grill with us today. It is Billy's birthday so it will be a fun treat. I am also ready to eat some real food. On a different note, I was a bit surprised to see I had lost about 15 pounds from last year. I don't think all of that was from dehydration. Of course, I look the same - the weight just shifts to somewhere and I look like a lumpy middle age gal. Which is okay. I likes myself.
Should I ever complain of not enough sleep, find me in NC and slap the snot out of me? I can't wait to feel really good enough to be bending over in the garden. weeding. This head just ain't quite right yet, so no bending for me.

I plan on doing some sewing this morning. I have gotten very behind in my projects and would like to make a dent in them.

So, Lisa, Lynn ~ it is winter now in Oz? I know it is a huge continent but is it cold where y'all live? I find it fascinating.

Have a good day ladies. Big hugs to everyone.

Susan M
June 12th, 2011, 09:41 AM
The weather in Connecticut this weekend is much cooler than it was during the week [up to 90+ during the week, now 65]. I am sitting here enjoying my cup of java also and have my faithful dog Molly by my side. Ahhhhh! I visited with my beautiful daughter and son-in-law yesterday. I try to visit the grandkids every week as I enjoy them so much. Today will probably be torn between a little cleaning [as little as I can get away with], a load or two of laundry and then to my quilting. I have to admit that not much sewing has been accomplished lately, so it is deeply missed. Quilting is the best way to relax! Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.
Susan

Monique
June 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Blondie it is great to have you back. Off to the flea market today.

Take care,
Monique

debinmalaga
June 12th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Good morning all! Got my cleaning done yesterday, so today is mine, all mine! Going to relax with Mike this morning, then a trip to J's for batting and stabilizer. Going to order another kit from Quilts for Kids - I'm not sure what big project I want to sew for me right now, so those projects make me feel wonderful and keep me sewing. While I'm waiting for the kit I'm going to make myself a couple of "Rhonda Totes" :). Fun!

Blondie, you sound like you're on the mend! Just take it slow, girlfriend. Soooo great to have you back in the sewing circle once more!

bakermom
June 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Waitinig impatiantly for DD to arrive. She was supposed to be in last night,however bad weather delayed her flights sooooooooo much she missed the last connection. Spent the night in the airport, was supposed to be here by now. another delay-they are waiting on the crew to arrive. REALLY?!!! I should go upstairs and sew to pass the time, I have things I could be doing but I sit here watching updates on the airline.
Blondie, it's so nice to see your morning greeting again.
Debbie, I have some fabric picked out for totes, too. Must get DD3's BD quilt finished first.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Isn't it wonderful to be greeted by that snazzy Blondie from NC? Welcome Back, Girlfriend!!!!! It is so wonderful to see you here. I'm like you, I'd love to be bending over in the garden pulling weeds but with this 'bionic' body of mine I don't do well with that. I played Mini-Golf with one of the DGDs and Al yesterday afternoon and had to bend over 36 times to set the ball and to get it out of the hole - and believe me I was walking stooped over by the time we finished! OOOhhhh, aging isn't for sissies.

I wanted to help Al mow this morning but woke to gentle rain showers so that means I get to spend my afternoon in the sewing room. I've already wasted a couple hours troubleshooting my laptop trying to get a lengthy upgrade on my embroidery program. Alas, Al was also stumped because we couldn't get a network connection. Finally found out there was a tiny button that disabled the WIFI settings. Duh. Al doesn't have that on his laptop and I've got a tower so we were both out of the water there. Finally have the update going though - just another hour until it is finished. Modern technology be #$@#$@$^!

I'm going to be working on a tote that I've had started for Al's little sister who lives in Israel. I have the embroidery work done on it (a photostitch of a picture of her when she was in college) and the bag is a watercolor with gold vein-work through it in colors of the sunsets. I've had it all cut out and sitting but Al is anxious to get it in the mail to her - so I'll do that today and then try to work on Rita's quilt.

A busy week ahead of us with the kids again. We always step in and help Mom and Dad out - Dad works nights and sleeps most of the day when they are involved in activities. Lara just called and said two of the seven have been up upchucking all night. Stomach virus going around. Sure hope it isn't what Blondie had.

I'm off of here to head to the sewing room. Loving the 64 degree weather with all the doors and windows open! Beautiful Sunday!!

toggpine
June 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Morning All!
Glad to see you back Miss Blondie! Go slow and you'll get better in no time!
Spent yesterday mostly outside. The orchard bed has been weeded and I have about an 8' square of the gravel space in front of the barn left to do. Then I can put down weed preventer, and hopefully not have to be pulling grass from the walnut-sized rocks. Emily and I started some cosmos and mammoth sunflowers. I also planted some old seeds of corn just to see if they would germinate. No harm in trying.
I should get the gravel done today and then finish off the front flower bed. If I can still move, I may make a quick swipe at the veggie garden to get those before they get too big. Then the main gardens should be caught up, and only up-keep on those.
Off to switch the laundry around and get started on the weed crusade!
You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Dear Cathy,
Please send some of your reserve energy. I'm getting desperate. Your activities are wearing me out!!

In all honesty, I do remember having days like yours and I always went to bed feeling extremely satisfied for a 'job well done'.

Hugs!!

BTW I'll upload a poem that I love that reminds me of you.

Sandy Navas
June 12th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Perfect Day
Grandmother, on a winter's day,
Milked the cows and fed them hay;
Slopped the hogs, harnessed the mule,
And got the children off to school.

Did a washing, mopped the floors,
Washed the windows and did some chores,
Cooked a dish of home-dried fruit,
And pressed her husband's Sunday suit.

Swept the parlor, made the beds,
Baked a dozen loaves of bread,
Split the firewood, lugged some in,
(enough to fill the kitchen bin.)

Churned the butter, baked a cake,
And then exclaimed, "For goodness sake,
Those darned calves are out again!"
Went and chased them into the pen.

Gathered the eggs, locked the stable,
Back to the house to set the table;
Cooked a supper that was delicious,
Afterward washed up all the dishes.

Fed the cat, sprinkled the clothes,
Mended a basket full of hose,
Then opened the organ and began to play
"When You Come to the End of a Perfect Day!"

- Author Unknown

meemeecyn
June 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Geesh, Sandy, you have described Cathy to a 'T' in that poem! (maybe not a dozen loaves of bread, but pretty darn close!) Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

It's great having you back, Blondie and so glad you are feeling better!

Have a great Sunday, all my Quilting Buddies!
Cynthia

Lenie
June 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
hey there Blondie-girl,
Glad to hear you enjoy your coffee again!

Loonwatcher
June 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Yay, Blondie's back!

Cute poem, Sandy.

Now it' evening and I'm just getting to the PC. Rainy weekend at camp put the kabosh on our lawn sale, maybe next weekend. But I did finally finish my son's bday quilt (too gloomy to take a pic) and got all the cutting an half-sq triangles done for my patriotic star blocks for the swap. Also go my BOM for guild done - it was a tricky one; I won't be make that quilt any time soon.

Peaceful Sunday night everyone,

toggpine
June 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
OK, I'm not THAT energetic Sandy! I still have about half of the gravel weeding to do, but Em was hungry and wanted a sandwich. I did have to clear the long grass off of the hot fence or the goats WOULD be out of the fence. I have never made a dozen loaves of bread at once, but the bread machine can crank one out while I am busy doing other stuff!
I'm going to have to find a dentist. I just broke a tooth. On a potato chip! Ugh! I really dislike the dentist. Perhaps that is why I haven't been in awhile. Double ugh!
Off to find some ibuprofen and back to the weeds!
Thanks for the "To Do" list Sandy!
Hugs, Cathy