PDA

View Full Version : Remember when I said my dogs are weird?

Pandabear
April 18th, 2014, 11:24 PM

Ty decided the best place to chew his dog bone was sitting on the arm of the couch with the bone on the cushion.

Then two days ago, I found a tick on his tongue. How does a dog get a tick on his tongue?

auntiemern
April 19th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Almost as important a question, is how do you get one off of a dogs tongue?

Lisapc
April 19th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Not weird, they just have great personalities. This photo is adorable. He must have licked the tick off himself and it stuck!

pcbatiks
April 19th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Cute picture of the pup! A tick on the tongue........that's a new one! :D

dwil23
April 19th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Yep, that is a new one to me, too!

rebeccas-sewing
April 19th, 2014, 04:29 AM
Poor guy! That has to be pretty uncomfortable having it biting into his tongue. Funny photo! Seriously, how did you remove it?

Bubby
April 19th, 2014, 05:57 AM
That's a great picture. I've never heard of a tick on a dog's tongue. Maybe a call to your vet? Let us know how this turns out.

WendyI
April 19th, 2014, 06:39 AM
YUK! Ticks are disgusting! Poor dogglie! That's an awesome pic! Your dog IS weird...but adorable! LOL!

Suzette
April 19th, 2014, 07:06 AM
As a vet tech, I can tell you it's pretty rare to see a tick on the tongue. Are you sure it's a tick?

And super cute picture of him on the couch with his bone! Gotta love those quirky pets! :D

Mpyles
April 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Is he a yellow lab? He looks just like my jake. Who is as nerdy as this! Lol but we get so much joy from him and he is such a loyal sweetie!

Madeforyouinma11
April 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
He's so cute..we have a black lab and he loves laying on the top of the back cushion and going to sleep. He knows he shouldn't be up there, but just looks at me with those eyes...who can resist?
Hope you figure out a way to deal with that nasty tick.

Slokarma
April 19th, 2014, 09:05 AM
O yes, the eyes that melt all determination to say no.

wow, a tongue tick, or a ticked tongue.
Years ago, I used to see the the farm dogs come in covered with ticks.

Let us know how this turns out.

Pandabear
April 19th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Yes, Ty is a yellow lab. He's 8 months and about 60 pounds of goofball.

We were lucky. I found the tick as I was putting his harness on to take him to his last puppy training class. His trainer is an awesome woman and I knew she would tell me what to do. The trainer looked at Ty, called him Lunkhead then stuck her hand in his mouth and pulled off the tick. It was dead so, yay!!

I keep my three pups updated with flea and tick meds because we have so many trees on our property. This new stuff I have seems to kill ticks pretty quickly.

Ty really is a different personality from the other 2 labs I have. Much more of a stubborn handful. But so darn cute!

irishrn
April 20th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I had a yellow lab when I was raising my kids. She was Sundance and the worst chewer of all things not edible in the world! My son got a yellow, Rollie and he was the same way. But both were so lovable and smart!,
Now I have a chocolate lab, Shannon and she is showing her age at 12+ years but has a very different temperament. For her it's all about FOOD!!!! She is under foot when I'm cooking but otherwise watching the perimeter for invaders! No mailman, garbage truck or squirrel will pass undetected!!! You gotta love labs!!

Pandabear
April 20th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I had a yellow lab when I was raising my kids. She was Sundance and the worst chewer of all things not edible in the world! My son got a yellow, Rollie and he was the same way. But both were so lovable and smart!,
Now I have a chocolate lab, Shannon and she is showing her age at 12+ years but has a very different temperament. For her it's all about FOOD!!!! She is under foot when I'm cooking but otherwise watching the perimeter for invaders! No mailman, garbage truck or squirrel will pass undetected!!! You gotta love labs!!

You have just described my yellow lab and my chocolate lab. The chewer and the foodie. Phineas, our chocolate, stands at the stove when I'm cooking praying I'll drop something.