PDA

View Full Version : -- NOW accepting Virtual (((Hugzzz)))*~

CountryHut
May 2nd, 2014, 02:38 AM
- literally sitting here in tears - because I wasn't invited to my 1st grandson High school graduation
and now sitting here just starring at this forum chat box - thinking - should I or shouldn't I post this --
oh what the heck -- a virtual hug is better than to continue on with my own pity party

then I get to
thinking and wondering why I feel deleted from his life -
then thinking -- I need a ghost writer - just to write about the crap that goes on ''around'' my life -
- people would not believe it . . *ugh*~

Swedish leo
May 2nd, 2014, 02:47 AM
Lots of hugs and care comming your way!

((((((Hugs)))))

MayinJerset
May 2nd, 2014, 03:23 AM
Ohh I feel so bad for you missing out on your 1st grandson's special occasion so I'm passing this big hug to you.

kensington
May 2nd, 2014, 03:30 AM
Did you ask them why? Cause that would be the line I would cross. I'd want to know why. I understand that the graduate only gets so many tickets, our son couldn't get enough for all of us and our kids, so we asked some of our older kids to sit in the bleachers so the grandparents could have those seats on the floor.

I also know having graduated all 7 of mine now, that if any student doesn't use all of his tickets he can turn them in at the school office and others can get them. We have done that too... Gotten some turned in so we could seat everyone.

I'd be very hurt too if it were me. But, I'm funny in that if you hurt me too deeply, I get mad. I wouldn't want this to turn into someone being mad, so... I'd ask.

stationarymom
May 2nd, 2014, 03:31 AM
Hi I'm sorry you can't see him graduate also. I know when my kids graduated from h.s. they had a limit on how many guests could attend.do you think that might be what happened?.My son graduates this month from Harvard and my father really wanted to attend but my son can only get 2 tickets. my son even called the school to see if there would be any tickets available because some students are from out of the country but he was told only 2. I felt terrible telling my father this so i told him if they sell a video of the graduation i will purchase one for him i know it's not the same but it is the best we can do because of the limits.

dwil23
May 2nd, 2014, 03:40 AM
I am so sorry.

(((HUGS)))

Reading between the lines I assume this is more than not being able to get tickets. I don't know if you want to ask "why not"?, but would you consider it? It may not help, but you could try.

More (((HUGS))).

rebeccas-sewing
May 2nd, 2014, 04:23 AM
It's so awful to be left out especially when it comes to family events. I'm sorry to hear this. Can't you attend on your own? I'd try Kensington's suggestion! Maybe you can get a ticket from someone else who doesn't need theirs. If you approach the school they may only give the extra tickets directly to the student requesting them. I just don't know, but I would call the school and find out. You have nothing to lose by trying. Good luck! I hope you get to attend the ceremony.

Blondie
May 2nd, 2014, 06:10 AM

So sorry! Not being invited is worse than being un-invited. Maybe they will come to their senses soon. Big hugs here!

Jean Sewing Machine
May 2nd, 2014, 06:15 AM
So sorry! It hurts to be left out.

Bubby
May 2nd, 2014, 06:16 AM
(((HUGS))) I can only imagine how much this hurts. I would need to know why....maybe this would help if there is a reason that makes sense to someone. I'm sorry this is happening to you.....

Slokarma
May 2nd, 2014, 06:44 AM
So sorry. I know I would be feel horrible, considering how close we are. I'm sorry this happened.

No explanation??
Without an explanation, my mind would be filling in the blanks.

Sheena
May 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM
I'd tell them that you really want to go and can they get another ticket from school. As others have said tickets are usually limited for this sort of thing.

easyquilts
May 2nd, 2014, 07:40 AM
I'm sending you hugs, too.... I'm so sorry. (((((Hugs))))

Suzette
May 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry this has happened to you!
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHz_L0ovpN9K2Ika8S1vBM3NCYB29tu rMgyfpyccsxCG0d5Kx0

CountryHut
May 2nd, 2014, 08:25 AM
- ok long story short . . . . it's not a matter of tickets - well it is and it isn't -- it's not a matter of traveling to A'bama -
b'cuz - I can be that traveling fool if need be

my daughter gave care custody to this *clearing throat*~ other woman about 10 years
-- who I think is his other real grandmother -- but I won't never know the real truth in my life time --

the woman doesn't like me --- only because I have voiced my opinion on matters of not being '''allowed''' to spend '''more''' time with my grandson and not allowed to have his mailing address . . which is all just to crazy --

here's a fine example -- his 'Bama family has family on the northside of town -- come Cmas time -- they would all come to Florida the week before -- visit with that woman's family and NEVER EVER tell anyone that they were coming to this side of his family could spend time -- they would only allow time enough for him to stop by and pick up his gifts or they would come up with some
cock and bull story that they were not coming to Florida - then I would find out later they were here

as far as I know my grandson does not know this - however with that said - he's not blind - and I'm sure that as time has passed
he's realized different happenings -- BUT I will not say anything to him -- '''unless''' he asks . . .

when I chat with him through PM on FB -- he chats as if someone is watching over his shoulder -- his words are guarded

my 1st grandson is very special - he had to fight for life when he was born -- weighing in only at 3 lbs --
he's a miracle baby -- today he is a healthy young man - about to face the real world

- and what kid can't use the ''real'' Grammie hugzz and kisses
- especially on his graduation day . . my little Bubba is not so little anymore

yes - it really hurts - deep in the core of my heart -

I'll have to pray on this one -- another hurdle to jump and get pass -- it might take alittle bit longer to get pass this one

