PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
April 17th, 2014, 08:36 AM

Hello Folksie,

I will make this short and sweet since I am running late late late, like the white rabbit.

Yesterday I couldn't get in and when I could I couldn't post. I am hoping that this one will. I have heard that I was not alone. My first two clients are out of town for Spring Break, so I have allowed myself a bit of sleep in. Small things make me happy.

Oh brother, do I need to go make a fresh pot of coffee. But first I will need to rinse rinse rinse the pot, filter and whatever else it comes in contact with before I take another sip. I believe I am not only living in my own little awesome bubble, I am blowing them out of my mouth. gah! Coffee and dish liquid do not go well together. I can't blame it on Luscious since I gave the stuff a good soaking last night. Wonder why he hasn't tasted the soap?

I am going to try to come and read later today; no guarantees about this weekend since we have a lot on our plate here on The Hill.

Blessings to each and every one here. Prayers, hugs and loads of smiles.

MRoy
April 17th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Good morning! I spent most of yesterday either on the road or down at the dump...literally! It was free dump day at the local trash facility and DH and I took in four loads of the last reminders (seedling trays and float-bed plastic) of when we grew tobacco. I wish I'd been able to take a load of stuff from the basement but there just wasn't time.

I think a "go-fer" trip for DH is on today's agenda. If so, I'm going to swing by KFC and pick up tonight's supper since I'm not in a cooking mood at all.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 17th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Good morning Blondie! That computer glitch had a lot of folks scrambling yesterday! You always wonder if it is your problem or a systemwide problem! From the posts about it, you certainly weren't alone!

I just cut out and started to sew a darling dress for a costume. The fabric is a soft green with polka dots, and it is a crisp tafetta. As I was sewing the bodice facing and turning it, the fabric shredded in my hands! Oh, #%*! That will never hold up! Back to square one and a trip to the fabric store to get some other fabric! Time is ticking away, I need to get this done and a few others by Saturday!

It's Holy Week, which means lots of time in church for me! Easter is finally almost here.

Have a good day!

Glendagai
April 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks jean,
I was fumbling with a formula for a jelly roll quilt cutting my own fabric and found yours:-) big help

Daytonalady
April 17th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I'm going to see Jenny today!! She is in Florida in the Daytona Beach area for weekend. Hope to meet some of you forum folks!

Monique
April 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Good morning Blondie. I had a wonderful birthday and even got to buy some fabric. A great day to spend with a friend.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
April 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Morning Everyone,

Sorry about your soap bubbles this morning, Blondie.

jean, will you be able to get multiple dresses done that quickly? I guess that's why you're the sewing machine!

I have food shopping to do today and firm up our menu for Sunday. We're sick of ham and we had turkey about two weeks ago. I'm thinking possibly Cornish games hens with rice pilaf, fresh asparagus, fruit salad and hot rolls. Lemon bars or angel food cake with strawberries sound good for dessert.

Dot woke me at before 4 this morning to go outside so I just stayed up and straightened the sewing room. We heard a crash in the night but we can't find anything that crashed.

Wishing everyone a good Thursday.

Mom23
April 17th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Good Morning All. I've been scrambling to get my house ready for company this week. I only host brunch every other year but I have house guests every year. Today I'm going to do a final cleanup of my sewing room, do the last laundry until Monday, and get some baking finished.

Next week I am babysitting all day Monday and I'm in charge of the program and some refreshments for our quilt guild. I've enlisted the help of my daughter to help wrangle a 2 year old who likes to explore. Tuesday through Friday I will be in Paducah. Are any of you going to be there? If so, maybe we could meet up. It will be my first trip and from what I've been told, I'm supposed to wear comfy shoes and bring lots of money!!

I haven't been posting much but I have been checking the site daily. I hope to get back into a routine soon.

Have a wonderful day!!

buckeyequilter
April 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM

Good morning....

Taking a vacation day today so that I can have 4 days off work. Today is Jim's birthday so I'm going to bake him a pie. I need to run to the store, straighten the house and hope to have a little sewing time.

Since I slept in I think I'd better get myself moving....have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

WendyI
April 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
morning all...Blondie sorry about your soapy coffee...yuk!

Yesterday was a nice day as I spent it at my new fav. quilt shop. Really must get the pics posted of their shop. I picked up fabric for the backing and binding of my sisters quilt, batting, 505 basting spray that cost more than gold! and thread. Also fabric to do up Liam's minecraft pillow cases and also some nice white cotton...going to try and make some cathedral throw pillows to go with my sisters quilt.

Today I am lacking in motivation and cannot find my smile. Scott is spending the night at his dads and has not really given me any answers. I don't know what our future is. I don't know what he wants. I gave him my rings back and he got angry and made me put them back on and the next day tells me he still doesn't know what he wants. So I'm living in a bit of a bubble right now. I am very lost when he is not here. Liam is having a friend for a sleep over or he is sleeping over there...they have not decided yet. Hoping they decide to stay here so I'm not alone in the house tonight. Holiday weekend but nothing going on here. My family are all far away. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be at the Doan's for dinner this weekend? SO much family.

rebeccas-sewing
April 17th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Yesterday I cleaned up the front and the back yard. I have to say I felt kinda silly sweeping the grass as opposed to cutting it. It's amazing how real that stuff looks. I've just about finished up the Star Wars quilt for my friends' son for graduation. For their other son I've got his ready to be pinned. He's about 6'5" tall so I made it really long. I hope I'm not repeating myself from yesterday. I feel like I've already said this stuff before. Anyway, life is uneventful except for dinner with the boss and his wife on Saturday. I'm a bit nervous about that.

Mpyles
April 17th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Morning everyone!! Off work today! Yay!!! Dd came home from school last night for the Easter weekend, so we will prolly hang out today...she works tonight. I sewed together some left over blocks for a lap quilt...need to sandwich and quilt today!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Miss Sheri
April 17th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Good Morning Friends,
The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the blossoms are on all the trees. I can actually see a beautiful blue sky this morning.
It has all the potential to be a great day! Wishing you and yours more of the same. Gotta run.... Sheri

EmmaB
April 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Afternoon all! I'm at work waiting for quittin time!!

DD will be on her way home this afternoon and is suppose to be having a guest over tonight. So, we will need to spruce up the house before company comes. Fun, fun. I've got to the point where I despise housework but I like a clean house. Go figure.

Our newest member, Fonzy, woke me up at around 1:30 this morning bein all rambunctious and scootin around the house. I did manage to get back to sleep and was glad of that. I can't figure out if our older cat is playing with fonzy, mothering him or being aggressive. I find him holding him down gently but firmly at times and then at lunch today Tootsie came strutting through the living room carrying Fonzy in his mouth like a mother cat would. Maybe its a little of all 3? I've been keeping my eye on them. Tonight it will be peaceful as DD will take Mr. Fonzy to her room and he will be with her all weekend.

Today is my Friday as I took tomorrow off. I'm taking the puggies to the groomer first thing in the morning so they will smell good for the Easter Bunny lol. They need it too!!! I love them with all my heart but they get smelly quick. I'm looking forward to having my car back for the weekend. Sharing a car with DD is beginning to get very old. Their groomer is closed Saturdays and Mondays. Most of the time I only have the car on Sunday & Monday morning.

Happy Day to everyone!