PDA

View Full Version : Long time customer.........lot's of recent issues

imicsome
April 12th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I have been a long time MSQC customer. I have ALWAYS received wonderful, prompt customer service. My previous orders have always been shipped within a matter of days and at MOST I have my items in my hand in 10 days.

Sadly, this is not the experience I have had with my last two orders. In fact, both were ordered a week ago and neither have shipped yet. I sent an email enquiry last week and received no response. One of these orders was over 240.00.

I would to lose MSQC as a quilting resource. I hope these issues are not signs of things that are going to be ongoing issues.

Loonwatcher
April 12th, 2014, 08:37 PM
I wonder if there is some sort of emergency going on there.

I too have not had a call or email after leaving messages two days in a row and sending an email.

What's up MSQC?

ghshistorian
April 12th, 2014, 08:39 PM
I too received an order with an item missing. I have emailed numerous times with no replies. I have ordered numerous times with no problems, but this time I can not get any customer service.

Loonwatcher
April 12th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I want to book my bed for the fall get together. Two of us for three nights. That adds up.

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I want to book my bed for the fall get together. Two of us for three nights. That adds up.

You might try emailing retreat@missouriquiltco.com or maybe it's retreats@missouriquiltco.com, that should flag it so that it goes directly to Little Jean.

Wait!!! Nevermind those emails above, found this in another post that Little Jean made ... "Post your questions below or contact me directly at retreats@gmail.com"

Judy, USMC
April 12th, 2014, 09:04 PM
I've seen this happen with other companies that have grown very quickly. With the new retreat center, warehouse, seasonal shop and 2 restaurants they have their hands full. Add to that the media exposure and their customer base has also expanded. I can see that by the number of new forum members.

Too bad that something has slipped and customer service has slipped. I heard that they have put on a night crew to fill orders. Maybe the best move would be for them to hire a full time customer service rep (or 2) to answer the phone and monitor the emails. Hate to see them get a bad reputation from dissatisfied customers.

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Once the new warehouse is finished I imagine the turnaround time on orders will go back down. Right now the place they have is small and the yardage is in the store, so if an order contains precuts and yardage it has to be filled from two different places.

They have hired on a second crew to answer emails and they are working as quickly as possible. The amount of email they receive daily can't be handled by one or two people, and it is coming in almost constantly. I think more than half of it has to do with the magazine. Hopefully once they get a couple more issues under their belt that will start going more smoothly for them.

JudyAnn
April 12th, 2014, 11:36 PM
I love MStar and I totally understand their growing pains....
yet my order has taken quite a while too.

Slokarma
April 13th, 2014, 12:57 AM
It's very noticeable on this forum. Every time there is a another mention in the news, TV, mag...there is a influx of new folks on the forum. In business terms, I don't even know how you prepare for that onslaught of orders and it's interest from all over the world. I assume they are hiring as fast as they can...which in itself must be a nightmare, considering the lack of customer skills that seems to be the norm these days and the training involved to just get an order correct and the cutting of fabric and a small town only has so many people to hire. Now that I think of it....wow.

Anyways, you need to understand you are not ordering from Amazon Prime and the girl handling your order might have just started 15 min ago. BUT the other thing is, I totally expect it will all settle down in good time. So, here's my advice; Don't panic and share your bananas. :icon_wave:

Loonwatcher
April 13th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the advice Karen. I'll try to email Little Jean directly.

MRoy
April 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Since I've never ordered anything that I needed right away I've not been concerned about delays. I agree with Slokarma and I feel sure they are doing their best to manage the growth of their company and still provide good customer service. In my area, there will be 600+ jobs lost between June and Dec due to a factory closure. We'd love to have a growing company like MSQC here, warts and all.

BTW, the MSNBC segment on MSCQ is scheduled to air on Sunday, May 4th. Get ready for more members and more customers.

Suzette
April 13th, 2014, 09:55 AM
While I too understand their growing pains (and will happily wait it out while they sort it out) I think the key is communication. And that is lacking here. All they have to do is let their customers know that things are a bit backed up right now and that they expect things to smooth out shortly.

