PDA

View Full Version : It a beautiful morning!

Blondie
June 4th, 2011, 07:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/grc.gif

Both Luscious and I had a interesting night. We were both sound asleep when something bit him. He jumped up saying "ouch ow! What is it, Where is it?" After he pulled me off the ceiling fan, I saw something fly behind the curtain. It was a big black hornet. Took some doing to catch and kill it. Poor Luscious has a big whelp on his upper chest and his hand which took the worst of it is quite swollen. I went out in the middle of the night to get some benadryl since we were out. Good grief! Ah yes, summertime and the bugs are already busy!

NM Lady, how far are you from the fires? Sure praying you are safe.

Jan, I am missing you here - what's up doc? Let laura and Gina know we are thinking of them as well.

What's the scoop for the weekend, ladies? I am praying for a wee bit of rain, just so I can have an excuse to sit and really sew a bit. I need to get a few blocks finished. And I have several halfway completed to finish.

Have a GREAT day Ladies!

Lola2Ace
June 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Holy Cow! Blondie....that is just about my worst nightmare come true! After my wasp episode years ago, I am terrified of all the winged/stinger creeps. Keep the benadryl in him and watch him close today, 2 stings are not good. I am trying to pick out fabrics to make a reversible dress for a great niece that is turning 1. Party is tomorrow and I just NOW decide that I want to make a dress??!!LOL LOL Anyway it's a very simple pattern, the only clothing type I can handle, and I am hoping to get a little stuffed bunny made with a matching dress too. We shall see how it all goes. I am supposed to mow again for DH as he is going to be with oldest DD again this weekend, but this sewing takes precedence today. I am going to fit a quick trip to town to the LQS that is closing, this is their last week to be open and I want to see what she has left. Off and running...........

janluna
June 4th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Blondie and Lola. I have not been on much I know. Nothing is wrong. I just heard from Gina on Thursday and she said to tell everyone hello, and she is doing better. She goes to her Mom's today to stay for a while and get her feet back under her. All the stuff she has been through since her husbands death just caught up with her and she needs Mom and family right now. She will be back on as soon as she gets her life straightened out. She sends her love and thanks those who have been praying for her.
I haven't heard from Laura recently. She is busy with her girls and her couponing that she and a friend have started up. They teach people how to use their coupons smartly. She was doing pretty good but like I said I haven't been in contact with her. I'll try and call her today and let you know how she is.
As for me, I have been struggling with day to day chores, like mopping, and cleaning. I seem to make bigger messes than I had in the first place. I get to hauling out a cupboard or closet and my back or breathing gives up and I have to stop. I am really getting frustrated with myself. We can't afford to hire help and wouldn't know where to look for any if we could. So I keep on keeping on.
I need a back hoe and a dump truck! lol Just put a dumpster under a window and start hoeing out. I go to the Dr. on the 13th and maybe he can change my breathing meds to something better. The burning pain I was having in my back and legs is better as they changed those meds. The trouble is if I take them and try to do stuff they wear off quicker. If I don't do anything they work great. It's driving me nuts! My idea was get something that would allow me to work! But at least the burning is not so bad now. I am happy about that cause nothing touched it in the past. Now if I could just get the muscle spasms under control I'd be in great shape. The new thing is I'm not just getting them in my back. I've had them where there is a ridge in my forearm, or ankle, or up higher on my back and it wraps around me and cuts off my breathing. Feels like someone has me in a bear hug and my ribs are crushing in. Not pleasant. Sorry to complain so much.
I love and miss everyone on MSQC. I have been trying to piece some quilts too. I can only sit so long and have to move, so that is slowing me down too! grr
Love you all and have a great day. Hugs, Jan
P.S. Watch out for those hornets they are nasty little buggers. We get them too, along with yellow jackets and wasps.

janluna
June 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Have you heard from Shauna (Sally) lately? Or Texsam or Bridgett?

SuzyQue
June 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Beautiful sunny day here.....to be hot, hot, hot this afternoon. They are predicting it to feel like 98 degrees with the humidity! Off to plant some pots for the porch, then put up the pool. It was such a cool and wet spring, these things got pushed off....but summer is here now!!!

