PDA

View Full Version : Post Meeting Adoption Update

cyndiofthevortex
April 23rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
It is too soon to jump for joy, but there is great reason to hope. Grammie Sue was called in to DCYF today and told that the state is recommending little C stay here with Bethany and James because he is completely bonded to us.

Praise God!

Now, we have not yet been told this by the state, but Sue is a pretty good resource. She tells B she will fight this decision.

Just before this, B and J met with the GAL, who is totally on their side and heartily agrees that C should stay here with our family. She wrote an email saying this to C's social worker while B and J were still there. B and J have been invited by her to write a letter explaining why the best choice for C is for him to stay here. They will write it tonight and send it off asap. Pray that they use just the right words for C's sake!

All these things are completely hopeful! It is hard to believe, and we still have to hear it ourselves from the state, but we have great cause for hope. Thank you, thank you, thank you for carrying us through this nightmare with your prayers and good wishes. We all, B and J, DH and I, appreciate all of you more than we can say.

MRoy
April 23rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
That's wonderful news Cyndi and definitely reason to have hope!

Miss Sheri
April 23rd, 2014, 07:32 PM
Prayers of gratitude, and continued petitions that all will work together for your good. (((((((Cyndi)))))))
Hoping with all my soul. . .

Monique
April 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Cyndi, I will say extra prayers that this little boy gets to stay with this very loving family.

cyndiofthevortex
Oh, to be C's forever family! It is what we have hoped for since we met him one year ago at the beginning of April 2013. What a funny little boy he was then and how we have grown to love him! I wish you could all meet him. I'll be giving him some extra hugs the next few days - I'll throw some in from all of you!

K. McEuen
If Sue plans to fight the decision things could turn even uglier than they have been. Has your daughter assured her that she would still be Grammie Sue and not cut out of C's life forever should they be allowed to keep him? Maybe with that assurance, that she will still be Grammie to him she might not fight as much?

cyndiofthevortex
April 23rd, 2014, 07:56 PM
If Sue plans to fight the decision things could turn even uglier than they have been. Has your daughter assured her that she would still be Grammie Sue and not cut out of C's life forever should they be allowed to keep him? Maybe with that assurance, that she will still be Grammie to him she might not fight as much?
I agree that it could get ugly, and we are all concerned about it. Sue does know, and has known from the beginning, and has seen it living out in front of her with B and J's two adopted sons, that B and J practice open adoption, especially when it comes to grandmothers. She knows she will be his grandmother forever. But now she is mad at the state and it sounds like she will put up a big fight. We will pray for peace in our hearts and around C's life.

ilive2craft2
April 23rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Sounds like things are going the right way and hope that Sue can see that this is the best option for C - he has been through so much already and the attempted transition to her house was not going well. Continued prayers for all of you that this can be handled without getting ugly and that C will get to stay with all of you.

grannyann
April 23rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
Praying all will work out in your family's favor. But anything could happen until you hear it from the state .Just wishing the best for the little guy and your family.

pcbatiks
April 23rd, 2014, 08:12 PM
Praying for a positive outcome for C and all of you. I just don't understand why the grandma would want to put the little boy through a fight when she could see how all of this has affected him already. Prays also that she will realize that C staying with B will be the best answer for him. Big hugs to all of your family during this stressful time. Thanks for the update.

HandsOffItsMine
April 23rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
(((Cyndi & family))) This is beyond hopeful and we're all on pins and needles to hear this from the State. I have the FB PM window open with Kat as she's been waiting for updates. We'll continue with prayers and will pray that Sue will realize that being part of C's life as Gramma Sue is the right way thing to do for C in the long run.

Huggers, The Schmers & Stegers

EmmaB
April 23rd, 2014, 09:32 PM
Prayers will continue for little C and your family for this process to go smooth.

toggpine
April 23rd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Continued prayers for this situation! Good news so far!

bubba
April 23rd, 2014, 09:34 PM
Hoping the light at the end of the tunnel continues to get brighter for you....

cyndiofthevortex
April 23rd, 2014, 09:51 PM
Thank you all! Now, why am I so exhausted? I hope I can sleep tonight - I really need a peaceful night's rest.

AuntieVic
April 23rd, 2014, 10:17 PM
That is a good step in the right direction. I will continue to send positive vibes so this all ends soon, and with C home with B and J.

WendyI
April 23rd, 2014, 10:44 PM
OMIGOSH!! I'M SO EXCITED TO READ THIS!! That sounds so very optimistic!! SURELY they will see that he is better off with a young family than living with an older woman alone with no father figure and/or siblings. Honestly! I think your family will get to keep him! I so hope I am right! And I hope his grandmother lets go of her guilt complex and realizes that this is THE best thing for C and NOT just because it's what SHE wants! HUGS! xoxox

Simply Quilting
April 23rd, 2014, 11:13 PM
That is some very hopeful news. Continued prayers.

dwil23
April 24th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Cyndi, that is indeed encouraging. I pray that Sue will see that is what is best for him and not turn it into an ugly situation. For the life of me, I don't understand why she would want to do that, but some people let their emotions get in the way of good, common sense solutions. (((HUGS))) to all...

Miss Sheri
April 24th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Thank you all! Now, why am I so exhausted? I hope I can sleep tonight - I really need a peaceful night's rest.

Oh Cyndi, nothing is so wearying as STRESS, especially when your heart and soul are involved. Praying you may feel the Lord's peace and reassurance. Bless you dear.

Pegger
April 24th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Sounds good. I'll keep praying.

Jen7
April 24th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Sounds like potential good news, all best wishes to the whole family!

MayinJerset
April 24th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Cyndi, I will say extra prayers that this little boy gets to stay with this very loving family.

Me too, all the prayers and good thoughts seem to be paying off, May

easyquilts
April 24th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Wonderful news, Cyndi..... I can just feel you holding your breath..... It sounds very encouraging. I really don't know why an older woman, with a sick husband would even want to begin raising a child.... It makes no sense to me, at all.

Why can't Sue just be his grandmother? Especially, when he is so happy, and has bonded with your family.

stationarymom
April 24th, 2014, 02:28 AM
i wish you all the best of luck and hope the state and the judge involved will see C as a person and not property. I'm glad the gal is on your side that means a lot because their only job and concern is supposed to be what is in the best interest of C. good luck.

rebeccas-sewing
April 24th, 2014, 04:31 AM
He's a doll, Cyndi! Just keeping fingers and toes crossed 'til he's legally yours. I just hope this grandma will back off when the decision is reached. I still don't understand what her thinking is after leaving him with you for almost a year. Has she ever given a reason for why she waited so long to come forward?

Suzette
April 24th, 2014, 07:49 AM
What encouraging news! We have all been praying so hard for this! I will continue to pray for this situation and especially that Sue will see that she is doing more harm than good by this little angel by fighting to rip him from his parents and his home. It's time for some peace in all your lives.

Madeforyouinma11
April 24th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Good news! Will keep praying .