PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, Wednesday.

Monique
June 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Good Wednesday morning fellow quilters! I can't believe I am starting the thread today. I hope you are well and enjoying the beautiful weather wherever you are.

Going to be a vvvvery hot day here today. Calling for 31C and with the humidity 41C. Not much going on just too darn nice to do anything but take it easy. Might get the baby quilt finished today. So many projects in my head, they need to come out. LOL!

Well everyone I hope you have a wonderful day.

Monique

NM Lady
June 8th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It's supposed to be very warm here today too.

Made a pillow case last night for a friend who had a stroke. Bright, bright colors. Hope it makes her feel better.

I absolutely love the totes.

Gotta run. Y'all have a great day. God bless!

patticakes
June 8th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Morning all! Just a quick note to say hi! Have so many projects going right now and including family dinners, working out and heading to the pool on these HOT days, I've not spent as much time as I would like checking in. Hope all is well for all and you are managing to slip alittle sewing in here and there.
Stay cool!

debinmalaga
June 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Good morning, everyone! Hope y'all have a Wonderful Wednesday! Has anyone heard from Blondie?

Supposed to get to 96 here today, so after I finish work at 2:30 I plan to hide in the house and sew!

quiltingtrish
June 8th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hot here too so need to get my walk in the morning hours at some point. It's next on my list.
I WILL be sewing today. I procrastinated too much yesterday and finally went to bed. I guess I was taking a break from all the work outside the days before.
So - will check in later and hope everyone has a good day whatever you do.
Hugs,

RFREE
June 8th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hello everybody.Another very busy day today. My DD has minor surgery this morning.She is having a"nevus" taken off her neck(I call it a skin tag) and a wart off her knee. This nevus thingy can't be froze off(tried that) or pulled off it has to be surgically removed or it will come back.So she is at the age she now wants it done.I say we are gonna get it done but I have a feeling we have an appointment to make an appointment. Ever get that ladies?? This Dr. has seen her already and told me then to just bring her back when she is ready and he will do it then.Well we are going back. I also have to finish up the yard sale details or tomorrow and go to the grocery to fill up the freezers so my DH and DD don't starve while I am gone.This is going to be very interesting me leaving my DD. She has never been away from me longer than 1 night and she won't go to MI with me because she can't take her dogs and she thinks her dad will not take good enough care of them. I am sure my cell will be wore out by the time I get home.They argue all the time ( preteen you know)need I say more.I think I will enjoy the peace and quiet. ha ha .Yall have a wonderful day.I will check back in later. Hugs
Rhonda

toggpine
June 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Morning All!
Doing some laundry and house work. I have some folks coming to look at the goats today and company coming in a week and a half. Time to do a bit more than general tidying up. I figure if I take a whack at some of it everyday, then it won't seem like an insurmountable task next week! Not sure how much sewing will really get done now. Soooo glad I got the wild swap blocks done when I did!
It is overcast with chances of showers until about mid-day here. Supposed to dry out after that and hit the upper 60's. We'll see how right the weather guy is.
Rhonda, you might just be surprised at how well they will manage. (Maybe!)
You all have a great day!
Cathy

pdjewelrylady
June 8th, 2011, 01:17 PM
HI Quilty Ladies!!
actually cooling off here (only 92 today!!) doing laundry and other stuff and..... this!
got a call the other day for a baby girl quilt to be delivered by friday...... this is what i put together from stash - quilting and binding this afternoon ..... hope she likes it :)

looking forward to seeing the mail lady today too! only 7 sets of WILD blocks to go and ready for swapping safari day!! yippppppeeeeeeee!! :D

Loonwatcher
June 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hi all. Hot here today too 92 deg. (only 85 so far). Although here I sit in the office with a sweater on....UGH! Suzi, great quilt, so pretty.

Any word from Blondie?

Everyone have a great day. Stay cool!

debinmalaga
June 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
What a pretty quilt, Suzi!!!

RFREE
June 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Pretty pretty pink quilt!! She will love it!

bakermom
June 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
90's here too. But I'm going to be brave and venture up to sew. now to position the fans so they blow on me and not my fabric!
supper is in the crockpot so I can ignore it.

Finally got some pictures uploaded of things I had cut out while I was laid up. also some things I've been working on now that i'm semi mobile. picture quality isn't the greatest but they're ok. There are also pics of the last minute quilt Dd made for her sister. hope you enjoy them.

JVO
June 8th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Well it is a cloudy cool day in Alberta. I do not like the heat, so this is fine with me. If I could find some place to live that the high temp was 25 C and the low of 15 C I would be gone in a heart beat.

