PDA

View Full Version : Digital edition of April Block?

Auntyaya
April 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM
When will the April Block magazine digital edition be available?
TIA

Shea
April 29th, 2014, 02:40 PM
When will the April Block magazine digital edition be available?
TIA

Hey there! Just checked with the BLOCK staff and they said it should be available in digital form next week. Hope that helps!

karrollann
April 29th, 2014, 02:46 PM
dear new friend where can I find the tutorials of the block of the month ,,,,the house is where the haunt is... Im very new and very confused with forums ect. please take pity on an ignorant computer user. Karrollann age 73 Lovr the new hobby of quilting. I learn it all from Jenny.

K. McEuen
April 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
dear new friend where can I find the tutorials of the block of the month ,,,,the house is where the haunt is... Im very new and very confused with forums ect. please take pity on an ignorant computer user. Karrollann age 73 Lovr the new hobby of quilting. I learn it all from Jenny.

Go to the group and join it to see the links to the BOM tutorials that are up.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/groups/msqc-block-month-2014.html

MRoy
April 29th, 2014, 03:54 PM
The BOM video tutorials are also posted here, https://www.youtube.com/user/quiltingreviews , on YouTube. This is MSQC's quilting review channel on YouTube.

Monique
April 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I am anxiously await the digital version myself. I check every day.

Toulouse31
May 3rd, 2014, 07:30 AM
Me to, WHY is it still not uploaded?

Monique
May 3rd, 2014, 08:38 AM
Me to, WHY is it still not uploaded?

The first one did not seem to take so long. ??????????????????

MRoy
May 3rd, 2014, 09:37 AM
Do you recall when the first digital issue came out before subscribers got their copy in the mail there was a lot of discussion about delaying offering the magazine at MSQC to allow subscribers to receive it first. Maybe that's why it's not available digitally yet.

bubba
May 3rd, 2014, 10:51 AM
I did subscribe to it, but cancelled it after also getting the first edition on my iPad and found it to be just as nice as the print version. Personally, I think it is ridiculous to withhold the download version because we are all paying for it. I choose to purchase it electronically to help the envioronment.....I don't think it should be withheld.

Monique
May 4th, 2014, 08:47 AM
I did subscribe to it, but cancelled it after also getting the first edition on my iPad and found it to be just as nice as the print version. Personally, I think it is ridiculous to withhold the download version because we are all paying for it. I choose to purchase it electronically to help the envioronment.....I don't think it should be withheld.

IF that is the reason, then it is not a very good one. We can't subscribe here in Canada anyways and I am not paying over $20 to have it shipped here. AND not everyone is getting it all at the same time either. So we have to wait until every subscriber gets theirs first? My rant is now over!!!!!!! Thank you.

ravelim
May 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Does everyone still have their first digital download? Mine has disappeared. Anybody else have that happens?

Racing Nana
May 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I opened up a new folder on my desktop "Block Magazine" and saved it there. Just waiting for the newest edition.

I pop in and out of it as I need, but won't print it out.....way too much paper.

I also have a folder/file labeled "Downloads" that has a copy of it as well. I know I didn't create this folder....I think it came with my Windows system. Try checking to see if you have a folder hidden somewhere for these.

I am finding all sort of hidden goodies in this drop down menu that I didn't even know I had. (grrrrr 'putters... I just have to remember how to find the drop down menu)

ravelim
May 4th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks,I'll give it a try.

Shea
May 5th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Hi, all!

Hopefully I can clarify and answer some things for you.

BLOCK is definitely not being withheld. It's just a matter of converting the print-ready file to PDF form. It probably seems like a quick "save file as PDF" thing, but there is a lot more involved (for example, the size of the pages from magazine to tablet is different and needs to be arranged differently). The first issue came out in digital form after the print version was out for a bit and this issue will be the same.

I'm here visiting with Natalie now and can tell you that it is very close to being finished and ready in digital form. We want to be sure that when you pull it up on your iPad that it is just as beautiful and accurate as the printed magazine.

I hope that helps! I'll be sure to post back in this thread as soon as it's ready, but I have a feeling some excited M* BLOCK fans will beat me! Wanna race? Let's see who can break the news first! Ha! ;)

Monique
May 5th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hi, all!

Hopefully I can clarify and answer some things for you.

