PDA

View Full Version : Too Pooped to Hoot

toggpine
April 16th, 2014, 01:58 AM
It has been a busy last few days. We were supposed to have a Health & Safety check done on the house today. I have gone through and purged a bunch of stuff, and cleaned up a few chronically messy spots. The Bermuda Triangle countertop near the front door was the worst!
I finally called the supervisor,and we'll be getting a new social worker in the next few days. That's good since I haven't heard a peep from this one since she dropped the boys off. I have already had a few calls from the different offices with info we really should have since I spoke with him.

I've had about 2 hours of sleep in the last two days. It's time for me to go to bed. I have no idea how many typos I have corrected in this little message, but it's appalling!

What's up in your neck of the woods?

Good night sweet quilty friends. May you all have pleasant dreams!
Cathy

bubba
April 16th, 2014, 02:04 AM
I like your title tonight! Sorry you are so tired......I have a big day tomorrow. First, I have to shave my legs! Doctor appointment in the afternoon where hopefully he will tell me he will medically retire me....that would be the best news ever! Then I get to come home and sew my block for class this week. How a month escaped me and I didn't get it done, I have no clue! Glad I figured it out on Tuesday and not on Thursday!

Rest up girlfriend!

Hulamoon
April 16th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I just cleaned today, slowly. lol I needed a new dvd player which led me to get rid of all the old electronics, adapters, cell phones. Oh my gosh!!

4 dvd players
1 playstation
2 cameras
2 cam corders
7 cell phones (all from one dd)
about 15 chargers for batteries, phones and who knows what.
A mile of cords. lol

The second Friday of the month they have a collection. I missed this month so I have to look at the pile for another month. lol

Felt good :)

bkthomas
April 16th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Cathy and Pat.....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well as a few others.......
Cathy, in case you haven't had time to read, Cyndiofthevortex has to wait till Friday to find out what will happen with C.....
we think that may turn in their favor......
Pat, sure hope you get to retire......I love not having to go to work!

bkthomas
April 16th, 2014, 02:49 AM
I just cleaned today, slowly. lol I needed a new dvd player which led me to get rid of all the old electronics, adapters, cell phones. Oh my gosh!!

4 dvd players
1 playstation
2 cameras
2 cam corders
7 cell phones (all from one dd)
about 15 chargers for batteries, phones and who knows what.
A mile of cords. lol

The second Friday of the month they have a collection. I missed this month so I have to look at the pile for another month. lol

Felt good :)

Hey Lorie, there are places that buy used cell phones....like Roxy says, GOOGLE THAT!!!!

auntiemern
April 16th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Cathy, it is so very hard at first. The stress of the entire situation is mind boggling. Believe me hun, they aren't going to be looking under your furniture for dust bunnies. The big things are...no firearms in the home, smoke detectors in every room, and just making sure it is basically a safe environment. You know...nothing that is potentially hazardous or obviously dangerous. I am sure it has got to be so much harder for you than it was me, because I was so used to having my grand kids so much any ways. I think the thing that boggled my brain more than anything was the background checks and finger printing. I mean dang, they were my grand kids that I had taken care of since they were born....and now we were being put under a microscope. I have to say though, that because of the circumstances they cut me a lot of slack when it came to dates and times to have everything done by. Just take a deep breath, have a glass of wine...(not before the social worker is coming, lol) and just try to relax. You're a mom and a grandma, and have managed just fine with those duties, and this is nothing different. Still have you in my prayers hun.

MayinJerset
April 16th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Hope Cathy and the rest are getting some much needed sleep by now. Almost 3 am and I'll be up for awhile. Woke up kind of achy but I think that's because of the damp weather we've been having. Snow on the ground was a big surprise after the beautiful warm sunshiny weekend. Hope that weather returns for Easter weekend as we're going to spend it in Mass. with DS#3 and kids.
DS#1 was over for dinner last night, he only stayed until 8 as he was tired and has a 45 min. drive home and early start of work tomorrow. Had lunch with DS#2 on Sunday and expect him over later this week or next week for dinner as his DW just left for visit their DD in New Orleans.