PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could sew like this...

Wwena
April 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
... or at least the lace bolero I want to go with the dress!

DH, my best friend and I have been invited to go to a ball, hosted by (among others) my other best friend's husband. I haven't been to one since the last year of senior high school! The great thing is, I went to the last one with the same two girls I'm going to this one with - some 20 yrs later. How awesome is that?!? As for partner, I've upgraded since. ;)

Apparantly taffeta dresses are all the rage now and have been for the last few years. I've seen them on the young students graduating high school. Call me old school, but I prefer the classic dresses! So that's what I got! I went for a fitting today and will pick up the (somewhat altered) dress and hopefully a black lace bolero to go with it in a week or so. DH has rented a tail coat and will be verrrrrry handsome, I'm told. ;)

PS. How can you tell that's me in the pic? Look at the owls. ;)

EmmaB
April 17th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Very pretty Anna! That's a knockout dress and it looks wonderful on you.

MayinJerset
April 17th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Cool dress and you look fabulous in it! Have a great time at the Ball.

WendyI
April 17th, 2014, 03:48 PM
that dress is GORGEOUS!! And you will look stunning in it. Sounds like fun! Hope you'll share a couples pic with us on the night of the event. Have fun!

Swedish leo
April 17th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Oh that red dress is stunning.

You will have so much fun!

And you are right, a black lace bolero would be perfect to that dress.

Have fun!

GrammaBabs
April 17th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Stunning, just stunning... I made my DD's dresses for her prom years ago,,, she would desing them and I'd make them... she was not the "standard twig size" that all her friends were and so not the "pastel ruffle type".. some of the most fun I ever had... I should look up the pictures and post them.. those were some very proud Momma days for me...:)

Sharyn J
April 17th, 2014, 04:41 PM
You will definitely be the Belle of the Ball with that gorgeous dress.

Grandma G
April 17th, 2014, 05:22 PM
How beautiful - the dress and what we can see of you!!!

Wwena
April 18th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks so much! :D :0

Blondie
April 18th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Anna, what a fun time you will all have! Gorgeous dress, looks fabulous on you. Enjoy!

... or at least the lace bolero I want to go with the dress!

DH, my best friend and I have been invited to go to a ball, hosted by (among others) my other best friend's husband. I haven't been to one since the last year of senior high school! The great thing is, I went to the last one with the same two girls I'm going to this one with - some 20 yrs later. How awesome is that?!? As for partner, I've upgraded since. ;)

Apparantly taffeta dresses are all the rage now and have been for the last few years. I've seen them on the young students graduating high school. Call me old school, but I prefer the classic dresses! So that's what I got! I went for a fitting today and will pick up the (somewhat altered) dress and hopefully a black lace bolero to go with it in a week or so. DH has rented a tail coat and will be verrrrrry handsome, I'm told. ;)

PS. How can you tell that's me in the pic? Look at the owls. ;)

dwil23
April 18th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Beautiful Dress!

rebeccas-sewing
April 18th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Wow! You look dyn-o-mite! (whistling here) Yes, make sure to take lots of pictures and share some with us. Have fun.

New York Sue
April 18th, 2014, 10:14 AM
YOWZER!
You GO, girl! ;)

Miss Sheri
April 18th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Anna, WOW! gorgeous! Have a Blast!

Bubby
April 18th, 2014, 11:55 AM
What a stunning gown! Oh, to have a ball to go to again...that's dreamy and exciting.

SallyO'Sews
April 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Wow, Anna, you are sure to be the "belle of the ball"!! Hope you have a grand time.
And I'll bet you CAN sew a dress like that... All you need is a pattern and fabric! You clearly already have the talent.

BellasQuilts
April 18th, 2014, 11:16 PM
OOOh, what fun! Dress is gorgeous on you. Have a ball!