PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hey it's Monday!

Blondie
April 14th, 2014, 06:42 AM

Happy Monday Folksies

I love to laugh. You're not surprised are you? I love to sing, although I can't carry a tune in a tin bucket. I love to whistle although you really wouldn't want to be within ear shot as the only living creatures that appreciate my squeaky noise are my sister's cockatiels. I also enjoy dancing but since I can't do that either, I just tap my feet, while singing, laughing or whistling.

But laughing is always fun. And besides it is good for you. Peoples laughter has always intriqued me. I read one time that how people sneeze are in their genetics. That they can't help how they sneeze. Wonder if that is the same with laughter? I would hate to go through life with really horrid laughter. For example, when I was a younger gal and in college, I dated this very handsome and tall exchange student from Japan. His name was Takashi Doy, but I always called him Ted. He worked at one of those Japanese Steak Houses - and was quite handy with those flashing ginsu knives. I adored the fact that he was a good cook. I even learned some fairly decent Japanese language while immersed in that culture (my roomie was a girl from Japan too). All was quite nice in paradise - a tall handsome fella who could cook until I heard his laugh. Oy. I wish I could describe to you his laughter. It was loud, almost a bray but LOUD. And embarrassing. I wanted to hide under a table with a floor length cloth whenever we were out in public - as since he was such a happy person, he would laugh quite often. Naturally I would laugh too but often more at his laugh than what he was laughing about. So, I wonder if we have a genetic marker for goofy laughs.

Today I need to finish up the laundry and get it hung out before the showers arrive. Our dryer finally bit the dust after 20 years. And it was a used one when I got it. Not sure how old it is but it's been a good one. I am fine without a dryer in the spring, summer and even early fall. It is those really cold days that I just can't air dry. Does anything smell better than lined dried clothes, sheets and towels? mmmmm.

Have a wonderful day folksies. If you can't laugh, I hope you can find a smile.

http://youtu.be/BvAGNSJ7Wrc

dwil23
April 14th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Good Morning!

Blondie, I just can't do without my dryer. I don't want to hang clothes out and then go back and get them. Call me lazy. To me the towels and sheets are scratchy when they are line dried. Maybe it's just me. Now I do hang my jeans to dry in the house - but that's because if I throw them in the dryer, they just don't zip up when I put them on.:0

My 3 youngest pulled the carpet and tack strip out of the family room, dining room and hall. I am seeing an interesting flooring under the living room carpet, so if it's in good condition - we may not cover it up with laminate. I just want to get it all done. I did get DD to help me turn over a bin that had fallen and realized it is the one that holds my Fenton Glass collection. I just did not have the heart to open it and see if it survived. I will be sad if it is broken - I inherited most of it from my aunt.

Hope everyone has a great day - remembering those in prayer who need them - and don't we all?

Monique
April 14th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Good morning friends. Well what a weekend. Perhaps as most have read, my son was on his way home on Friday when he was involved in an accident. Thankfully no one was injured but his car sustained major damage. Saturday night we attended a birthday/retirement party for my sister-in-law. It was a good party. Yesterday we took Greg back home about an eight hour drive round trip. It was a good day for a drive.

Last night we had thunder storms and there were a couple of big boomers that just scared the crap out of me. The skies opened up for a brief period too. I hate being wakened up by thunder storms. This one is our first of the season. There isn't much snow left on the ground. Today our temperatures are expected to reach 24C, which is 72F and perhaps some snow tomorrow???????????????? Impossible to believe.

Today I need to go the bank and pay for my driver's license as that is what my hubby will do for my birthday. It was my idea as I really don't need 'stuff'. A new ironing board cover and driver's license. What else does a girl need? LOL!!

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
April 14th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Morning Everyone,

A copperhead snake cured me of hanging clothes outdoors. I left my laundry basket turned upside on the ground by the clothesline and when I picked it up a nasty copperhead was ready to strike at me. Maybe if my lines were on a roof top I could hang things outside again. I do love the way everything smells dried outside. I drape small rugs over our patio chairs to dry them.

We got a horrific storm last night but as far as I know the hail missed us. It's still raining this morning.

