PDA

View Full Version : Is it Tuesday, already?

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Good morning dear quilty friends. I'm here wasting time instead of tackling my chore of the day which involves me getting out the leaf blower and cleaning winter debris off the skirt around the pool. The DGDs are begging for it to be open and with the soaring temperatures this past week, I do believe the water will be warm enough. Hopefully I can accomplish my task before Jim shows up to take the cover off and treat the water!

I woke with dreams of sewing quilt blocks, so as soon as I am finished outside - or as soon as it gets too hot for me - I'll be heading to the sewing room today.

Hope everyone is just busy, busy, busy and that's the reason we're not hearing from them here! Hugs to all and special prayers if you need them!!

lindaw724472002
June 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Sandy I really enjoyed you letting us in on your trip. Sounds like a blast. School is out and I am keeping my grandson during the day for my daughter. Trying to keep up with a five year old wears me out lol.
Seems like everyone is busy. Hope you get everything done before it is to hot The weather has been very hot here not ready for this. have a great day Linda

Lisaau
June 7th, 2011, 10:00 AM
ooh Linda wanna swap weather l'm in Australia its winter and its freaking freezing ..l'm sitting here with 3 layers of clothes on......its snowing 15 mins from where l live...I 'II glady take the hot weather from you

RFREE
June 7th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Good morning ladies! I am running around trying to finish up alot of last minute details before my trip to see my 2 sisters in MI.
We are leaving out on Saturday and we are having a huge yard sale Thurs &Fri. to sell hopefully enough stuff to finance at least the gas to get there and back.Hard to believe it has been 33 years since I have seen them.If I remember right I was about 12 the last time they came down with their families. One of them did come to our dads funeral in '86 though so it has been 25 years since I have seen her but I am so excited to finally be able to go.No sewing for me this week just to busy. Hot hot hot here too. Our pool has been open for the past month and it sure feels good.Here's hoping yall have a great day and everybody stay cool!!!

quiltingtrish
June 7th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone!
One of my kitties is sitting in the kitchen literally licking her lips waiting for her little dab of her morning milk treat, but am out so she will have to wait until I get my walk in and grab my shower before I go get some. Last night, I was too exhausted and sweaty to stop in and get some. I wonder how long she will sit there and wait for it.

I got 2 loads of clothes hung on the line and then went to see Katie play softball - they lost, but it was a good game. She did get a job at a farm for the summer milking cows (the machine way) and brings in the herd. She didn't look too happy about it so she probably figures I had something to do with getting her that job, which I didn't. Dh and I got alot of heavy chores done at my Dad's and we worked until almost 9 PM. Stumps dug out, trees debranched, mowing done, lots of weeding, and a concrete block lifted - I can't remember the last time I slept in until almost 9 AM. We are both taking the day off today which means sewing for me! My dad worked as hard as we did - 2 days in a row, think we wore him out.

I have 4 quilt tops to get quilted so if I can get those done by machine free motion in the next few days, I will have photos to post -that's my goal anyways. As long as the machine cooperates, I will be one happy camper!

Hot and humid seems to be the story for the next few days. August temperatures for June they say. The weather is just crazy.

Love your account of the bus trip Sandy! You made it sound as if I were there along with you all. And those luscious colors you choose for your purchases - oh pretty!

Lisa - I didn't know you get snow in Australia - I guess I always thought that you were too far south to get the white stuff. I'd gladly send you some of this heat. It's to be in the 90's here. Not too bad, but if you throw in the humidity, it just wears me out.

Rhonda - have a safe trip - will send prayers up. How exciting to see your sisters after all these years! And good luck at your yard sale, I'd come if I were closer. I love them and seeing what goodies someone else wants to get rid of.

Linda - enjoy your grandson - they are so fun at that age. I love all the cute things they come up with to say.

Better get the day started. Give someone a hug today!

Hugs,

Lisaau
June 7th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Trish yes we get snow just not in abundance like you do in the USA ...weve got world class ski resorts and we've held world cup skiing events...last time l can remember snow was in 1983..l walked to work in it.according to google earth its currently 41degrees farenheit or 5 degrees celsius ....

lindaw724472002
June 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Lisa I like to find some nice weather somewhere in between. This heat index in the 100's is to much for me. I hope you stay warm. Rhonda have a great trip after the last few weeks you deserve a break. How's the foot doing? Trish sounds like you earned a well deserved break. Hope machine run smoothly and we see the quilts soon. I have two projects going. One is a quilt I learned a lot of lessons what not to do. I have to rip out some so I promised myself not to start anything till I finish that quilt. I will either love it or hate it lol. Blessing to all have a great day Linda

bakermom
June 7th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Storming like mad here. It's as dark as night right now but once this passes thru it will be close to 90.
I need DH to take me out so i can get some batting to finish up some quilt tops. if everything checks out next week i'll be driving again so I don't have to depend on others.
It sounds like everyone has a busy week planned. It should be a quiet week here. DD will be in for a visit next week so that will keep us busy. We got to see the nursery another DD and SIL just finished. So cute! Just about 2 months before their first arrives. So exciting!

quilter.martha
June 7th, 2011, 11:57 AM
We're having beautiful weather for a change. That's not gonna last though. We're to get hot humid weather the next two days. We don't have AC at our house, so I'll probably shut the house up, close all the blinds and go to the mall! Might be a great couple of days to hunt down some quilt shops I've never visited...

