PDA

View Full Version : A few rough weeks but bouncing back now!

Divine Daisy
April 15th, 2014, 06:34 AM
What a time we have had in Daisy world! Mr Daisy is on warpheren..? spelling! His heart was damaged by his Chemo and radiation treatment and he now has to have an operation. Meantime he is going around claiming he can't do......this...or that.....because he has a 'poorly heart'! Rolls eyes, the man is a nut. Anyway he is now on a humongous amount of this drug and his blood hasn't thinned at all! He can't have the op until it has thinned.

Meantime, I have been in hospital. Has been rough but I am out now and feeling a bit better.

Then............ yesterday I had to take my old boy Boris to be put to sleep. He was the biggest, sweetest and most gentle Maine Coon and we will miss him loads, but he is out of pain now and that is what is important.

So now it is mid April, the sun is out and the daffodils are everywhere. England is pretty again and the wind hasn't blown the blossom off my damson tree for the first time in about 5 years. I have some lovely new fabric, good friends, a great....if slightly crazy husband and I still have two lovely cats. Life is back on track again.

So long Boris old friend. I am sure you will make sure that St Peter feeds you at EXACTLY 5 o'clock!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 15th, 2014, 06:40 AM
So sorry to hear about your many woes! My husband had to take warfarin, I hate that drug because it is so hard to regulate how much to take for the right dose. And I hope you are feeling better. So sorry to hear about the loss of your fur baby Boris. My boy is going on 18, that sad day will be facing me soon, although my baby seems to be in decent health. Thanks for the update on what has been going on in your world. I hope Stewart gets through the heart operation OK, scary thing, heart operations!

Mimis-quilts
April 15th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Daisy, so sorry to hear that your hubby is having a rough time. A lot of patients that have cancer end up on warfarin because they are more susceptible to blood clots. Hope things settle down for the two of you. Also, sorry for the loss of your furry friend. We had 2 German shepherds, we had to put Sheba down in November last year and then Sam developed congestive heart failure in December and we had to put him down too. They were 13 years old. Hardest thing I've ever had to do. Still missing them.
Hang tough...

bonniebella
April 15th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Oh Daisy, sorry to hear about your fur baby Boris. So hard to make that decision for our ailing friends. Big hugs.
I hope Mr Daisy is feelin on top of things soon.
Meanwhile I wish for your speedy recovery.

Madeforyouinma11
April 15th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Daisy, so sorry you're going through all of this. Will be praying for you and Stewart. Sorry to hear about Boris. So hard letting go of our furry friends.
Hugs to both of you.

MayinJerset
April 15th, 2014, 08:35 AM
So sorry to hear that Daisy World has been quite Upsee Daisy for awhile. Glad you're feeling better, you need all your strength to deal with a man with a poorly heart. 73452

K. McEuen
April 15th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Boris and Spike, my old man Weiner dog can have dinner together now. Lost Spike last week. Believe me, when 5 pm rolls around and that dog didn't have his dinner he would be growling and barking to let someone know. I hope everything works out for you and Mr. D. I have a friend of that was on hearts meds for 5 years after her breast cancer treatments.

Monique
April 15th, 2014, 09:00 AM
It is always good to hear from you Daisy. Sorry to hear you were in hospital but glad you feeling better. I also hope Stewart gets better so he can have his operation. Prayers going out to both of you. Sorry about your cat, he was sure lucky to have you as owners.

Take care.

Bubby
April 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your Hubby and Boris not to mention yourself...that's a lot on one plate, Daisy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

rebeccas-sewing
April 15th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Goodness, Daisy! I was wondering about you. I hadn't heard back from you with a tracking number or any word from you about shipment of the quilts, and I began to worry that something was wrong. I guess I had good reason to be concerned. Sorry to hear you two have been having such a time of it. Having to put one of your babies to sleep on top of everything else... The old saying "adding insult to injury" seems to apply. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that Stewart's blood thinning happens soon so he can have his operation. You both are such troopers. Thinking about you and a big howdy to Mr. D. Let him know we're hoping for things to improve with this blood issue so he can have the necessary surgery. Please keep us abreast of the situation.

Sandy Navas
April 15th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Sending you lots of hugs and a whole barrel of love - and another one for Mr. D. You take care of yourself and he'll take care of you. Remember Boris knows where to get his meals - he's missing you, too!!

