PDA

View Full Version : Making plans for oldest DD college graduation.....

Susann
April 17th, 2014, 11:29 PM
and bawling my eyes out :icon_sniff:But, I SWEAR, I sooooo happy for her (or that's what the little voice in my head keeps telling me!) as we prepare for her to move across the country in six weeks. 1,752 miles or just 26 1/2 hours-yup, gonna be racking up frequent flyer miles:D

WendyI
April 18th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I know when my boy leaves I will be a disaster. But it's what we have to do as parents. It stinks that people have to move so far away from families just to earn a decent living. Hang in there!

Kgrammiecaz
April 18th, 2014, 12:34 AM
It is totally hard with them being so far away. But facetime really saved it for me. I talked to her so often via facetime that I always felt like she was right there. I talked and saw her more than my daughter who is only 2.5 hours away

Video has made things easier. Great for me that she felt one year away was enough and came back. She wanted to be where family was.

As long as she is happy you will do great

BTW. Congratulations to her on her graduation

kaydee
April 18th, 2014, 01:33 AM
My DD did the same thing last year -- graduated from college and moved to the west coast for grad school. Facetime, skype and a good cell phone plan have made it "easier" than I thought it would be. She calls me everyday when she is walking home at the end of her day, so we stay in touch and up to date.

Congratulations to your daughter!

Monique
April 18th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Been there, done that. It is hard, but they will come back.

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
One word, dear: SKYPE!!!
It's free, and all you need is a computer with a camera/mic set-up on the monitor, plus an Internet connection.
It's how I keep in touch with my DD and SIL in who live outside the US.
Hang in there, Mama! You raised a college graduate - be proud! :icon_tup:

Susann
April 18th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the "been there, done that" sympathy!! I know we'll get throught it. Her sophmore year she was at a German engineering school for five months so that kinda' gave us a test run. She'll be at a great company and plans on being back every few months plus we'll get to fly out, too. Have no reason to but just:icon_sniff: