PDA

View Full Version : Gina from mpls

ginampls
December 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Hello all, hey i am first to post on the topic board,,, thank you.
My update is this. my house went on the market yesterday. there has been two offers to buy my house. sad... but yeah.. now all we have to do is wait for the bank to say yes or no. Most of my house is packed up. My quilt room has been so tidy. but i have the sample quilt still out for staging. looks good. well, just thought I'd post..

shell.scraps
December 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
WOW!!! You put your house on the market yesterday and you already have two offers?? CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D

stitchywoman
December 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I agree wow is right! I know it can be sad to move, a big change is always hard, but to sell so quickly is great! Congrats and good luck! We're glad to know things are going well for you! :)

Carmen
December 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Gina, it is pretty cool that you were the first person to post on this board. Eventually it will be full like the rest of them, and you'll be able to say "I was the first little piece of the snow that got the ball rolling and ended up becoming this giant snowball!".

I remember when I moved out of my first home. It was very sad. Even though I like our new place much better and I'm happy that we moved, there are so many memories attached to any place you live. I don't know about you, but I'm terrible with change. You can imagine how hard spring cleaning is for me, reluctantly throwing out those Christmas cards from eight years ago! I think it's awesome that you had offers come so fast. You must have staged your place very well (I bet it was that pretty quilt your strategically left out that sealed the deal!). They didn't do something like ask for the appliances AND the quilt as part of the offer did they?! Do you have any secrets to share with the rest of us for when we sell our houses? Two offers in one day ain't too shabby!!

ginampls
December 6th, 2009, 01:04 AM
thanks,, no the staging has been well nothing.. i took things off the walls, tried to keep house clean,( umm not easy as i am a bit of a pig.) so,.. over this last year i have been throwing stuff out. so my house looks kind of bare from what it was. as for the offers... i am in "short sale" which means, there is a huge loss... bill and i bought it for 171,500 I am selling it for 62,000. sucks to be me.. but it is great to be me.. i am reinventing myself... going towards pass times i have dreamed of doing.. stained glass and quilting.. reading books because i enjoy them ..
thank you all for the warm wishes. i am so excited about my move. some fear some tears.. my new apt is at an old ski lodge with two balconies. for less than 500.00 per month... i think i can adjust....

shell.scraps
December 6th, 2009, 01:17 AM
sounds like you are reinventing yourself in a great way!! sorry about the short sale...that part sucks...but the new place sounds wonderful!! I can't wait to see pics of it...

debinmalaga
December 9th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Gina you sound like a brave and strong person!

ginampls
December 11th, 2009, 11:19 AM
thank you,,, i am tough. but i make mistakes and try to learn from them , some days are harder than others but generally i have more good days than bad days. i think it is important to turn things around. like when there is a negative... find the positive as soon as you can that way the bummer aspect doesn't control all of the situation.. love gina from Mpls soon to be from Grand Rapids