PDA

View Full Version : Yay for fridays and/or UFO

mamaquilt
June 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
58355836Blondie adores Fridays, because of her "nice" customers.

I like this Friday, because I finished a pair of socks (an UFO from one of my sisters).

My mother started the beige pair of socks on the picture for my sister 21 yrs. ago before she died. My sister never finished it, but gave me the one sock and the rest of the wool. She'll be surprised when I return her the pair. At the same time I knitted myself another pair. The next winter is coming.

At the same time I want to post the beginning of the oriental shawl. Glad I have those templates from quilting. That shawl sure is not becoming an UFO.

Well have a nice WE, have to get back to my pearls.

debinmalaga
June 3rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Michele, wonderful job on the socks, and I love the beading on the shawl. Thanks for sharing, and have fun!

Lenie
June 3rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
very nice, these socks, and very warm also! I really love what you are doing with the oriental shawl. Beautiful!

quilter.martha
June 3rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Alright! Another quilter who also knits!!!! Those are my 2 favorite hobbies. Great job on the socks, and I can't wait to see this oreintal shawl finished.

toggpine
June 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Ahhh! I can't knit, but I can admire your skills! Great job on the shawl too!

SuzyQue
June 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
I don't knit either, but love what you have made! I love anything hand-knit....just never felt right with yarn in the hands. The shawl will be gorgeous....keep us posted!

Susan M
June 3rd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Use to knit and crochet, but carpal tunnel in my left hand put an end to that. Moved onto cross-stitching for a few years before I discovered the wonderful world of quilting. Quilting is just the best. Your socks came out really good, just wish I could do that. Can't wait to see the shawl finished.

Shirley
June 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Neat socks! What a nice surprise for your Mom. The oriental shawl is beautiful!!!!

janluna
June 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I can knit and crochet, and I also do machine knitting. I used to sell machines and teach people how to use them. Right now tho, I'm taking a quilting break. I'm not so good at it but I keep on trying!
Hugs, Jan

mamaquilt
June 4th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Use to knit and crochet, but carpal tunnel in my left hand put an end to that. Moved onto cross-stitching for a few years before I discovered the wonderful world of quilting. Quilting is just the best. Your socks came out really good, just wish I could do that. Can't wait to see the shawl finished.

Actually I got my carpal tunnel operated 5 years ago on both hands. Again on March 3 this year on my right hand for a second time, while they operated my fracture.
The doctors told me to move my wrist and that is what I did. And knitting works too.