When communication is lacking, folks will fill in the blanks themselves (and not always nicely), get annoyed, frustrated and eventually walk away (and some will do a lot of bad-mouthing before they walk). To make matters worse, I'm reading a lot of "no one answers the phone" and "no one returns my calls" and of course "my orders are taking way too long to be a) confirmed and b) received. Now I'm starting to hear more and more "parts of my order were missing or wrong".

Uh oh. We are on a slippery slope here folks. But truly the answer is -- communicate. When I worked as a vet tech, if we got held up with a patient and others had to wait past their appointment time because of it, if I did not go out and inform them of what was going on and why we were running behind, they would get very frustrated and angry and often times walk out. BUT . . . if I went out and explained the situation in a timely manner (meaning I didn't wait a half hour or more to inform them, I got out there as quickly as I could BEFORE they got angry and frustrated), almost without fail, they would instantly relax and be totally understanding and wait patiently for us to finish and then get them into a room.

The same thing here. MSQC just needs to let folks know as plainly and clearly as they can that they are running behind (and why) and most folks will be understanding and a lot more patient.

Just my two cents . . . ;):)

AuntieVic
April 13th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I like your two cents Suzette. I agree communication s does wonders.

Mpyles
April 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
I can certainly understand everyone's concern on not getting there orders or parts of there orders. As suzette pointed out, how they respond is key to the complaint process. Any business is going to have feedback and hopefully most of that feedback is good! But unfortunately there are going to be unhappy customers. How they respond is key to turning the negative feedback to a positive. Generally when you have a complaint you want someone to listen to you, you want them to understand what you are unhappy about you also want them to acknowledge that they understand your complaint and if they are apologetic you generally feel better. You also want them to respond and correct the problem. Notifying the customer as to when the problem will be resolved is key. I don't run a fabric business, but I do operate a business in which we make numerous mistakes weekly...we employ humans...and mistakes happen. Listening, empathinzing, apologizing and responding are imperative in our complaint process. Sometimes, we really may not have made the mistake...doesn't matter...the guest is ALWAYS right, what we do to satisfy that guest is key.

As a consumer...I try to look at things logically...let's say they received 500 orders today... They make mistakes or dissatisfy a customer on 10 of those orders...they still pleased 98% of there customers.... Thats a great rating!

One thing I am certain is that Al reads the forum when he can...he also has the customers interests at heart...they will get the hang of it!

BillNye
April 14th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone!! I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to give feedback on this stuff. I know it's really frustrating right now on some of this, and Suzette is right, the communication piece just needs to get better. Let me paint a bit of a picture on our end and maybe you guys have some ideas?

The thing we've noticed is that everything is connected. So if we get behind in fabric cutting, we get behind in shipping, if we're behind in shipping, we start getting emails saying "hey where's my order", if those pile up and we don't get to them right away we start getting more calls, as we get more calls, we get more voicemails, then our customer service team is transcribing voicemails and returning calls that are often duplicate tries at communicating with us. It's like the butterfly who flaps it's wings causes the tsunami on the other side of the world sort of thing. So there are a bunch of places in the process where if something goes wrong, everyone feels it.

Right now we have 12 shipping stations that we run day and night, it's not enough. We need to get to about 30 stations, but we just don't have room yet. We will, in June our new warehouse is slated to be done, and things will get much better, but right now we have to figure out how to get more packages out from the same number of stations, so I'm building tools to help our shipping and picking get better, but we're sort of hanging on for dear life until June. I think a great idea would be to put a notification on that review screen when placing an order so that you know. But if we can just get caught up from after the NBC stuff, we'd be set, we had a spike in orders but then it settled back down, but we are just always a few days from being caught up it seems. You'll notice we haven't done any promotions in the last 45 days, we aren't advertising anywhere, nothing until we can get our operations fixed up. But we are almost 4-5 days behind on orders right now. It's brutal, we're all in there everyday helping, if we can just get caught up.

With that being said, our customer service team has felt it as well. They share a room with Katie and Bob who do the photography for the website, there are 8 customer service people and then all the photography and such that has to happen in that little 20 x 20 room. One of the ideas we had was to start putting customer service people in other locations around town where we had room, so now we have one phone and computer station in the quilting lodge, one in the sewing center, we're going to put 2 more in the quilt shop as soon as there is room, etc. These ideas will all be pointless after June when we can get into the new warehouse where we'll have a huge room for customer service, but short of outsourcing our calls to some other country, we have to just muscle through our tough spot right now. You should start seeing the communication get better there too though, just last week we started our night crew for customer service emails and calls. We are trying to be as innovative as we can with our constraints and are very lucky to be able to have the light at the end of the tunnel from a space standpoint, we just have to not make everyone hate their experience with us before then, if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them?!