Blondie---do watch husband for reactions to those stings! Dastardly buggers!
Lola----you sew like I do.....making decisions and making things at the last minute! I hate the stress, but it usually works! Good luck!
Jan---hopefully they will get the meds right soon...in the meantime remember, slow and steady wins the race....I have to keep reminding myself of that sometimes, too!!! Pain is an exhausting thing!
Have a lovely summer day, ladies. Go do what makes your heart sing. SuzyQue

Lola2Ace
June 4th, 2011, 12:41 PM
SuzyQue, I've been trying to change my ways....and I really wasn't planning on making the dress, but it was a 'brilliant??' idea when I woke up this morning. LOL Just taking a tiny break here. I have decided to make a simple little reversible A-line, so it's 2 dresses in 1.
All pieces are cut out, pressed and I am getting ready to embroider her initial on the plainer side of it, I have cut the binding pieces for the baby coins quilt (only because the fabric was pressed and on the cutting board in the way of dress making) and the 'furry' fabric is unearthed from the storage tub and I'll cut the bunny while the embroidery is running. I am truly missing the machine that's at the 'spa', but I will make it all work out. Back to the fun!

Monique
June 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Good day everyone.

Blondie, sorry to hear about your husband. Hopefully he doesn't get a severe reaction to the bites.

Lola, I am certain she will so cute in her new dress, pretty lucky little girl.

Jan, if I were closer I would love to be able to help you out. Here's wishing you good health.

Well, it has been one week since the wedding. This week has been nuts. On a good note, I am now officially off the cancer pills. Everything is excellent. He also took me off the calcium pills because they pose a heart attack risk so I have to get my calcium the natural way.

Tonight I walk all night in the Relay for Life. It is an all-night walk to raise money for cancer research. I will also do the survivor walk and my big brother is walking with me for support this year. So nice.

Maybe next week I will be able to find time to get back to my quilting.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Monique

bakermom
June 4th, 2011, 03:05 PM
spent the morning sewing while DH was out. now i'm getting ready to babysit GD for a while. It's a beautiful day so i see a lot of outdoor fun with someone little in my future.

Blondie
June 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/10p5y0n1.gif

Hi ladies

Just getting in from work - pleasant enough day, with good clients. Fun cuts and a few colors.

Lola, Hubs is okay from the stings so far. Just still a wee bit swollen and te I told him now that I was home, I would baby him. LOL. He is too stinking adorable for me to not love and spoil. After all, he does the same for me, so very well.nder. When he first jumped up last night saying ow, etc. and something bit him, my first thought was SPIDER. I am so scared of them, that is my biggest fear. Thankfully we were able to see it fly off and finally kill that monster. I declare without any exaggeration, that thing was a long as my thumb!! My Daddy was and Sis is, extremely allergic to insect stings. Daddy kept an epi pen on him for years. I keep telling Sis she needs to get one and keep.

Jan, I am so glad to hear of Gina. Grief and the life altering changes in one so very young is underestimated. We seem to expect that folks should just bounce back. I admire Gina for recognizing her need as a valid reason to get the extra TLC she needs. The same for Abbey. Gina is stronger than she may realize, for sure, but oh how my heart goes out to her. Glad to know that Laura is staying active! She is a special girl. Now for you, Ms. Luna! Sounds to me like you know yourself well enough when to stop. When you are done with the back hoe and dump truck, I will make good use of it as well. I have mounds of stuff ready to go to the Salvation Army or Community Thrift. Mom thinks I should have a yard sale but I would just as soon donate. Easier for me and good for them, hehehe.

Suzyque, Monique, Bakermom and everyone else - Enjoy what's left of the day. Since it is Saturday, I may try to lie down for a quick nap. Mom is with the church today, on a trip to Charlotte area for the Billy Graham Library. I am hoping that she enjoys herself immensely.

Later, girlfriends!

janluna
June 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I know when I should quit but I'm stupid and push it to try and get done. It's not working out well. So my house is a mess. And it bothers me no end. Love you Blondie. And thank you Monique. Sounds like you have been through more than me. Take care of you.
Blondie I hope LL feels better quick. Those nasty bites hurt.
Gina called about 8:30 p.m. and let me know she made it to her Mom's ok. She had a good trip and has appointments set up with Doc already. She said she feels better just being home with Mama. I'm so proud of her. She is stronger than she knows and she is doing all the right things. She has been very brave for all she has been through.
Well ladies I am going to bed. I am beat tonight for no good reason. Love to all of you and prayers too. Hugs, Jan

toggpine
June 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Good night ladies!
It was a busy day. I'll catch up with you tomorrow!
Hugs, Cathy