BLOCK is definitely not being withheld. It's just a matter of converting the print-ready file to PDF form. It probably seems like a quick "save file as PDF" thing, but there is a lot more involved (for example, the size of the pages from magazine to tablet is different and needs to be arranged differently). The first issue came out in digital form after the print version was out for a bit and this issue will be the same.

I'm here visiting with Natalie now and can tell you that it is very close to being finished and ready in digital form. We want to be sure that when you pull it up on your iPad that it is just as beautiful and accurate as the printed magazine.

I hope that helps! I'll be sure to post back in this thread as soon as it's ready, but I have a feeling some excited M* BLOCK fans will beat me! Wanna race? Let's see who can break the news first! Ha! ;)

Thank you so much for the clarification. Waiting anxiously and patiently.

MariaNaito
May 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the update.

Toulouse31
May 8th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Thank you so much for the clarification. Waiting anxiously and patiently.

Waiting anxiously and IMpatiently here!

bubba
May 8th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I emailed them directly last week and finally got a response last night. It said to expect it this week.......keeping my fingers crossed. A friend already let me look at her paper copy, but I'd still like my own to peruse.

Shea
May 9th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Great news, quilting fans! Issue #2 of BLOCK is available in digital form! Here you go: Digital Download - BLOCK Magazine Spring 2014 - Vol. 2 Issue 1 (http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/19378/-/-/digital-download-block-magazine-spring-2014-vol-2-issue-1)

Judy, USMC
May 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
OK - I'm confused ... other than the link posted I can't find it when I do a search. Put "digital block" in the search and only Vol 1 Issue 1 comes up.

And any idea when the printed edition will be available to order or (if it is in the shop now) how to get to the product page? Just afraid that if I couldn't find the digital version the print version may be elusive also.

Monique
May 9th, 2014, 01:12 PM
As far as I can tell, only Issue 1 is available at the shop for now. I know some people have received Issue 2 already (they were subscribers). Download is only available for Issue 1 at the moment.

Shea
May 9th, 2014, 01:42 PM
As far as I can tell, only Issue 1 is available at the shop for now. I know some people have received Issue 2 already (they were subscribers). Download is only available for Issue 1 at the moment.

Hi, all! I am not sure why it doesn't show up when you search for digital BLOCK on the shop site. I agree that's odd. I'll check with Al about that. In the meantime, the link in my previous post will work for now.

As far as the print version of BLOCK, Issue 2.... subscriber copies have been shipped (directly from the printer), but our copies for the shop and website have not yet arrived, which is why you don't see them online yet.

Hope that answers your questions. We'll certainly let you know as soon as they arrive!

Best,
Shea

Judy, USMC
May 9th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks, Shea. So nice to know that someone at the shop is monitoring posts about BLOCK and keeping us up-to-date. I know now that I have to be patient for a little while longer.

Shea
May 9th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Shea. So nice to know that someone at the shop is monitoring posts about BLOCK and keeping us up-to-date. I know now that I have to be patient for a little while longer.

No problem! Happy to help. Thank you SO much for your patience. We'll keep looking out the door, watching for that magical magazine delivery truck!

Monique
May 9th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I downloaded mine a little while ago. I still can't find it if I do a search but someone posted the link here thank goodness.

Auntyaya
May 9th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Yay thanks!!

Toulouse31
May 10th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Yippee! just downloaded it, thanks MSQC. I have a content wish/suggestion, not sure of where to post but I really liked the dresden ruler bag project in issue 2, would it be possible to do something like 'sewable quick little gift projects for Christmas'? I was looking on-line for a simple thread catcher pattern from scraps and really wish Jenny had done a tutorial on one!

MariaNaito
May 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Thank you. Oh what to do, I have been waiting for the digital (as I live in Japan) but today I learnt that a friends husband can bring me a parcel of stuff (ie quilting stuff) so now wondering to wait for a paper copy....oh what to do....?

lourixe
May 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
In case anybody is still looking for them, these are the links to the downloads:

BLOCK MAGAZINE

Winter 2014 issue: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/17397/msqc/-/digital-download-block-magazine-winter-2014-vol1-issue-1s

Spring 2014 issue: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/19378/-/-/digital-download-block-magazine-spring-2014-vol-1-issue-2