PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday - Happy Passover

Blondie
April 15th, 2014, 07:20 AM

Happy Tuesday Folksies! And let's not forget what a Special Week it is for so many of us. Passover, with seders being held last evening. I never get over missing my Poppa and all of his delightful traditions, the way he retold the Exodus - better than any hollywood movie - although Hallel was not disrespected. After all these years, still miss my Poppa.

For those so terribly disappointed by my jib jab that did not click yesterday - here it is. It is still not clickable to my knowledge. You have to copy and paste and it is just a short short bit of madness. Have fun making your own.

(http://www.jibjab.com/view/V8RicsfaOvmhiPkBY8TR) minus the parathesis

This goes to show that it really doesn't take much to make me laugh. Especially when I used some really un shareable and non flattering photos of myself and other family members. I just howled.

Blessings to all.

HandsomeRyan
April 15th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Howdy all.

A rainy Tuesday here. I have my annual performance review today. It is kind of a joke because I am the only "plant guy" here, my boss is just someone they assigned to me and while he is a nice guy, he knows very little about what I do or whether I do a good job at it or not. I'm not too worried, I think I'll pass just fine and since the state determines our compensation I know none of us are getting raises or cost-of-living adjustments. Oh well. Glad to have a job.

Little man had his 2 month doctors visit yesterday. He was cranky for much of the afternoon and evening but he tolerated the shots well with no spiking fevers or anything. His grandma stayed with us over the weekend so I didn't have to do much feeding or diaper changing. In addition to her 3 biological children, she has an adopted 6 year old and owns a daycare so to say she is "comfortable around babies/children" would be a gross understatement.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/41214_zpsec76b6bf.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/41214_zpsec76b6bf.jpg.html)
Here is Sawyer eating Peter Rabbit.
He is a big boy at 23.75" long (84th%) 13lbs 8.5oz (79th%) and his head is 39.5cm (64th%)

Here is the latest project...
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/IMAG0042_zpsnkwtjjp9.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/IMAG0042_zpsnkwtjjp9.jpg.html)
Does that one fabric not just make you want a slice of Wonder Bread?!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Bubby
April 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Morning Everyone.

I miss Wonder bread since Hostess went away. Ryan, Sawyer is looking mighty healthy and he's growing like a weed. It looks like he is gearing up for his first Easter!

We got snow yesterday but it didn't stick around. Our temp is 26 this morning...good old winter is back again.

Blessings all around, Barb

Madeforyouinma11
April 15th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Blondie, I love it!
Ryan, he is adorable. Getting so big! Yes, that fabric does remind me of the Wonder Bread bag...LOL
It's gonna be rainy and windy here today and it's gonna get cold with a little snow mixed in...UGH! We've had some really wonderful weather here over the weekend and now this. Hoping it's the end of the cold weather blowing it's way outta here.
Hubby is back to work today after his days off. I think I'll be doing some laundry and some cleaning today. I also need to make Julia's Easter basket, so that's my plan for today.
Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers and hugs to everyone in need.

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2014, 08:49 AM

If it's going to snow it April, it could at least snow something that looks cool. I was a few minutes late for work, I knew it had snowed but wasn't expecting 4" of wet, heavy snow on my car, I have a remote start and even running it for a while didn't get rid of the snow. Oh well it might be gone by this afternoon, at least I hope so.

Well need to get busy...have a great day! Prayers and hugs

Monique
April 15th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Good morning. Ryan, Sawyer is getting so big and what a cutie.

I did not get any quilting done yesterday. I did get to the laundry mat and washed a whole lot of sheets and blankets. They had been accumulating for a while. Brought them home to dry. We did the high temperatures yesterday and today it might snow. ??????? Crazy.

Today is quilt day for Victoria's Quilts. I think I will go today. I received a thank you card yesterday that I need to get to them and return a quilt as my friend did not want it.

I got two offers for tomorrow. Which one should I choose? The second invitation includes a stop at a quilt store. Hmmmmm. I will make my decision later today.

Well on that note, take care everybody and have a wonderful day.

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Sawyer really is a big boy and looking really cute eating Peter Rabbit.

Yes, that fabric reminds me of Wonder Bread. Growing up we liked Silvercup bread with Wonder a close second. I love the multi grain breads available now but Wonder bread always toasted up so nicely, Just loved it for our toasted tomato and lettuce sandwiches in August, who needs bacon when the Jersey tomatoes are big and juicy .

Mpyles
April 15th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Morning everyone! Chilly start to the day today! We are suppose to warm up to the 50s. Work and mail taxes is on my agenda today!
Blondie funny funny! Ryan...sawyer is a little cutie!
Everyone have a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
April 15th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I was looking at you dancing in the video, Blondie, thinking how I wish I was as flexible now as I was back a couple of decades ago. Ryan, It's a fun fabric. I wonder if the person who designed that fabric was thinking about Wonder Bread at the time it was designed? I just made a big pot of Chicken Tortilla soup. I always feel so accomplished when I've got something healthy cooking on the stove. I'm trying to work out the backing on a quilt. I have to piece it to incorporate the logo off of a few T-shirts. Not having fun with that. It continues to rain off and on here in the Netherlands. I guess I'd better get used to it.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Good morning! Blondie, your JibJab played for me and it is darling! Thanks for the laugh!

Got home from Iowa through snow showers, but the roads were just wet, not slick. It was just hard to see ahead, but luckily there weren't many cars on the road. Funny how sitting in a car for 7 hours makes you so tired.

Did you get to see the total eclipse last night? Our skies cleared and you could see it perfectly from my house. There was a bright star and the planet Mars near it. Made for great photos, but none of my cameras were up to the task! I'll just have to remember how it looked!