I hope everyone has a great Monday. My prayers are with Sandy and Annika and her girls.

rebeccas-sewing
April 14th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun! Seems to be quite common in the Netherlands. Needless to say the flowers and plants are quite lush here. I Just put together some lentil walnut burgers. I hope they'll be good. First time trying this recipe. I'm always looking for good vegetarian recipes since we've cut way back on our meat consumption. A friend posted a picture of what they do to baby calves to make veal. I was so upset by this I couldn't get it our of my mind all day. Even choked up a few times thinking about it. I don't understand how this can be allowed as I think it is cruelty to animals. I will never eat veal again.

GrammaBabs
April 14th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Good morning all...today it's off to the RA doctor,,, there is a possibility he's going to take me off my "strong" drug,, I'm torn,,, would like to kick it, but I haven't had a "flare" for over 3 yrs with it,, so it's a bit scary for me... that pain is something I don't miss.. I am blessed to be this lucky taking it, but we shall see,,, I love this guy and trust him.. so i'll take his advice... DH goes with me and sits with us,, he's the guy that makes sure I "take everything" in a timely manner.. it's going to be a day of errands etc...being retired does have it's perks...it's like "driving Miss Daisy"... LOL
On the "happy laughing" note,,, I was driving to quilting one morning and heard this song call "Happy" by Pharrel Williams (I think that's his name),, it's become huge and anyone who listens will understand why....if I could post it I would,, but a encourage anyone who wants to smile and get toe tapping (or in my case become a dancing fool, cause' that's me).. find it and listen....:)

Mpyles
April 14th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Good morning! Another day another dollar! It s cold here this morning...suppose to be a chilly day.... Off to work I go! Everyone have a great day!

MRoy
April 14th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Good morning! It's warm, windy, and rainy here. We're supposed to have colder weather the next two days, and could have some snow showers tomorrow morning. If this is redbud, dogwood, or one of the other mini winters, it could be a doozy. Quilt guild meets tonight with sit and sew time beforehand. I'm taking hand sewing as I need to finish the binding on a baby quilt. Our lesson is going to be how to make the cathedral windows block.

Wishing all a great Monday. If you're having storms, please stay safe.

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Such a nice day to hang clothes outdoors as the sun is shining and there is a soft breeze but I don't do that any longer as I can't carry the laundry basket to the outdoor umbrella clothes hanger thingy that's in the side yard. I still dry some things outdoors, all the quilts and comforters used this Winter will be drying on the deck railing before they are put away, also dry throw rugs and DH's heavy jeans and overalls that way.

Making it short and sweet this morning as I need to take a photo of my quilt show quilt, attach it to the quilt show registration form and get that into today's mail as the dealine is Wednesday. Quilt Take In isn't until mid May but the show committee needs the registration forms now so they will know how many quilts will be entered, their category and size so they can begin planning the hanging diagram for the quilts. Our show is in the historic Park where we hold our meetings and workshops and the quilts will be displayed in 4 buildings, The Recreation Center (main building), The Annex (a small ranch house), The Barn (a 1770's barn) and The Murray House (a partially restored 1770's colonial house). We always pray for warm sunny days for the show so people can walk around to each of the buildings. Over the years I've helped out during the show in various capacities and this year I'll work at the admissions table.

aliaslaceygreen
April 14th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Happy Monday! Not only is the sun shining, I have the day off, a sweet sleeping Laylabug in the other room, AND it is my baby girl's 30th birthday today!!!

Of course, it IS also turning yellow outside and my eyes are just absolutely sore and itching... .but....

Happy Monday!

aliaslaceygreen
April 14th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Good morning all...today it's off to the RA doctor,,, there is a possibility he's going to take me off my "strong" drug,, I'm torn,,, would like to kick it, but I haven't had a "flare" for over 3 yrs with it,, so it's a bit scary for me... that pain is something I don't miss.. I am blessed to be this lucky taking it, but we shall see,,, I love this guy and trust him.. so i'll take his advice... DH goes with me and sits with us,, he's the guy that makes sure I "take everything" in a timely manner.. it's going to be a day of errands etc...being retired does have it's perks...it's like "driving Miss Daisy"... LOL
On the "happy laughing" note,,, I was driving to quilting one morning and heard this song call "Happy" by Pharrel Williams (I think that's his name),, it's become huge and anyone who listens will understand why....if I could post it I would,, but a encourage anyone who wants to smile and get toe tapping (or in my case become a dancing fool, cause' that's me).. find it and listen....:)

Good luck at the Dr.... HAPPY is a fantastic song! I am planning out a video slideshow using it....

