PDA

View Full Version : Has any one tried Plexus Slim?

Vonnie
April 27th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I got an email in from an acquittance about it and had never heard of it before. Seems to get good reviews on the internet but would like to know if any "real" people have tried it or know of any one who has.

quiltsRfun
April 27th, 2014, 02:05 PM
What is it?

Doloris
April 27th, 2014, 02:06 PM
I briefly looked it up on Amazon and it looks like it is just caffeine. It warns not to take it and drink any more caffeine. At $100 I would pass on this one.
I have never used it, so just my opinion.

K. McEuen
April 27th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Never heard of it, but from the name it seems to be a diet aid. Most of them do more harm than good.

Vonnie
April 27th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks. I looked at the ingredients and I'm already taking a multi vitamin that has Chromium in it.

It's pretty expensive so I think I will pass on this also. And I don't need any more caffeine.

Wwena
April 27th, 2014, 03:41 PM
I'd also not take multi vitamins. If you need extra vitamins (for example because you can't/won't eat certain things), then supplement with the vitamins you need. Multi vitamins are at best smart marketing making you waste your money and at worst, and combined with other things, they can give you overdoses.

As for diet aids, I'd ask my doctor. When I was on a diet that meant I didn't eat much and was worried about how my stomach would feel about coffee when it was empty (it's quite tetchy, my stomach) I took some diet pills instead of drinking coffee. Their main effect was to give you energy through caffeine and one more (natural) stimulant. I thoroughly researched them first and then got a thumbs up from my doctor before taking them (for a limited time). As I was on the last few days of my diet, they pills were taken off the American market, since so many had overdosed the substances in them without realising it, because they were taking different things with the same substance, and this lead to high blood pressure in some cases.

So, you are very wise to read up on the ingredients. :)

Vonnie
April 27th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks Anna. I'll keep that info in mind.