I gathered up some costumes last night for my costume parade for a play I'm costuming for next week. I will need to get them together by this evening, then fill in the blanks all this week and next.

Hope you all have a great day!

Ryan, Sawyer is growing like a weed! I love two months! They are still like newborns but have their own personality developing!

GrammaBabs
April 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Blondie! It opened fine!! You look beautiful,,, just the way I always picture that blue eyed face!!! Tell me true,, can anyone sit still for this song??? NOT ME... and I'm still a bit "flexible"... that's why my sewing machines are on the "other side of the ironing board"...LOL
Enjoy the Holiday ALL these next few days... we all have blessings of family, forum and fabrics!!! :)

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Good morning. No more snow here but oooooooooh it's still cold. My pretty daffs have bit the dust.

Monique - what's this about retrieving a quilt that your friend didn't want? Who doesn't want a quilt? (I can answer that question but would have to delve into unmentioned stats).

Sawyer - next thing you know he'll be treking around on his tricycle and chasing chickens.

Pot of ham and beans on for today. Yummy - maybe I'll break down and make some cornbread.

Be safe, be happy, be thankful!!

EnumclawGramma
April 15th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good Morning! I didn't even make it in here yesterday. DH took the day off for his Bday!!! And then he went to Yoga with me, which is so much fun! Everything's just more fun with my guy along with me. He's got roughly 2 years to retirement, (unless I can talk him off the ledge sooner!) and I can't wait!

We've had a stretch of really beautiful weather, and it's going to be overcast and wet for the next few. No matter, it is Spring, and this is typical. I love the sunny days though.

My time with my sister over the weekend was WONDERFUL! She decided to stay two nights instead of one! She was super comfy in our guest room so I know she'll be back soon. We didn't get any sewing done, but we sure had a good time. DH cooked for us, and she LOVED that. She's a foody just like he is so they had lots to talk about too. I've missed her so much, and now that her health is improving I'm planning on stealing her for myself a lot more often. She is the BEST therapy I could ever ask for.

Blondie I LOVED your video! You're SO energetic! Where did you learn to dance like that?! Ryan, your little man is sooooooooo precious! He's ready for a chocolate Easter bunny for sure!

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hugs/Prayers for all in need or want. You're all on my mind, I talk about you like family to any here who'll listen! Smile, and give a random hug today. It'll make you feel good!

LynneLeavell
April 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Blondie I loved the JibJab. My daughter did one for me at Christmas with her two boys and it was so cute. I still have it saved in my emails and every time I need a laugh I just pull it up and look at it.

Ryan we do have Wonder bread back on the shelves here in Georgia. Sawyer is growing so fast. Cherish the moments. My oldest Grandson turns 6 today, my daughter and I were looking at some of his baby pictures last night and I almost started crying. He is growing up so fast.

We have rain and cold most of the day today. So prayers going out to those who need it and to those who don't.

EmmaB
April 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Another day another dollar!!! Good morning folks

Glad to see all the posts this morning. Especially glad to see your posts Sandy. You’ve been missed and I hope things are going better for you. So sorry for those of you who awoke to snow. It was cold here but thankfully not a snowflake to be seen. Glad you got home safely Jean.
Not much goin on with me today but my day started with coffee and a picture of Sawyer chowin down on a bunny ear and not to mention watchin Blondie bust some moves. Thanks for the smiles you caused. And Oooooo May! Nothing better than a big thick juicy slice of tomato between two pieces of good bread with a smear of miracle whip!!! I can just taste it. Speakin of bread.....has anyone noticed the bread lasting longer without getting moldy? Kinda creepy if you ask me.

DD is getting a rude awakening on having a pet. She called the vet this morning and found out how much vaccinations, etc are for her Fonzy. I love the little stink but told her before she got him that she will have to bear the expenses of having him. We’ll see what happens.

Hoping to get some sewing done when I get home this afternoon. That quilt’s not going to put itself together. The house and yard just refuse to maintain themselves for Pete’s sake! Wish I were Samantha from Bewitched and could twich my nose. (sat here looking at the word twich that’s not how you spell that is it? LOL)

Thanks for keeping company throughout my work day folks. I’ll be lurkin around as usual.

MRoy
April 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Blondie, I loved the video! Ryan, Sawyer is growing like a weed and he's a real cutie. I learned how to make the traditional Cathedral Window quilt block last night at guild...it's a pretty block but that will probably be the first and last time I make it. It's cold here. We've had snow this morning and it was sleeting a few minutes ago. Lovely April weather.

I'm going to finish hand-sewing the binding on the baby quilt today then start on another project. I haven't quilted the Love Shack wall hanging yet, so that will probably be next. Wishing all an extra good day!

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Hoping to get some sewing done when I get home this afternoon. That quilt’s not going to put itself together. The house and yard just refuse to maintain themselves for Pete’s sake! Wish I were Samantha from Bewitched and could twich my nose. (sat here looking at the word twich that’s not how you spell that is it? LOL)

Thanks for keeping company throughout my work day folks. I’ll be lurkin around as usual.

LOL.....does this look like what you're thinking of "twitch"

Now twitch that nose and get to quilting :)

EmmaB
April 15th, 2014, 12:35 PM
LOL.....does this look like what you're thinking of "twitch"

Now twitch that nose and get to quilting :)

LOL That looks a lot better!!!!

toggpine
April 15th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Morning!
I have a full day ahead. I have to get to the fingerprint appointment, then stop & pick up milk.
We are supposed to have a home visit today from the CPS social worker. I haven't heard from her since she left the boys with us last Thursday.
Then their momma is supposed to come for a visit this afternoon. That didn't end real well last time she was here. It has to be very confusing for them.
Well I had better get this three ring circus on the road!
Take care! Cathy