PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes people just confuse me

WendyI
April 14th, 2014, 11:32 AM
so they were forecasting wicked winds for today...40 kms/hr gusting up to 60! And today is garbage day. WHY do people put their recycling out on days that are forecast to be that windy? Seriously, do you have THAT much that it can't wait one more week? My street looks like a dump! There is NEVER garbage on my street.

I feel bad for my one neighbor across the street because their recycling bins are sitting there nice and full but their neighbor two houses up...well their recycling bins tipped over and all their recycling is in the guys yard across the street. Just look at the mess they will have to clean up! So rude!

73350 73351

WendyI
April 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
It's actually kind of creepy...my house is shaking! :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

EmmaB
April 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Yuck!! My next door neighbors street keep their yard trashed up all the time and the people across the street don't use trash bags and just t dump their loose trash into their can. I'm forever picking up trash here and there that have made its way into my yard. Very annoying. CLEAN IT UP PEOPLE!!!

buckeyequilter
April 14th, 2014, 11:42 AM
We've been having wind and rain here this morning. It was 80 yesterday and supposed to be 36 tomorrow with snow.

Maybe the wind will shift and blow the garbage back into the yard it came from LOL

Genny
April 14th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Last week on garbage pickup day our neighbors up the street put their garbage out too...in bags on the lawn or in garbage cans without lids. The winds were gusting up to 45mph and the streets was full of garbage bags and even garbage from the bags that had been ripped open by the wind. We keep ours in covered garbage cans that we can hook to a small post by our driveway and we've never had a problem with our garbage being in the street...just takes a little common sense.

Vonnie
April 14th, 2014, 12:52 PM
We have a big nice garbage can with a lid and wheels that the garbage company supplies. It makes it easier for them to see who their customers are. There have been times when we have not put our recycle out because of the weather. I wish they would give us nice bins with lids. I put as much as I can into plastic bags. We are suppose to have it loose but I told my husband the recycle people are not out here picking up all the stray stuff. It's easier to pick up one large bag then a bunch of bottles.

alliek
April 14th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Oh Wendy, I hope the winds calm down, that is scary! Some people don't think, or don't listen to the weather report. Very frustrating. I hope they realize it's their mess and help clean it all up. Be safe.

EmmaB
April 15th, 2014, 04:11 PM
All this talk about trash yesterday and what do I do?.....I forgot to put my trash out for this morning's pick up!! <<<sigh>>> It's not to full so I think I will be okay until next Tuesday but BUMMER!

cyndiofthevortex
April 15th, 2014, 04:37 PM
That trash is horrible. I'd be so discouraged and angry if that was my yard!

We moved to a small town 6 years ago and we go to the dump instead of having curbside pick-up. It's like the social event of the week to show up on a Saturday morning! We always see neighbors and friends there. I think it's a riot that the dump is the hub of the town.

The only thing we have that blows into our neighbor's yards is our balls. We keep a number of them in the yard for all the kids to play with and they blow or roll down the street to the two houses where there are no kids. Every time I pull into the driveway I automatically check their yards to see if there's a beach or basket ball that's rolled down there. They never complain, so that's nice.

RiverMomm
April 15th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Gee thanks, Wendy. I have your winds today. Good thing recycling is tomorrow.

And, sometimes folks are on auto pilot and don't think about what they are doing. Monday: work, school, garbage day- with no thoughts of the weather report. Hopefully, next time they will pay attention to the weather report (we can hope, anyway)