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2014, 10:20 AM
IT AIN'T NICE TO FOOL WITH MOTHER NATURE!!!

Saturday it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit here!! We have flowers all over the place. The sun was shining, a few giant fluffy clouds, and the bluest sky ever! A near perfect day.

This is what I see this morning!

May your day be filled with sunshine and flowers.

Oh, and quit messing with Mother Nature, okay. She's quite vengeful.

Genny
April 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM
IT AIN'T NICE TO FOOL WITH MOTHER NATURE!!!

Saturday it was 84 degrees Fahrenheit here!! We have flowers all over the place. The sun was shining, a few giant fluffy clouds, and the bluest sky ever! A near perfect day.

This is what I see this morning!

May your day be filled with sunshine and flowers.

Oh, and quit messing with Mother Nature, okay. She's quite vengeful.

Sorry Sandy but I think shes just BAD to the core...lol...

buckeyequilter
April 14th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning....

We've got some rain and wind going on right now and we're supposed to get some snow overnight, 1 - 3", so it will probably melt on contact (at least I hope so). I need to go out and take a picture of my daffodils when I get home in case the cold weather gets them.

I'm working on the binding on 2 quilts and the hand stitching is taking forever. So yesterday I thought I'd see if I could work with the Jenny's HST tutorial....here are my results:

I will be putting this away until I'm finished binding the two quilts and then I'll finish this one up.

I don't hang clothes out because I still have to bring them in and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes to fluff them. The towels are stiff and scratchy and jeans...ugggh. The only thing I like to hang outside are the sheets.

Sandy, it's nice to see you posting again.....but keep your snow there please.

Well need to get back to it...prayers and hugs. Have a wonderful day.

WendyI
April 14th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Blondie...upbeat and happy as usual. If only we could bottle you up and share you around so the rest of us could share in your "Happy". Speaking of..GmaBabs, here is the video of "Happy"...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM quite a catchy wee tune. If only the world could be so happy!

May...are you going to share pics of your Quilt Show quilt for those of us who can't go???

Shirley that is such a pretty quilt! So bright and fun!

My doctor has put me off work for a minimum of three weeks. My concentration is so very bad right now I couldn't function there anyway. I'm trying to quilt my sisters wedding quilt and yesterday sewed it all together but did not read through all of the sashing directions so I put it all together but don't have any sashing on the left side or top so today I will be frogging. Interestingly enough I don't mind that. I just put something on the tube and frog away.

It's horrid weather here today. POURING rain and so windy. Yesterday was brutally humid...had all the windows on an my house just went damp and hot. Yuk. So I may just curl up in bed with a movie and frog.

Madeforyouinma11
April 14th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Morning everyone! Love to laugh and I love to listen to other people laugh..always makes me laugh more.
I used to hang my clothes outside, but I do t have a line anymore. I love hanging my sheets outside...mmmm makes them smell so good.
Today is going to be 70, but will be cloudy. I'll take it. If it's not snow or bitter cold, I'm good.
We did a lot of work in the yard over the weekend. Still have lots to do, but it's getting there. I did get some sewing in. Working on my blocks for the hunters star swap. Today will be laundry and more sewing.
Hope everyone has a great day. Prayers for everyone in need and hugs to all.

EmmaB
April 14th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Happy Monday all!!

I went out with a guy that sounded like a donkey when he laughed. I couldn't take it. Sweet guy but YIKES! He had kind of a nasaly sounding voice too. Sheesh! Maybe I'm too pickey!!

It's going to be a short work day as my DD's DBT therapy group starts today and I have to go with her this afternoon. I'm very proud that she decided to do this on her own. What little she had last year I thought helped her tremendously. Because this was her decision (and not mom's) I'm hoping her attendance will be better.

Had an early morning and ended up embroidering for a couple of hours before leaving for work. I spent Sunday morning cutting out blocks and batting for my denim quilt. I don't know what I was thinking picking this quilt for my second quilt ever. It has been lots more involved than I what I thought it would be....silly me!!

buckeyequilter
April 14th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I went out with a guy that sounded like a donkey when he laughed. I couldn't take it. Sweet guy but YIKES! He had kind of a nasaly sounding voice too. Sheesh! Maybe I'm too pickey!!

