PDA

View Full Version : Josefine update 2014-04-14

Swedish leo
April 14th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Hi

It has been a chaotic weekend for Josefine.
It seams that all is ok during the week but it derails during the weekends.

So I talked to the staff late last night and they said they are gonna talk to the day staff and something has to be done.

Josefine should not have to break down evey weekend just beacuse the other Girls misbehavior.

I Went there sunday and took her with me to my sister that lives about a 40 min cardrive away and we got to spend the afternoon toghether and it was nice.

And on saturday it is easter eve and I will pick her up again and I and Johanna and Josefine are gonna spend the day with my sisters . That will be great.

We will have to see what the staff come up with to day as an solution for Josefine.
I am realy conserned about her.

bkthomas
April 14th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Sorry to hear this Annika......but glad you will have some time together......always in my prayers....

rebeccas-sewing
April 14th, 2014, 05:47 AM
I imagine there will be bumps in the road so to speak. Whatever the problem is I'm sure the staff will get it worked out. Try not to worry, Annika. I know it's hard but try to have faith. I'm sure it's not the first or last time they will have conflict to manage. It's their job to get whatever problems arise resolved.

dwil23
April 14th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I know this is hard for you all, but I am praying that it will all work out for the best. Sometimes we can't see that "the bumps in the road" are there for a reason.

Renate
April 14th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Dear Annika,

I am thinking a lot on you and Josefine. I am sure you do all you can to be at your daughter`s side, whenever she let you. For sure she always feels your love and that carries her through this difficult times. I adore you for your strength and never give up.

You are really a great great mother.

Many regards from heart to heart
Renate

Monique
April 14th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Sorry for all the trouble you are having. Put your foot down and get this resolved. It is nice to hear that you spent some quality time with her just the same.

MayinJerset
April 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
It is so good for both of you that you can spend time with her and I know she'll be so happy to be with you, her sister and other family members for Easter. Some hugs for both of you. 73338

Bubby
April 14th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I'm so glad you have been able to spend some time together. I continue to pray for Josefine's situation.

Auntpiggylpn
April 14th, 2014, 09:14 AM
I worked as a nurse for a company that provided services for the mentally and physically challenged. In some of the homes there was an increase in behaviors and incidents on the weekends. What it boiled down to was the weekend STAFF! They were often found not to be following policies and protocols so the individuals were thrown off their routines. The weekend staff were more lax and didn't think it was important to follow the plan of care. I can almost bet that is what is going at the facility that Josefine is in. It is good that you talked with someone last night. You could also talk to the director or administrator today about your concerns. I think of you and Josefine often and your other daughter. I spent the majority of my nursing career working in the mental health field and I know how frustrating and just flat out tiring it can be trying to make sense of everything. Keep positive and communicate often with the staff. It is important that they know you are involved.

Suzette
April 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
This situation continues to be in my constant prayers. I am all for "bumps in the road of life" as I believe they often make us stronger, but in this case, it is unacceptable and I am praying that you will get some resolution from the weekend staff. This needs to stop (and I know that you know this and that you are being very pro-active on your daughters behalf). Prayers and hugs for you and your sweet daughter!

EmmaB
April 14th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Thinking of you and your family Annika. I hope the staff can get things resolved.

WendyI
April 14th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I worked as a nurse for a company that provided services for the mentally and physically challenged. In some of the homes there was an increase in behaviors and incidents on the weekends. What it boiled down to was the weekend STAFF! They were often found not to be following policies and protocols so the individuals were thrown off their routines. The weekend staff were more lax and didn't think it was important to follow the plan of care.

I can completely agree with this. Being the primary caregiver of my schizophrenic mother since I was 10 years old I can tell you that weekends when she was hospitalized were always very difficult for her. The break in routine was very difficult for her to manage and to this day she needs intense structure in her day.

If Josephine is experiencing this then I would absolutely speak to the Director of Care or the home Admin. about your concerns. I know it's difficult for them to get staff to work weekends, but that's no excuse for lax care. My heart goes out to Josephine, particularly since I think we have a lot in common (although I am much older). She is incredibly lucky to have you and her family. You're a great mom! Be sure to take care of you too! (((HUGS)))

auntiemern
April 14th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Annika, as always you and the girls are in my prayers. Hopefully you can the week end issue resolved. It doesn't seem to me like the situation is good for anyone. All of the progress that is made during the week, is put in jeopardy on the week ends by staff that obviously are obviously not doing their job. Can't be good. Go to the very top if you have to, to get it taken care of.

BellasQuilts
April 14th, 2014, 11:01 PM
I agree that a chat with the director is due. Weekend staff and a break in a structured routine is probably the issue. Also, the staff on the weekends may not be as strong to deal with the other girls. They are probably just testing them to see what they will do and poor Josefine gets to be their guinea pig. Now that it has happened twice in a row, it is not a coincidence. It would be interesting to see what the dynamics are: girls with certain caregivers that escalate a situation, etc. Hugs to you and Josefine.

Swedish leo
April 15th, 2014, 03:07 AM
I have been talking to Josefine and to the staff.

and she has been given ( on my suggestion ) a safetyplan so she will know how to act.
Beacuse she panics a bit in a unfamiliary situations when she not know how to act.

The staff is 2 people during the weekends and that is not gonna change. But they are well aware about how Josefine feels.
I made sure of that. It is a mix of bad teenage behavior and when Josefine try to reason with the Girls they do not respond to her in a way that she is used to. And when she canīt reason with them she panics.

I told the staff that they have to make a plan for Josefine to follow when she feels that the situation is getting out of hand.
And they have done so. They have talked to all of the Girls again. And last night when I talked to Josefine she said that all is ok again. She had baked a spungecake and sounded good.

So now it is a matter of taking it one weekwend at the time.

alliek
April 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Prayers for Josefine, I hope things get better for her. Happy you can spend Easter together with loved ones. God Bless you both.

Suzette
April 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Wonderful Anikka! You did such a great job taking a stand for your child - what a fantastic mom you are! I'm glad that it's looking better for Josefine and she is feeling a bit more comfortable and in control. Hugs!!!

BellasQuilts
April 15th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Sounds like they are responding to your requests. That is fantastic. Yup, one weekend at a time!

Megan

I have been talking to Josefine and to the staff.

and she has been given ( on my suggestion ) a safetyplan so she will know how to act.
Beacuse she panics a bit in a unfamiliary situations when she not know how to act.

The staff is 2 people during the weekends and that is not gonna change. But they are well aware about how Josefine feels.
I made sure of that. It is a mix of bad teenage behavior and when Josefine try to reason with the Girls they do not respond to her in a way that she is used to. And when she canīt reason with them she panics.

I told the staff that they have to make a plan for Josefine to follow when she feels that the situation is getting out of hand.
And they have done so. They have talked to all of the Girls again. And last night when I talked to Josefine she said that all is ok again. She had baked a spungecake and sounded good.

So now it is a matter of taking it one weekwend at the time.

SallyO'Sews
April 16th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the update, Annika. It helps to focus our prayers. Keep your chin up, dear, and continue to advocate for her with the staff. She will know you are on her side, and that will surely help. Is anyone writing down what is happening (who is doing/saying the things that are upsetting her) on the weekends? You might want to have a record of what is going on so you can share it with the staff and Josefine's social worker.
Blessings and hugs to you both, ~ Sally \0/

Wwena
April 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I hope they can solve this - seems they know what's wrong at least? I hope you have a wonderful Easter and I keep my hopes up that you will be able to join us on April 26 for our quilting get together. :)