PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday.....

aliaslaceygreen
April 30th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Ladies, it is HUMPDAY!! Or, for me the day before a day off!
I hope that the storms are bypassing one and all...

We look to be needing a boat by the end of this week!!

Timmy's mothers funeral on Saturday was lovely, I think she would have liked it. He is doing ok...I am glad of it because it's a relationship that I personally don't understand, as my mother doesn't have anything to do with her children.

I received back two quilts the other day that I have to bind.... I am so glad to see something almost FINISHED

On my list of must get dones are all the photos that need to get ready for the Fort Clifton Festival on Mothers Day weekend... I keep putting it off and am going to regret it!!! But...

I have to get up and move ...this coffee needs topping off...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))
there are more where that came from, if need be...

Madeforyouinma11
April 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Morning! No storms here but we will need a boat...supposed to rain today and all day tomorrow and then again next week.
I'm glad everything went well with the funeral and that Timmy is doing well. I was very close to my mom and it was very difficult for me when she passed away. So sorry that you don't have that with your mom.
Well, today I will be washing the giant quilt that I finished for a customer and delivering it to her later this afternoon. I usually like to bring them outside to get some good pics, but because of the rain, I'll have to try and get some good ones inside. Next on the list are my April and May UFO group projects and a summer quilt for Julia.
I really need to do laundry today! UGH...I've been putting it off, but I can't do that any more. I'll also do a quick cleaning to get everything caught up once again.
Well, I'm off to do a little more reading and then start my day...maybe another cup is in order first.
Prayers and hugs to all that need them. Hope everyone has a great day.

HandsomeRyan
April 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Good morning! Weather is still bad here but at least we don't have tornadoes like some folks got.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0071_zpstwxtpian.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0071_zpstwxtpian.jpg.html)
Wiggles sends you all his morning smiles.

He started eating rice cereal yesterday and although we had been warned that "babies don't know how to eat from a spoon" and he'll probably just give you a weird look and spit it out. I'm happy to report that my son is a champion of instinct and he happily ate it with very little spillage. He was a good sleeper last night as well although we've all got allergies giving us stuffy noses.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/db91784a-b92b-4582-9b34-b6334a416998_zpscce110af.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/db91784a-b92b-4582-9b34-b6334a416998_zpscce110af.jpg.html)

I've got a quilting project to work on this afternoon which requires an applique be put over a large piece of fabric. I'm a little nervous about it but I think if I go slow I can make it work. Hopefully the applique gods will smile upon me.

Have a great day everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Hi all! I hear things got a little crazy in NC and surrounding states! Guess Blondie is in the bunker this morning! Get out the waders, East Coast residents! Sounds like some of you are going to be very wet! Hopefully no serious damaging floods.

Woke up early this morning. I have a small project box full of potential piecing projects on my sewing table, so if I wake up early, I can sew. I have my little SewEzi table set up next to the night stand with my standby machine on it, so I can work on projects til I want to go back to sleep. So far, I've pieced three sets of blocks, now I am working on D4P blocks. I say if you want to work on improving your accuracy of nesting seams, that is the block to make. You improve or go crazy, that's for sure! Besides, I love how the block looks when it is finished! I'm using our favorite Big Lots fabric to make these blocks, pairing them up with some orphaned Kona charms, it's that pretty orchid/green/blue combo! Found yardage the other day at Hancock that matches, so I can do my borders and backing to match! I also found border and backing yesterday at JoAnns for my Dresden coin quilt, now there are. No excuses for finishing these projects!

Hope you all have a good day, whatever the weather!

GrammaBabs
April 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Dresden Coin... that's on my list..
Little Man is the definition of a "chip off the old block"..... just too "handsome" and a personality to boot!!
Made up 2 "dog beds" yesterday at quilting..from the garbage bag of scraps that's for this purpose for the local shelter.. could not find my paper pieced strips.. figured I brought them home.. at about 10 min to leaving... my friend remembered she helped me last week,,, "cleaning out my project tub"... she hung them all on hangers by colorway.. and there they were hanging over her machine... duh,,,, in one week I didn't remember THAT???? Of course neither did she....LOL People have to learn that GB functions best with a bit of a mess around...:)
Off to water aerobics, then home to finish up a weekend quilt project of using up another 3 or 4 pieces,, picked from a "box" in the closet..
Dinner out tonight with gang,,
Will it ever get warm?
Hugs and kind thoughts to you all, Later Patater!! B

Monique
April 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Good morning. Cloudy, overcast, rainy kind of day.

I got my taxes done yesterday. A little over $3000 if all is correct. This will come in very nicely for my quilt trip in September. By the time I was done about 2pm I was still in my jammies and never did get dressed. I did a little quilting in the afternoon.

My friend had her surgery yesterday but ended up staying as the surgery was a little more involved. It is her birthday today and we supposed to do something but I doubt she will want to do anything today. We will see.

Hubby works the night shift tonight. Maybe I can get a little sewing done.

Have a great day friends.

Madeforyouinma11
April 30th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hi all! I hear things got a little crazy in NC and surrounding states! Guess Blondie is in the bunker this morning! Get out the waders, East Coast residents! Sounds like some of you are going to be very wet! Hopefully no serious damaging floods.

Woke up early this morning. I have a small project box full of potential piecing projects on my sewing table, so if I wake up early, I can sew. I have my little SewEzi table set up next to the night stand with my standby machine on it, so I can work on projects til I want to go back to sleep. So far, I've pieced three sets of blocks, now I am working on D4P blocks. I say if you want to work on improving your accuracy of nesting seams, that is the block to make. You improve or go crazy, that's for sure! Besides, I love how the block looks when it is finished! I'm using our favorite Big Lots fabric to make these blocks, pairing them up with some orphaned Kona charms, it's that pretty orchid/green/blue combo! Found yardage the other day at Hancock that matches, so I can do my borders and backing to match! I also found border and backing yesterday at JoAnns for my Dresden coin quilt, now there are. No excuses for finishing these projects!