Love,
Al

JudyAnn
April 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Al,
I can only begin to understand the logistics of running your business......... and you all do a great job. Those of us who've been here for years are just used to the quick and very personalized service of a much smaller and less hectic M*. Along with your almost unimaginably quick growth comes all of the issues you discussed. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to explain. I, for one, am not leaving.... just so happy and thrilled for your family. Hurry June! Until then ... I'll be more patiently waiting ....and sorry for the little whine.

songbird857
April 14th, 2014, 02:37 PM
...but short of outsourcing our calls to some other country, we have to just muscle through our tough spot right now.

Love,
Al
I'll take a delay in turnaround over outsourcing anyday :) Keep up the good work M*. we'll be patient while you grow...

Suzette
April 14th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Hi Al! I am so happy you came here and addressed this issue! By letting us know the specifics and logistics behind what is going on with certain issues some folks have been having, it gives everyone a chance to empathize with you and be understanding and patient instead of getting angry at you when they don't know what is going on. Great stuff! You guys are awesome in every way!!

Keep communicating and informing and I believe we will all sail through this rough patch and come out the other side pretty much unscathed! :icon_bigsmile:

BobW
April 14th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I'll take a delay in turnaround over outsourcing anyday :) Keep up the good work M*. we'll be patient while you grow...

I would hate to see anything outsourced. Especially if it went out of the country. June will come sooner rather than later and hopefully everything will settle down for a while.

Ahamblin
April 15th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Al, thank you for taking the time to come on here and share the issues with us. I agree with everyone in that we would not want to see any of your services outsourced to another country. I like the fact that when I speak with someone they are part of your organization there in Hamilton. June will be here before you know it and thank you for working so hard to improve your processes as you grow. It helps to know how much M* cares.
You all really do a great job and I love supporting a family owned business.
Ann

MRoy
April 15th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Al, please don't ever consider outsourcing to another country. I love seeing the jobs you are providing to your community and commend you for it. The 600+ jobs that my community is losing this year is because of production being moved to Honduras. It really sucks!!

VickiJ
April 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Well now I don't know if I should place my big order or not! LOL - I personally have no problem waiting a bit for what I want, but I usually mix precuts and yardage and now that I really know (I sorta figured, but wasn't sure) that can be an added hassle I feel bad!!

I know I tend to think that anything that is very professional and organized is also all done by computers so getting the reminder that there are actually humans running around trying to get all this done certainly puts my impatience in perspective.

Maybe I'll just do a few precuts now, and the corresponding yardage in a couple of weeks. #bestofbothworlds. :)

Genny
April 15th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone!! I wanted to thank you all for taking the time to give feedback on this stuff. I know it's really frustrating right now on some of this, and Suzette is right, the communication piece just needs to get better. Let me paint a bit of a picture on our end and maybe you guys have some ideas?

The thing we've noticed is that everything is connected. So if we get behind in fabric cutting, we get behind in shipping, if we're behind in shipping, we start getting emails saying "hey where's my order", if those pile up and we don't get to them right away we start getting more calls, as we get more calls, we get more voicemails, then our customer service team is transcribing voicemails and returning calls that are often duplicate tries at communicating with us. It's like the butterfly who flaps it's wings causes the tsunami on the other side of the world sort of thing. So there are a bunch of places in the process where if something goes wrong, everyone feels it.

Right now we have 12 shipping stations that we run day and night, it's not enough. We need to get to about 30 stations, but we just don't have room yet. We will, in June our new warehouse is slated to be done, and things will get much better, but right now we have to figure out how to get more packages out from the same number of stations, so I'm building tools to help our shipping and picking get better, but we're sort of hanging on for dear life until June. I think a great idea would be to put a notification on that review screen when placing an order so that you know. But if we can just get caught up from after the NBC stuff, we'd be set, we had a spike in orders but then it settled back down, but we are just always a few days from being caught up it seems. You'll notice we haven't done any promotions in the last 45 days, we aren't advertising anywhere, nothing until we can get our operations fixed up. But we are almost 4-5 days behind on orders right now. It's brutal, we're all in there everyday helping, if we can just get caught up.

