PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Prayer

Meli
April 28th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Our youngest, Jason, has been dinking around with packets (home study) to finish high school. He's been doing this since November 2012. Heaven knows he's had enough time! His mom doesn't set guidelines for him to get this done, and the kid doesn't pay much attention to DH. DOn't get me wrong, for the most part he's a great kid. He just lacks the motivation gene. He has also been telling us that he planned to serve a 2 year mission for our church. When his brother Nate came home from his mission recently, he started having long talks with his little brother. Jason admitted to him that he had no intentions of serving a mission, was happy not going to church, and just intended to keep coasting as long as he could. Nate apparently challenged Jason to think about it and, more importantly, to pray about it.

We were unaware of this. Two weekends ago, Jim took the boys out of town and they cut the visit with the grandparents short because Jason insisted on going to church at HIS congregation. We were caught off guard by this and mentioned it to Nate a few days later. He just grinned, and told us Jason had taken up the challenge to pray, and to ask if he should serve a mission. God hears and answers all prayers, just in His own time. He was apparently listening to Jason, because the response was immediate, powerful, and a resounding YES! It was such a strong, amazing experience that Jason is taking steps to do everything he can to leave on his mission as soon as possible. He is working dilligently on his packets (he really doesn't have many left to do) and is working on losing weight (all this sitting around playing computer games has helped him gain a LOT of weight) and is going to church every week.

I am in awe of the changes happening before me as this young man wakes up, steps up, and begins to take control of his life.

Thanks for listening!

Kgrammiecaz
April 28th, 2014, 04:54 PM
How wonderful he has made a committment and is sticking by it. Sounds like he found his path. Good to,hear

SuzyQue
April 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Yes, God does hear our prayers and is faithful to act upon them. Isn't that grand!

Miss Sheri
April 28th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Yea Meli! I'm so happy for all of you! They grow so much on their missions, and come back as capable, caring adults. Prayers of gratitude tonight!

MayinJerset
April 28th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Wonderful change in Jason mostly due to his big brother's counseling. to pray. You should feel very proud of your boys.

BellasQuilts
April 28th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Nothing like a big brother to talk to! Sometimes that is who can motivate us the best. Great news!

alliek
April 29th, 2014, 07:31 PM
GOD'S CONTINUED BLESSINGS.

Elliegirl
April 29th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Prayer is amazing!

grammakim04
April 29th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Wonderful story, prayer is so powerful!