PDA

View Full Version : Good Friday

Blondie
April 18th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Baruch Hashem Adonai Elohim

Happy Day Folksies!

I have been sitting here sipping my coffee, having some quiet time this early morning. I don't have a whole lot to say - betcha can't believe that one - it's true. Some days require me to do nothing but reflect on the past, thankful for the present, hopeful for the future.

True smiles, prayers and lots of hugs to those needing some extra today. Be back Monday.

dwil23
April 18th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Good Morning and Happy Easter to all. Today is a good day for reflecting and counting our Blessings. Reminds me of the old song - "Count your Blessings, name them one by one..."

I think I will go back to bed - or at least try to. I got up to go to the bathroom about an hour ago and when I got back, DD's pittie, Chaka, had moved into my space and she wasn't moving. Maybe she's ready now.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and Easter weekend.

MomGram
April 18th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Was up with the grand daughter. Hope to be off to bed in a few. Should be able to rest some today as mom and baby are going out shopping today. Mom is feeling better and mostly healed up from the c section. Today will be the first time since baby arrived that she's going out with friends. I must say this little one has been just the most wonderful blessing. 73730

Blondie
April 18th, 2014, 07:02 AM
What a cutie. Hope that DD will enjoy time out with her friends, continues to heal nicely and that you can get some rest. Blessings to you and yours
Blondie

Bubby
April 18th, 2014, 07:16 AM
What a little doll. Her eyes are so big and beautiful!! You are blessed.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter.

Bubby
April 18th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Morning Everyone,

HAPPY EASTER. HE IS RISEN!!

EmmaB
April 18th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Definitely a good day for reflection and counting your blessings.

CountryHut
April 18th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Happy Easter everyone ..

Hubby is off to work - I'm thinking of catching a few more zzzzz'z . . went to bed early and got up waaaay to early . .
the fur babies love being out grazing in the early morning cool weather - but I had to bring them in and close off their doggie door -
we have an Owl family that's moved in n'hood - and they are huge - don't need the owl flying down and grabbing my fur babies off to never never land . .
- 73731 - Looking my George is saying ''CHEESE'' . . L*~

hmmm . .. suppose to rain today -- might put off those zzzz'z until a nap time hits me . .

well, we're off for a bit of surfing

y'all ''Make it'' a Great Day

HandsomeRyan
April 18th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Was up with the grand daughter.

I love those little baby cheeks and big bright eyes!

Cathy F
April 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Morning all
Sitting here with my coffee, all is quiet.
It's finally starting to "green up" around the yard and look like spring, although the weather is still chilly. Plants are starting to peak their heads up in the garden and the greenhouse is full with little sprouts.
My sister is down on the island today and I'm looking forward to seeing her. Our visit will be a short one as she's here on business so we won't have too much time together, but will thoroughly enjoy each minute with her!
Easter will be a quiet day just my husband and I this year so if the weather is nice we are going to throw steaks on the grill along with some veggies, will make some potato salad, and some sort of dessert for the grandkids for when they come by to pick up their gifts.
Blessings to all and extra hugs for those who need a few extra.

Madeforyouinma11
April 18th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Morning all.. Sitting here having my first cuppa. Hubby just left for work. He's doing an overtime shift today. I will be bringing my daughter to work so I can use her truck today. Going to meet up with my other daughter and Julia later. We are going to bring her to see the Easter bunny and get some pics taken. I hope she is not afraid of him...LOL
I finished her Easter basket yesterday and went out last night for the rest of what I wanted to put into it. I also bought a small baby doll and I'm making a small blanket so she can use her basket as a little baby bed after Easter. Had I thought about that before I made it, I would have made it a tad bit bigger, but it'll be fine.
Well, hope everyone has a very Happy Easter!

dhubert
April 18th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Happy Easter everyone from central Texas! Easter is my favorite holiday for what it represents. The fact that it comes in the spring is no accident. Love it - enjoy this blessed time with your family and friends!

EnumclawGramma
April 18th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Morning Everyone,

HAPPY EASTER. HE IS RISEN!!

He is risen indeed!

EnumclawGramma
April 18th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Good Morning. I'm up early, thinking how badly I would love a coffee but can't. I have a doc appt this AM and fasting for blood work. Yippee.
No Yoga today because of bad timing on my part. It's during my doc appt. I miss it. It was canceled on Wednesday, so that's an entire week. Monday I'll be banging on the door early.

It rained and the wind blew so hard last night. I loved listening to it while I fell asleep. Lots and lots of rainbow pictures from people all over the area on Facebook. I guess I should have peeked out a little earlier yesterday, I think I missed a good show.

Happy Easter to you all, have a wonderful weekend. Hugs/Prayers all 'round.