Thanks much everyone for letting me wipe my snotty nose on your shoulder -- Hugzzz do help

Love is from the heart - not the mind

GrammaBabs
May 2nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Hearing this story,,, I feel bad as well for your GS...... he is torn I'm sure.. YOU need a hug,,, but it is in life one of those things you can't change.. I would just keep that line open,, cause someday he's going to be on his own and able to visit or see whoever he wants to on his own terms... pray for that day.. and in your heart send him all the love and support you can muster... Life really sucks sometimes..
My DH has never forgotten that his M and D did not see him graduate because his younger brother was "missing" when it was time to go.. so , as the story goes... they looked for him and missed the ceremony... I've always questioned that story... but he's a bit of a weirdo I guess.... this was HS... we married and had a wonderful life with his parents who learned to realize how lucky they were to have us there for them always... I'm 67, he's 68,,, and they are gone now,,, but coming from a family that is very supportive and loving in more ways than you can imagine.. I just don't get this kind of behavior from anyone... Cry your tears... then know in your heart that your a good person and someday will be rewarded when you least expect it!!!!! huge hugs, Barbara

Hulamoon
May 2nd, 2014, 09:01 AM

I'm sorry this happened. I just went through a little family riff and I'm still mad and hurt.

Monique
May 2nd, 2014, 09:11 AM
Diane, sorry for what is happening. Maybe one day he will realize what has happened.

Hugs to you.

Mpyles
May 2nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry for the hurt you are going thru right now. Crazy people just make life miserable for others. The lady who is doing this to you will reap her reward...rest assured in that. Hugs!

songbird857
May 2nd, 2014, 09:33 AM
hugs to you :)

grannyann
May 2nd, 2014, 10:07 AM
I hope one day your grand son will realize what is going on and when he does he will make the decision to let you be part of his life. Hugs Ann

Kateskloset
May 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
(((((((HUGS)))))))...I understand a little of what you are going through, my son is getting married at the end of the year. I have been left out of any and all wedding plans. When I asked when they wanted a guest list, I was told, "It's not your wedding, and you don't get to invite anyone!" So, I plan to buy a pretty dress, and show up when I am invited...other than that...I am OUT!

ilive2craft2
May 2nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Awww Diane - I am so sorry you are going through this and that your dear grandson is being treated this way. Since he is graduating high school, he will be an adult and can start making some decisions on his own. He may not be aware of the things you are left out of - he may be hearing a completely different story than the reality. Hoping that he see through some of that and has the strength to move on with his life and that he will include you in it.

emraed2
May 2nd, 2014, 11:10 AM
This may not be a hug, but I hope it helps. I hope you find some peace.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

kaydee
May 2nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
Joan, you might want to check into whether Harvard is simultaneously broadcasting the graduation on the internet. I would be surprised if Harvard isn't doing that as so many places are. My daughter's college does. Gosh, I was even able to watch my 6 yo niece's dance competition, live, online. No excuses for Harvard to be behind the times. And gosh, 2 tickets? That's really bad.

RiverMomm
May 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM
((((((((((((Diane)))))))))))))) I know this is really hurting you. Please remember to hug yourself too!

And also remember that the graduation will be hot and noisy and your grandson prob wouldn't be able to see you. Save your smiles and congrats for a little later. He will remember that you loved him and are proud of him. Hold you head high and your love for him even higher. One day, he will know the truth (he is still a kid). I wouldn't want to be the "other" grandmother when he finally figures it out. Families . . . geesshhh!!

HandsOffItsMine
May 2nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Always hard to hear when children are torn within families.

I have to give you a cyber huggers! Ruby

Genny
May 2nd, 2014, 01:44 PM
Sending you lots and lots of hugs!

SallyO'Sews
May 2nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
Since he is graduating from high school, will he be moving on to college? If so, you can communicate freely with him there; you might even be able to Skype when he is not at home. If he's in a dorm, you can send a gift there, or let him know that you would love for him to come to FL and spend the day (or a week) with you. Hang in there, dear. Just continue to hold him up in prayer, and let him know you love him when the opportunity presents itself.

auntiemern
May 2nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
(((((Diane))))) I would ask. It could be as simple as no available tickets. I know our HS has such a huge graduating class, that tickets in the past have been limited to parents. You need to find out why for your peace of mind. Hopefully it is something they have no control over.

SuzyQue
May 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Perhaps it would be best to either invite him to come visit you or you go to visit him.....at another time.....and make that time special for the 2 of you. I am sorry for your hurt feelings.....just a suggestion.

Also, about college graduations......yes, check about online viewing, but also, they often have an over flow area in another gym or auditorium that you can watch a broadcast of the event. I know that is the case of my son's graduation at William and Mary. I understand the need to limit tickets to availability, but really these special times require more than just 2 tickets! He is married and has parents and siblings that want to see this big moment.

KnitWitRosie
May 2nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Sending {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} your way :)

Wwena
May 2nd, 2014, 03:58 PM
Big hugs from here - that's gotta hurt! :( Nothing to do?

WendyI
May 2nd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Sending virtual hugs for sure!!

kensington
May 2nd, 2014, 05:08 PM
It's not too late to "Offer" to attend! Just offer to go. Just say something like... "I'd go in a minute if there is another ticket"...

Can't hurt... might help. Someday, he will come see you. He will figure out what she did.

Iris Girl
May 2nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Some big ((((((((((((hugz)))))))))))))))))) coming your way

mommadeb
May 2nd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Many hugs to you.