PDA

View Full Version : DH saw someone die today :( **warning a bit graphic**

WendyI
April 18th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Scott (DH) and his co-worker (P) were on their way to do an inspection at another building that they manage. The were behind a transport that was bobtailing and were in a right turn yield lane...like the ones that veer off to keep traffic flowing. Anyway, the transport driver was being careful looking in all directions when out of a parking lot to his right, a guy on a bicycle came flying out right as the driver accelerated to make his turn.

Scott heard his P say, "OMG he's going to run over that guy". When Scott looked back he couldn't understand why such a large bag of "garbage" was under the transport. His brain would not compute that it was a body and that the guy on the bike had been hit.

I won't go into the gory details, and Scott said they were gorier than any movie he has ever seen in his life. The 911 dispatcher kept insisting that P administer CPR in spite of P telling them that the guys brains were on the sidewalk beside his head and he could not find his mouth. Sorry...said I wasn't going to share the gory details but that's the least of them. Scott had gone up to his dads (about an hour and a half away from here) to spend some time alone to clear his head and think about us and our situation. I'm so sad that he had to witness something so horrifying. :( I feel bad too for the truck driver....there was no WAY he could have prevented this...the guy on the bike was 100% at fault...but still very traumatic for the driver and all concerned...not to mention the poor guy who lost his life being so careless and his poor loved ones who got the news today. Such a tragedy...and a careless one. :(

Jean Sewing Machine
April 18th, 2014, 12:44 AM
So tragic! It would really be a hard thing to have to see this happening in front of your eyes!

Miss Sheri
April 18th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Wow, I can't even imagine. . .

Judy, USMC
April 18th, 2014, 02:17 AM
wow - just WOW!

GuitarGramma
April 18th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Wendy, I feel so bad for your husband. I went through something similar last year when that murder took place within view of my bedroom window. That was bad enough, and I didn't have to see the gore that your DH did.

Your DH will need time to process this. It's so tough. For me, the whole world seemed a little unreal for awhile. And there was a sense that no one understood me for many weeks. If you can help him know you understand that he's gone through something unique and tragic, you'll help him quite a bit.

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Such a tragedy. I feel so bad for all involved. I'm sure we've all been in similar situations when someone doesn't look first but we've just been lucky to have missed hitting them. I know I have said to myself on more than one occasion, "OMG, he/she didn't even look!!!" All it takes is one very thoughtless move and life can be over in a flash. Your husband and all who witnessed this will never be able to erase that horrible experience from their minds. That in itself is a tragedy. So sorry, Wendy.

Rhonda D. Matzker
April 18th, 2014, 09:50 AM
I am so very sorry that your husband and his partner had to witness something so horrible. Encourage him to see out counseling to deal with this because I am relatively sure he will probably have some PSTD associated with such a terrible thing (same thing for P), even if it simply talking to your minister. I will keep you, your husband, P, and all involved in my prayers.

mommadeb
April 18th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Many hugs out to all of you.

Mpyles
April 18th, 2014, 09:54 AM
I didn't read it...past the cyclist part...prayers for all involved.

Monique
April 18th, 2014, 09:56 AM
WOW that is horrible. If it continues to bother him, perhaps talking to someone might be the answer. Sorry for the families involved.

Simply Quilting
April 18th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Prayers for all those involved.

JCY
April 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Very sad. One can't erase the memories. In time, they fade somewhat. Is there any chance the cyclist could have been wanting to commit suicide? We had that happen here. A depressed teen girl rode her bike out in front of a vehicle. If needed, seek some counseling to help work through this tragedy. God bless, JCY

dwil23
April 18th, 2014, 11:19 AM
How awful. Just goes to show how in an instant life can be forever changed or gone.

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Oh, Wendy, I'm so sorry! I'm praying for you, Scott, his partner, the truck driver, and the family of the cyclist. So very sad. I'm glad Scott knows he can talk to you. May God heal you all.
Hugs, ~ Sally \0/