MayinJerset
April 18th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Morning all, still on my first cup of coffee and catching up with everyone's doings.

Oh, that little baby is adorable and looks so sweet, Blessings to her. What is her name?

Diane, Your fur babies are so cute hanging out by the window. Good idea to keep them from those pesky owls.

Grandmas are all busy filling Easter baskets for their grandkids - our grands are too old so I have no excuse to eat some chocolate eggs and a few jelly beans.

Monique
April 18th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Good morning friends. I got some cleaning done yesterday and then to have a little nap. When I awoke we had no hydro. It was off until 7 pm. It gave me a chance to put three laundry baskets of clothes away and do a little more picking up. Then I did a little quilting. Today I will finish up whatever needs to be done. I am having Easter lunch on Sunday and so I will cook the turkey tomorrow as I will need the oven on Sunday for dessert and homemade buns. Kids will arrive later on Saturday so I have all day tomorrow to prepare. I get to see Jersey again.

So that is what my weekend is shaping up to be. I did send a parcel to the crew in Trenton. I got the girls some clothes for Easter. And I did send Sadie a pair of rubber boots that did not fit me right. She loves both. The mini eggs were a big hit too especially with Maizyn.

Have a wonderful and safe Easter holiday friends.

Simply Quilting
April 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Good Friday!!!

The youngest and I are going to go get our haircuts today. I took the boys yesterday for theirs. It has been a busy, crazy week around here. I got called to work Monday and Tuesday, was busy on Wednesday and Thursday was park day, haircut, library booksale, and some errands. Today is laundry, pay bills, grocery shopping all hopefully before the haircuts.

We will head to my inlaws after church on Sunday. Nothing big planned just dinner. Rain is in the forecast but I'm hoping that it will hold off.

Happy Easter!!!! :)

Mpyles
April 18th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Morning all! It seems I have been struck by a cold.....and struck is the correct adjective! I woke up yesterday fine by 11 I was in bed snoozing my day if away. I am up and at them today....grudgingly so...heading to work but taking a late start. I'd really like to crawl back in bed...but do have some work at one of the locations that is all computer based so...gonna go do that and stay away from the guests.

Everyone have a great day!

kensington
April 18th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Have a wonderful Good Friday everyone. A wonderful day to reflect on what Christ did for us. That while we were yet sinners, He died for us. Giving us eternal life!

Carol336
April 18th, 2014, 11:00 AM
AMEN!!!!!!

Have a wonderful Good Friday everyone. A wonderful day to reflect on what Christ did for us. That while we were yet sinners, He died for us. Giving us eternal life!

Miss Sheri
April 18th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Good Morning One and All,
Easter is my most favorite Holy Day. My love for, and faith in my Savior is what makes my life worthwhile. It comforts, and reassures me in times of distress, and fills me with Peace and intense Joy, as I contemplate the unspeakable gifts our loving Father in Heaven has given us, even His Beloved Son. I truly Stand all Amazed!

Have a Blessed Day!
Miss Sheri

WendyI
April 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Happy Friday all. I don't celebrate Easter but hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Scott is on his way home and I have just finished my morning tea. Going to piece the backing for my sisters quilt today and see if I can start quilting it. Got up and cleaned the kitchen, mopped the main floor and removed my dogs nose art from the front door window and side lights then did some dusting and made my tea. Off to browse for a bit before sewing.

Hugs to all and special kisses to that ADORABLE wee baby girl!! I miss babies. :(

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Hello, Everyone, and a joyous Resurrection Weekend to all!
This morning I saw an amazing story online: Improbable reprieve at Iran gallows - CNN.com Video (http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/17/natpkg-ctw-iran-execution.cnn.html?hpt=hp_c3)
These people are not of my faith, but Jesus said we should ask our heavenly Father to "forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us." Seems this mom has that part down pretty good.
Love, prayers, hugs, and blessings all around!
~ Sally \0/

BellasQuilts
April 18th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Missed the morning rounds, but am here now. Busy day today for me. Working on economic development in our area with a group and it is so nice to have people all on the same page and working toward the same goals. Sweet! Fighting illiteracy, creating jobs, teaching people to expand their business through export (my part), tourism, etc. Love it! Picked up DGS at 5 and we had a great time. We read books, blew bubbles, chased each other, played blocks, etc. I love my time with him. Gave DD#2 her MuuMuu I picked up at the flea market in Palm Springs. I thought she would enjoy something cool and loose to wear this summer since she will be very preggers and round then. Counting my blessings and looking forward to watching DGS "hunt" (yes, with his little rifle) Easter eggs. Seems he's already been practicing. What can I say, he's a ranch kid. Love and hugs to all this weekend. Prayers for all that need them.