With that being said, our customer service team has felt it as well. They share a room with Katie and Bob who do the photography for the website, there are 8 customer service people and then all the photography and such that has to happen in that little 20 x 20 room. One of the ideas we had was to start putting customer service people in other locations around town where we had room, so now we have one phone and computer station in the quilting lodge, one in the sewing center, we're going to put 2 more in the quilt shop as soon as there is room, etc. These ideas will all be pointless after June when we can get into the new warehouse where we'll have a huge room for customer service, but short of outsourcing our calls to some other country, we have to just muscle through our tough spot right now. You should start seeing the communication get better there too though, just last week we started our night crew for customer service emails and calls. We are trying to be as innovative as we can with our constraints and are very lucky to be able to have the light at the end of the tunnel from a space standpoint, we just have to not make everyone hate their experience with us before then, if you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them?!

Love,
Al

If you're going to outsource anywhere....bring it to Southern Iowa and I'd work for you in a heart beat!!! :icon_bigsmile:

buckeyequilter
April 15th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Well now I don't know if I should place my big order or not! LOL - I personally have no problem waiting a bit for what I want, but I usually mix precuts and yardage and now that I really know (I sorta figured, but wasn't sure) that can be an added hassle I feel bad!!

I know I tend to think that anything that is very professional and organized is also all done by computers so getting the reminder that there are actually humans running around trying to get all this done certainly puts my impatience in perspective.

Maybe I'll just do a few precuts now, and the corresponding yardage in a couple of weeks. #bestofbothworlds. :)

You should probably get your precuts and corresponding yardage at the same time. I've bought precuts and then went back to get the yardage and it's gone. :)

Cathy F
April 15th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I would also advise getting all your pre-cuts and yardage as closely as possible. I have waited to order yardage to match pre-cuts and when I finally got around to it it wasn't available. Popular lines sell out quickly.

I just received my order yesterday 4/14, it was ordered on the 7th, I am always pleased with how quickly it arrives. Great work M*QC!

Midge
April 15th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Hello everyone. It's good to air these issues, don't you think? Obviously we are fans of this company. I am a new, but enthusiastic quilter who is also a new customer of Missouri Star. It helps a lot know about the rapid growth of orders and the physical expansion during what is clearly a transition period. Yes, when I placed my first order here I was a little surprised that it took a while to get to me. I wanted to get started on my project! But I recognize I am spoiled by Amazon Prime shipping, so I chilled out. Order itself was perfect. As was the second order. Again I felt the turnaround was a little too long, but by then I had learned of the warehouse construction,etc. I admire what Missouri Star is doing for their little town, and if anything, that makes me more patient with them. I realize that growth can take you by surprise, but customer expectations are always exacting. So I hope the problems begin to work themselves out shortly. I want to keep on being a cheerleader for a business I hope to see in person some day!

kensington
April 15th, 2014, 03:39 PM

Keep in mind if you postpone ordering yardage that coordinates with your precuts, you take a chance on it being sold out when you do order it. Rule of thumb... If you want it, get it, it might be gone later.

bec
April 15th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Al, what about a notification on the store front web page that explains some of the things that you have told us. That way people will know that you are a rapidly growing business and that things are going to be caught up soon. People tend to have more patience if they aren't left in the dark. Also, the message would reach everyone that is ordering. Just a thought.

Bratbear
April 15th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Al, I live close enough that I could drive to Hamilton and volunteer my time on saturdays If that would help in anyway. I could answer phones, cut yardage, be a runner, anything that would help. It would be an honor to give up saturday sewing to help out.

bec
April 15th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Al, what about a notification on the store front web page that explains some of the things that you have told us. That way people will know that you are a rapidly growing business and that things are going to be caught up soon. People tend to have more patience if they aren't left in the dark. Also, the message would reach everyone that is ordering. Just a thought.

I waited too long to edit, but I wanted to add that it would be like going into a store at the mall and seeing a "Please excuse our mess...We are remodeling" sign. People understand and look forward to seeing your improvements. :)

BellasQuilts
April 15th, 2014, 10:26 PM
They are just growing faster than they can keep up right now. Hang in there, people! They are working hard day and night. We know this family - they will make sure things catch up.