I've went out with some jackasses too....even married one LOL

I don't think you're too picky....if you don't like that voice when you're dating, just imagine how much you're going to hate it 10 years down the road.

toggpine
April 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Good Morning!

It's just me and the littlest one today. Em went to spend a few days of her spring break with Nana. (I think there are movies and other spoiling going on.) GS is with his daddy, as Sun. & Mon. are his days off.
We have some cleaning up to do since the CPS social worker will be by sometime tomorrow for a home check. I should probably run the dust cloth over everything and run the vacuum. I forgot how Cheerios migrate through the house when little people live here.
This has been an adventure so far. I knew I had a good kid in my daughter, but I didn't realize how much. Apparently to these two, "No" has been just a suggestion, or it has been over-used. I don't know how much can be done in 30 days, but we are working on it. So far the oldest has learned that the screaming & shrieking does not get the intended result from Grandma. It was kind of funny to see his reaction when he realized there wasn't anyone left in the room to see his performance, and he still had to take a nap.
I have to say that my husband was less than excited to be taking this on. He has been really good with the kids. I am sure the youngest one hasn't had too many positive male influences. It will be interesting to compare notes with our son to see how things are going in his house. Although, I can see a big change in behavior in both of them when the boys are together.

I think my sewing is going to be relegated to "whenever I can squeeze it in" status. Hopefully I can get some done during nap times, unless I'm napping too!

You all have a great day. It's supposed to be sunny here one more day before the rain comes back for a visit. Hopefully it will move off before Easter so we can hunt eggs outside!
Hugs and prayers all around! Cathy

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Phew, I'm back and with a big load off my mind as I filled out the quilt registration form, attached quilt photo, came up with an inspiration, added my check for judging and got everything out in the mail by 9:30. My inspiration blurb, "Star of Bethlehem quilt inspired by Honor Bright, an English Quaker who came to Ohio in 1850. Before she left England she gave her Star of Bethlehem quilt to her friend, the label said, "Tis best left with thee, to remember me by."

Here's the photo of most of the blocks on my design board, an extra wide piece of white fabric that I laid on the bed. There is a full Star of Bethlehem in the middle surrounded by 4 three quarter stars. Saw the layout on an English woman's tutorial and thought it would be a little different than rows of full stars. Of course I didn't realize that it would entail making so many little half square triangles. All the blocks are made and now I'll join them together, put some borders and get to quilting it.

Cathy, You are helping those little boys to a more settled and happier life so hang in there.
Wendy, Here a photo of the still to be finished quilt, you hang in there too and make the best of your time off from work.

EmmaB
April 14th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Very nice May!

Blondie
April 14th, 2014, 01:02 PM

This is for ALL of us as we make do with what we are given. Ughs. There is plenty of weather heading our way, too, and I am hoping it is just rain.

Blondie
April 14th, 2014, 01:08 PM
May and Shirley ! Wows! Both of you do such lovely work and love love love the color combos. You both always inspire me. Wonderful work.

I was gonna save this up for tomorrow morning since Babs and I have emailed each other about this, but since everyone likes the song, here is my happy and very short non member jib jab feel free to click and then if necessary, slap me. Just choose whatever makes YOU happy.

http://www.jibjab.com/add_ecard_message/345737100

K. McEuen
April 14th, 2014, 01:09 PM
All I can say is that if the wind keeps blowing the way it has been blowing here since yesterday afternoon, you all should be getting sand storms anytime now. I think half my yard has blown away ...

Blondie
April 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=buckeyequilter;508223]I've went out with some jackasses too....even married one LOL

I knew I shouldn't have had that glass of tea. Spewed it out of my nose, Shirley. Thank you for the unexpected neti-pot.

alliek
April 14th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I LOVE lined dry sheets and pillow cases and anything. You can smell the sunshine on the clothes. I use a drying rack for some things, but alas, I do use the dryer. Actually, my DH does most of the laundry. I iron. (yuck) I guess it's just convenience in our old age. As for the laughing thing, Yes Blondie, I do believe it is genetic and I believe the Lord had a great time "tuning" all the different laughs of the world. Seems to me the world doesn't use enough laughter. So we have to do that more, to make up for the slackers! LOL:lol:

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Blondie, your jib-jab link doesn't workie . . . slip-slap!!