Hope you all have a good day, whatever the weather!

Good luck on finishing those projects. I love the way the D4P looks too but for some reason, that block scares me..LOL I will make a quilt with that block...someday.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Good morning! Weather is still bad here but at least we don't have tornadoes like some folks got.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0071_zpstwxtpian.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0071_zpstwxtpian.jpg.html)
Wiggles sends you all his morning smiles.

He started eating rice cereal yesterday and although we had been warned that "babies don't know how to eat from a spoon" and he'll probably just give you a weird look and spit it out. I'm happy to report that my son is a champion of instinct and he happily ate it with very little spillage. He was a good sleeper last night as well although we've all got allergies giving us stuffy noses.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/db91784a-b92b-4582-9b34-b6334a416998_zpscce110af.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/db91784a-b92b-4582-9b34-b6334a416998_zpscce110af.jpg.html)

I've got a quilting project to work on this afternoon which requires an applique be put over a large piece of fabric. I'm a little nervous about it but I think if I go slow I can make it work. Hopefully the applique gods will smile upon me.

Have a great day everyone!
He just gets cuter every day!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 30th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Good luck on finishing those projects. I love the way the D4P looks too but for some reason, that block scares me..LOL I will make a quilt with that block...someday.
Cil, just don't try it when you are rushing to get a quilt top finished, it takes a little time to get going on it. When I did my first quilt using that block, there was a lot of frog sewing going on!

Sandy Navas
April 30th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Good Morning, Peeps!

Thought we were going to stay wet over night but the sun is out bright and purty this morning . . . 42 degrees though. You know the 'shrooms won't pop up when it's chilly. DRATS.

Sis and I are headed to Cameron this morning for a lunch out and a trip to the fabric store. Noticed in the paper that the highway by Hamilton (Yeah, M*) is going to be closed for three days. Funny, the one that runs by our house has major work going on that was supposed to take two weeks and it's been 10 days and they've only been able to work one day due to the rains . . .

Sis and I were commandeered to be the Ways and Means committee for our quilt guild. What were we thinking? We do have a beautiful Christmas quilt (donated fabric, finished by my Sis and quilted by our own nationally known quilter) that we will be raffling off. I wanted to order 3x size t-shirts (you know, the ones with the shapely outlines of gals in cheerleading costumes or bikinis, etc.) and do a car wash but Sis didn't think that idea would go over very well. Anyone out here with experience with fund raisers? I'm so much better at spending money . . .

Sure hope all our friends and families are safe and sound from all the raging weather. Prayers for everyone in need.

Madeforyouinma11
April 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Sandy, we get a lot of fundraisers around here where they sell tickets to win a book of scratch tickets. Most books of scratch tickets have 100 in them. Buy a book of the $1 tickets, and sell the raffle ticket for $5 each. Everything over the first 20 sold is profit.
Car washes, bake sales, Chinese auction......ummmm, that's all I got...lol

Mpyles
April 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Good morning!

Wednesday huh? Nothing going on here! Off to work I go...

Sandy...turkey shoot, paddle party...google it I hear they are to great fundraisers, chili supper, raffle something...that a all it got....

Everyone have a great day!

MRoy
April 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Good morning. It's gray and gloomy here. We've had close to 6" of rain since Sunday night and still having showers today. But, we've not had severe weather and I'm thankful for that. Prayers for all those affected by the tornadoes.

Iris Girl
April 30th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Morning all, Its cold damp and rainy here. I miss the sun and need warm weather. No class today as no one wanted to come in the heavy rain. So I am home. A quick check of my email showed an item I had on ebay sold so packaged that and sent it out. Stuffed peppers on the menu for tonight. Not much else going on.
Lil Man is getting so big and looks so happy and content.
Hope everyone is surviving the rains winds and tornadoes, stay safe , hugs to those that need them.

MayinJerset
April 30th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Cold and raining here since yesterday and expected to continue for the next few days. Sure wish we got more mulch put down before it began raining as those pesky weeds will be popping up soon.

Since I'll be indoors I have no more excuses to put off finishing my quilt show quilt, it's due in 2 weeks. Will post photo of completed top later. Also began small baby quilt for our next great grandchild that is expected to arrive in the summer. Speaking of babies that Sawyer is such a doll, Thanks Ryan for the photos, I just love seeing his happy smiling face.

WendyI
April 30th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I'm late...have to pick up my mother at the nursing home and take her to the dentist.

Needing hugs today...so glad to see some being offered in here.

Ryan that little man gets cuter every...not even sure how that's possible!

TTFN!
xox

EmmaB
April 30th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Hey folks! Getting in here late today.

And what do I see but SawyerMan smiling at me! What a cutie! Thanks, Ryan, I needed one of his smiles today.

Trish, glad things are going okay and things went well Saturday.

Everyone sounds busy, busy today. Hope you all gets your various projects, errands and what-nots completed. I had a closing to work on yesterday and this morning. Glad it’s over :)

Have a good rest-of-the-day people!!

Ginny B
April 30th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Rain, rain, rain. and quite chilly here. It's still pouring out and we've got flood warnings until midnight. But today was my Friday because I am off tomorrow and Friday and also Monday and Tuesday of next week. Heading up to CT for a few days. Craft Fair is on Sunday. I will be hitting the sewing room early tomorrow morning to finish up some stuff. May get to pop in here for bit early and see what everyone is up to.

Hope all who are in the real serious weather path stay safe.