I want to thank whom ever it was that posted a link a while ago to the Moda Bake Shop web site. There are so many fun projects with great photos in the instructions! Has anybody ever done a project from that site?? I'm itching to try some of them out.

Loonwatcher
June 7th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hi all. Beauty of a day here - only possibe t-storms later. Rhonda, have a great and safe trip. Enjoy your sisters. Lisa, hopefully your winter wont' be as freaking long as ours was this year. But don't worry, they eventually end. Sounds like everyone is very busy. Can't wait to see some of those finished quilts.

Have a great day everyone,

toggpine
June 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The sun is out, but we have a high wind warning in effect until this afternoon, then I think we are expecting clouds and drizzle. Lisa sorry about the cold weather. We are just now headed out of those temps on a steady basis. We hit 70 for the first time on Saturday! My tomatoes are STILL in the kitchen window sill since it doesn't want to stay above 50 at night.
Trish, I sympathize with you on the yard work at the parents. After our tree removal on Saturday we were wiped out too. At least your dad helped. Mom tried, but she's not so coordinated anymore and she spent most of the time entertaining the 5 year old. That was helpful with that. Unlike my step-father and sister, who sat on the deck, made snide remarks, and didn't lift a finger to help. I think that is the last time we agree to help with that lot hanging around. The house and yard are getting to be way too much for Mom to handle and Dad doesn't seem to care unless it has some direct effect on his comfort, the TV, or the computer. OK, enough about that, or I'll stew on it all day.
Have some errands to run today, but I want to try to deal with the fusible batting for the quilt since it is taking up a chunk of space I'd like to have for working on something else.
As for the Moda Bakeshop, I have several things I'd like to try from there, but my list of projects is already so huge, who knows when I'll actually get around to doing the one from there. The people who have used the tutorials from there have been pleased with the results they achieved.
Take care! Cathy

Monique
June 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Still not much quilting getting down around here. I cut the grass yesterday and did two loads of laundry. I don't know if I told you all that I am now officially off the cancer pills. Woohoo! It has been 5 years. Glad to be rid of those.

Today I am getting a much needed hair trim and then a supper meeting tonight.

Last Saturday night I did the Relay for Life which runs from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m. the next morning. Our little community raised $102,000. My oldest brother came and walked with me. A much needed one-on-one between us. It was fabulous.

Anyway, weather here has finally warmed up. But black flies and mosquitos are bad. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Have a great day to you all and happy quilting to those who have found the time to do so,

Monique

debinmalaga
June 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Hello, quilting buddies! Working till six tonight so catching up on my reading here in the forum. Hot here in NJ too, so I'm wishing some warm rays to Lisa! Trish, I'm glad Katie has a summer job, it'll be a nice taste of adulthood and she's lucky to have found one in the current job market. Is this her first job?

Rhonda, have a great trip and visit with your family. I can imagine how excited you must be!

Monique, congrats on moving on from your cancer meds!

Hope everyone is having a Tremendous Tuesday :).

Susan M
June 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Tuesday....another day at work. Thank god I love my job. No yard work for me as my neighborhood has several people who have wood pits and like to burn. Of course I happen to have asthma which is triggered by the burning wood. That's the best excuse for quilting if ever I heard one!! :icon_woohoo:
So my son cuts the lawn and grandkids help with the raking. Hope everyone had a great Tuesday! See ya all on Wednesday.

Dragonfly
June 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I want to thank whom ever it was that posted a link a while ago to the Moda Bake Shop web site. There are so many fun projects with great photos in the instructions! Has anybody ever done a project from that site?? I'm itching to try some of them out.
That could have been several of us, I know I have posted it recently but so have some other members, I'm pleased that you like the site they have some great patterns. I like that you can go to the recipe tab and choose patterns specific to the precut you have.

I have made things from the site, and their instructions are good. Most of their patterns are from people who have their own blog sites so what I like is to go visit the sites of the the designers, they often have some lovely things on their blogs as well.

Lisa is right it is cold here in Australia, but it is all relative, it's no where near as cold as parts of the US and I am sitting here cozily by my slow combustion fire. But I sure am glad I don't need to go outside.

quilter.martha
June 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I have made things from the site, and their instructions are good. Most of their patterns are from people who have their own blog sites so what I like is to go visit the sites of the the designers, they often have some lovely things on their blogs as well.

Thanks, Lynn for the tip. I'll start looking at the blogs of the designers as well!