DMac
April 15th, 2014, 10:39 PM
I agree that communication is the most important thing! I ordered for the first time a little while ago and after the thank you for your order note it seemed a long time (at least a week) before hearing it had shipped. If in that first (or as a note before you complete your purchase) auto email with confirmation I had also received as part of that an additional paragraph that simply stated " due to a high volume of orders and ongoing renovations we are currently shipping orders approximately 5 days after the order is received. We value your patience and expect this situation to be resolved in June." Anything that stops me from wondering when will they get to it. I would also know then that if its 8 days and I've heard nothing call if its 3 don't worry about it yet. Long post to say just be transparent and peple will chose to either wait to order or go ahead and anticipate the lovely things coming.

Jholland211
April 16th, 2014, 11:47 AM
How about a short form email or just updating shipping information to let us know our orders are coming a little late due to extended growing pains. A little more information would soothe a bad situation.

Jholland211
April 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM
My sentiments exactly.

Lindagie
June 13th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I just tried to place an order and take advantage of the Freaky Friday deals; it keeps telling me that I have changed my address and I did not change it. It asks me for my password to confirm that I changed it; Has this happened to anyone else? I called them first this morning, but have not gotten a call back. I hope I don't miss out on the deal today because of this. It is the first time that I have had an issue while placing an order. I don't want to confirm anything unless I know what is going on.

Doloris
June 13th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I just tried to place an order and take advantage of the Freaky Friday deals; it keeps telling me that I have changed my address and I did not change it. It asks me for my password to confirm that I changed it; Has this happened to anyone else? I called them first this morning, but have not gotten a call back. I hope I don't miss out on the deal today because of this. It is the first time that I have had an issue while placing an order. I don't want to confirm anything unless I know what is going on.

did you happen to add or not include Ave, Street, or something like that. I did that once and had trouble with new address issues because what I was typing did not match what they had on file.

Judy, USMC
June 13th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I have 2 addresses on file. One in NC and the other, that I'm shipping to, in Chicago. It asked me to confirm the address ... and also asked for my password ~ which I did enter.

I think it's an added layer of account security that Al programmed in to correct a situation where some people a while back were seeing other people's information.

Lindagie
June 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks ladies. The only thing that was different was they have US on their records and on the order sheet the US wasn't on there. Otherwise all the info was the same. I confirmed it, so hopefully everything will work out ok.

I know that Missouri Star is getting too big really fast, but they really do need someone manning the phones just for order questions, instead of having to wait days to get a return call. I am guessing that is in the plans. I certainly would not want them to outsource anywhere, esp. out of the country. That would ruin the entire concept of Mo. Star.

snippet
June 14th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I hope they are moving into that new warehouse now. I could tell from our tour last year that they were needing new space and employees in all the departments.

What I love about M* is that they will always be a family run business and not some faceless blob of a company. They know the impact of the jobs they are creating in Hamilton and won't outsource their work.

Al, how about sending another email to the customer if there is a delay in the shipping? Maybe send a note every four days after the order is placed? For me, it would be that warm fuzzy to let me know my order hasn't been lost or on backorder.

gribzoid
June 16th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I too received an order with an item missing. I have emailed numerous times with no replies. I have ordered numerous times with no problems, but this time I can not get any customer service.

Be careful of those orders with missing items - I was missing an item. When I compared my order and packing slip, I found that I was charged for the item. They fixed it promptly.

Lilbitsofthread
June 21st, 2014, 08:31 PM
As much as I love MSQC, I can't help but get frustrated when the communication process continues to be an issue. Placed an order 8 days ago and the status is still "printed". Can't get anyone to answer the phones.

JudyAnn
June 21st, 2014, 08:55 PM
I have loved M* from day one and I really do hate to complain..... however.... I too have had issues. Though I understand they are growing unimaginably fast... I have to say, perhaps they should have dedicated priority to shipping and customer service to ensure they are running smoothly (and could handle the volume of business) before opening the new stores. I'm not a business owner, but that makes the most sense to me. I ordered fabric on May 25th...and only received it yesterday (June 20th). The reason? There was no address on the shipping box....so the USPS had to process it by opening it in order to search for an address. Somewhere.... not sure if it was M* or USPS.... along the way.... my Honey Bun is missing. I've called and written to M* and have no response. I really feel like they'll get all this sorted out, it's just unfortunate that priorities got messed up.

