PDA

View Full Version : I gotta brag on my daughter!

RFREE
May 3rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
So I took my 15 year old daughter and her friend to work this morning. She cleans cabins on the lake for 3-4 hours on Saturdays. This is her second season there. Anyway I dropped her and her friend off and started out of the resort and seen her boss on a golf cart coming my way so I stopped to thank her for giving her another year. She very quickly told me how very proud she is of her and her friend. She said they are the best team she has ever had.She also told me they are getting a raise! I am so proud of my daughter. I just couldn't go without telling all my friends on the forum.
Have a great weekend!!

Learner quilter
May 3rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
It's nice when your children surprise you..

MRoy
May 3rd, 2014, 01:07 PM
That's great Rhonda! You've got good reason to be proud of her!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Rhonda, I know she has had past struggles. This must just make your heart sing to heart this! Congratulations to you, her and her teammate for a job well done!

auntiemern
May 3rd, 2014, 01:20 PM
I am proud of her for you. How exciting. It does so much for them to do something that they can be proud of as well. I would love to be a fly on the wall when her boss gives her the raise. Which resort are they working at? Ken-Bar?

easyquilts
May 3rd, 2014, 01:48 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, on a job well done.... I'd be proud, too...

Sandy Navas
May 3rd, 2014, 03:09 PM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. Mothers always need to hear those words of praise from others.

rebeccas-sewing
May 3rd, 2014, 03:33 PM
Isn't it great to be able to brag about your kids! That means they've done something or accomplished something that makes you proud. Nice to hear there's a raise in the works. The icing on the cake.

songbird857
May 3rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
Brag momma, brag.... ;)

Kgrammiecaz
May 3rd, 2014, 03:49 PM
Its in the mothers handbook..... Always brag about your kids. I am always interested in the family of friends. What wonderful words to hear - I am sure your daughter is proud to be doing well

Miss Sheri
May 3rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
How Wonderful! What a blessed and happy moment for you Rhonda! Nothing brings me more joy than to know that my children are becoming good, honest, hardworking, compassionate, wonderful people. For me there is no greater joy.

WendyI
May 3rd, 2014, 10:51 PM
There is nothing more gratifying in life to me than when someone tells me how great my kid is. Makes me realize that all the mistakes I make everywhere else are nothing compared to the good job I have done so far with him. What a nice feeling to hear that about your daughter. WTG mom!!

BellasQuilts
May 3rd, 2014, 10:55 PM
Great news for a mom to hear, for sure! I can see why you are a proud mama!

SallyO'Sews
May 3rd, 2014, 11:34 PM
:icon_woohoo:

That girl clearly has a great mother! :D

MayinJerset
May 4th, 2014, 01:49 AM
It is always great when someone compliments our children so brag all you want.

RFREE
May 4th, 2014, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=auntiemern;519011]I am proud of her for you. How exciting. It does so much for them to do something that they can be proud of as well. I would love to be a fly on the wall when her boss gives her the raise. Which resort are they working at? Ken-Bar?[/QUOTE

She did talk to them yesterday and told them how good they were doing and then told them about their raise. Holly is so proud.She works at Hickory Hill Resort. Thanks everybody for letting me brag just a little!!

Monique
May 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH. Mothers always need to hear those words of praise from others.

How very true Sandy. Congratulations to your daughter Rhonda.