Hugs!!

MRoy
April 15th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Sorry that you've been through a rough patch lately and glad things are some better. My DH has to take warfarin for a genetic disorder that causes his blood to clot when it shouldn't. Luckily, his dose has been regulated for quite a while. I hope Mr. D's dosage gets straightened out so it does what it's supposed to for him too. I'm sorry about your fur-baby.

auntiemern
April 15th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Daisy, so sorry you all are going through such a rough time. It is so very hard to lose a fur baby. Praying that you and Mr. Daisy get your medical issues at least comfortable for both of you. It is certainly no fun feeling so poorly all the time. Hugs and love to both of you.

WendyI
April 15th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Well sure has been a lot going on with you and none of it great by the sounds of it! You do sound well in spite of it all though so I'm relieved to see that. So sorry about your furkid....so very hard to let them go. Wishing you both a speedy recovery!! xoxo

quiltingtrish
April 15th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Aww Daisy, I am sorry to hear all that has happened. Prayers coming for all of you and also so sorry to hear about Boris. He surely knew what family to choose for his life here on earth.

Hugs,

ilive2craft2
April 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Sounds like Daisy world needs a vacation! Hoping Mr. Daisy's blood levels settle down so that he can get his operation soon. Glad you are out of the hospital. So sorry about your poor kitty, but I think he picked a good family and had a good life with lots of love. Losing one of your fur babies is stressful on top of everything else. Hugs, Lisa

easyquilts
April 15th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Daisy.... I am so sorry you have had such a rough time of it... I'm really glad to hear that you are feeling better.

It's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet.... I'm so sorry about your Boris... I know it was a hard decision to make.

I hope you continue to feel better, and that your husband is able to have his surgery soon..

Ginny B
April 15th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Daisy, so sorry to hear about all you and Mr. D have been having to deal with. My dh is on coumadin and I know it can be rough to get it just right. We have been in a good place for a while now but when it gets out of whack, it's hard to get it back into whack. Let's hope it gets stabilized soon so he can get the surgery he needs.

Sorry about Boris :( That is so hard. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Sorry you were in the hospital too. Glad you are out and hope you are feeling much better and that things will stop raining down on your head. Take care of yourselves.

dwil23
April 16th, 2014, 01:21 AM
So sorry to hear about Boris as well as your other troubles.

(((HUGS)))

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you, Ms. Daisy, for the update. Please don't overdo, as we don't want you to develop a "poorly heart"!

Reading about Mr. D not wanting to do things reminded me of a book my niece sent me when I was on chemo several years ago: it was titled "I'd Rather Have Chemo than Clean Out the Garage" and was a very humorous look at life with cancer treatments. When I had finished reading it, I brought it to the cancer center where I was being treated so other patients could get a chuckle, too.

Keeping you in prayer!

meemeecyn
April 16th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Think of you and Mr D often, Allison. Prayers being sent to you both now, too.
Cynthia

Genny
April 16th, 2014, 02:15 PM
What a time we have had in Daisy world! Mr Daisy is on warpheren..? spelling! His heart was damaged by his Chemo and radiation treatment and he now has to have an operation. Meantime he is going around claiming he can't do......this...or that.....because he has a 'poorly heart'! Rolls eyes, the man is a nut. Anyway he is now on a humongous amount of this drug and his blood hasn't thinned at all! He can't have the op until it has thinned.

Meantime, I have been in hospital. Has been rough but I am out now and feeling a bit better.

Then............ yesterday I had to take my old boy Boris to be put to sleep. He was the biggest, sweetest and most gentle Maine Coon and we will miss him loads, but he is out of pain now and that is what is important.

So now it is mid April, the sun is out and the daffodils are everywhere. England is pretty again and the wind hasn't blown the blossom off my damson tree for the first time in about 5 years. I have some lovely new fabric, good friends, a great....if slightly crazy husband and I still have two lovely cats. Life is back on track again.

So long Boris old friend. I am sure you will make sure that St Peter feeds you at EXACTLY 5 o'clock!

You and your dh have been thru so much and I hope and pray that you'll both be feeling better real soon. Hugs...Genny

Wwena
April 16th, 2014, 03:56 PM
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with both illness(es) and losing a beloved pet! I do love your attitude though, so so much. <3 :)