I am doing some varnishing of newels so DH can get our stair railing finished. I also had a couple people in to give quotes on a back fence, new eavestrough and soffit.

I am trying to make a fabric bowl/mat, using the wrapped clothes line. If I can not get the sides to start it will be a mat. I also have a quilt I want to finish today so I should get at it.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

meemeecyn
June 8th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Very hot here in NH. But I promised myself I wouldn't complain after the long and cold winter! That was a very pretty pink quilt, Suzi! Very feminine looking. Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Finally got some pictures uploaded of things I had cut out while I was laid up. hope you enjoy them.

LOVE your 3-D baby quilt! Where did you find that pattern?

bakermom
June 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Sandy, we found the pattern at the quilt and sewing expo last year. DD's been waiting for another baby to arrive so she could make it!

http://thimble-art.com/patterns/children-patterns/its-a-jungle

She made a couple changes to reflect the designs in the background fabric, no zebra-a tiger in it's place instead. ( DD is 21, she's been making quilts since she was about 10. )

sally
June 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Wow you easterners are sure getting the weather. It is cool here and overcast. WE had a nice weekend but that was it. Below norm temp. My poor tomato and cucumber plants are turning a sickly green from too much rain and not enough warm sunshine. Oh well with this weather I am still quilting. Suppose to be painting the house but too cool out...

bakermom
June 8th, 2011, 07:47 PM
yeah our spring was cool and rainy-ridiculous amount of rain. Now we've jumped straight into summer high 80s and 90s.

MaryB
June 8th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Brrr, brrr - cold and wet here all day Wednesday and more of the same today (Thursday morning in Australia). Winter in the Snowy Mountains and the ski season opens on the weekend, should be a bumper season this year! Has the cyclone (tornado) season passed now for you Stateside gals? Have been noting your high, high temps over there and am happy to be cold - absolutely hate hot weather.

Mary B.

toggpine
June 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Shauna, we are a bit south of you here in Washington and my tomatoes are still in my window sill! It looks like it should stay above 50, so I can finally set them out. The peas and spinach are loving it though!

I have an order for at least two goats. They want one of the yearlings and one of this year's babies. Since we are just getting started with the kidding season here, they get first choice of the babies. Lucky them!

I got a nice piece of house work done this morning and almost all of the laundry. Just the whites left to run through as the last load with some bleach. Does anyone else do that, or just my Mom's family? Mom always washed the clothes and saved the whites for last. She said the bleach would keep the washer fresh until the next wash day, or so said her mom. We never had that sour smell in any of our clothes so I guessed she was right. This was long before they made special products to clean your wash machine.

I'm going to go check on how the roast is defrosting, we may have it tomorrow if it's not thawed yet! Then I'm gonna sneak in some sewing time. I need to get the two pieces of batting attached together, trim it, and then fuse the layers together. Once that is taken care of, then I can whip out the tote bag I have planned for Em's teacher's gift. I think I'll use it to wrap a nice bottle of tequila for her to make margaritas with! After putting up with our pre-schoolers all year, she certainly deserves it!
Have a good evening!
Cathy

janluna
June 8th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Shauna, it's so good to hear from you. I miss you! Suzi, I love the baby quilt. It is 95 here today. Hot, Hot, Hot! I love A/C. I would love it if it stayed 70 degrees, and sunny. Otherwise I like fall and winter. I know I'm strange. lol I got my nails done today. That's it. Oh, I made fudge for the lady that did my nails and I made dinner. So I feel like I did nothing all day. I needed a day off though. I've been working on my fan quilt and almost have it together. I need to look for backing and border fabric. I'll do that on Friday when my friend Dawn and I go to see another friend in Batavia, NY. We always hit a couple of shops in Buffalo or surrounding towns. There is also a shop hop going on this week. We could hit one of those shops.
Well, I've rambled on about nothing much so I'll close for now. Love you all, Jan

craftyladysam
June 8th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Glad to see Shauna and Jan on here. Missed seeing you girls. The tornadoes will still be around bc it's hurricane weather now and they have bad strong winds with them and sometimes tornadoes. Today was hot,hot, hot! No rain which we need in a bad way.
Suzi, love that baby quilt! You are so good girl! Wish we lived next door so you could show me how you do it! Later, taters ,Sam

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
http://thimble-art.com/patterns/children-patterns/its-a-jungle

She made a couple changes to reflect the designs in the background fabric, no zebra-a tiger in it's place instead. ( DD is 21, she's been making quilts since she was about 10. )

Thank you so very, very much for the link. I love that quilt and your DD did a fantastic job!