K. McEuen
June 21st, 2014, 09:02 PM
I think there must have been an overwhelming number of orders placed on June 13. Mine still shows "printed" status. Others received theirs within a few days. Mine was both precuts and yardage so I expect it to take a bit longer, but 8 days of it sitting with the same status seems a bit long. I am still waiting to hear back on my email query sent on the 18th.

Lil bits of thread
June 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
I've been in retail operations mgmt for 20 years, but in no way claim to know it all. It just seems to me that this company put the cart before the horse. Adequate infrastructure needs to be in place before a company expands so quickly. With the new buildings, magazine, increased media coverage, etc, they seem to be in reaction mode all the time, always playing catch up. The cornerstone of any long-lived company must be outstanding customer service. If they don't concentrate on customer service over expansion, they will begin to lose market share to competitors with better shipping and communication skills. This comment is in no way meant as an attack on this wonderful family and business. It's just constructive feedback from a loyal customer.

BillNye
June 24th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Lil Bits o' Thread, you are totally right. 100%

Our *sparkle* has always been the customer service. We're an interesting company because unlike other companies who may get an email about an order, we get emails about a broad range of topics. Questions about borders and binding, to comments about mom and the family, to the magazine, to the shop, to visiting the shop, to the retreat center, and so on. Each one of those could have its own customer service department, it's true. But this makes it a bit harder to predict the needs of our customer service rockers.

If you've ever been to see the shop and got a tour, we take you back to the customer service room where 8 computers and phones sit, then we added another machine and phone in the quilting lodge in the batting room, and then one in the retreat center so Jean can help when she gets a spare moment. Honestly, room to sit is a major bottleneck for us, and it (the business) did get bigger than we were ready for. There are three owners in the business, me, my best friend Dave, and Sarah - my sister. Sarah is over the shop experience and all the quilting knowledge stuff, Dave does the ordering and marketing, then I'm the computer guy and over shipping and logistics. We all sat down a few months ago and forbade me from any new products or features until I can build the logistics foundation for customer service and shipping and fabric cutting. I've designed the system from scratch because no one has bothered to build a great management system for fabric, and late last year we got the warehouse going and were excited to move in this weekend, but being as behind as we are, we're putting it off till after the 4th of July weekend.

So in telling you this, I know it's not your fault, but I just hope you can appreciate that we are definitely working on it. It is my #1 priority every morning when I wake up is getting packages out the door in 24 hours and emails returned within 24 hours and phone calls answered when you call. Give me 2 more months, I think I've got it, just keep giving me feedback, threads like these that are constructive and idea focused are really helpful to me. Thank you again for being part of the solution, we have a lot of jobs and the future of a town riding on us not messing this up. I just hope I can figure it all out!

EnumclawGramma
June 24th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Eh! Alan! You've Tooootallly got this!! Based on everything I've been able to sit back and watch.....it's a fact. I love the way this is all happening and I tell others about you guys all the time! Watching you (this is gonna sound kinda corny but here goes) makes me PROUD to be an American. You all are living the American Dream for pity sake!
I've had a few slow orders, and I've emailed about them. I ALWAYS get a response in a reasonable amount of time, and it always turns out that if I had waited ONE more day my question would be answered with that order in my mailbox!

Bottom line: No complaints from this quilter! If it weren't for Jenny and Missouri Star I don't know that I would even be quilting! GROW! Do what you gotta. I can wait! It's soooooooooooooo worth it to me!

Netter
June 24th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I placed an order on Freaky Friday and received it the following Wednesday.

Lilbitsofthread
June 24th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Thank you so much for your frank and prompt reply to my feedback. It must be such a wonderful challenge to pioneer this large scale endeavor called MSQC! As I said previously, I don't claim to know it all, but I do have a suggestion. Is it possible to offer a dedicated email address for order inquiries? This address could then be the priority every morning. I would think that most customer satisfaction issues involve the orders they place. This process would then allow you to meet your goal of a 24 hour response time. As a loyal customer, I would not be concerned about a 24 hour response time on a question about fabric, or a comment I sent about your many wonderful events. We do know, however, that when we spend our hard-earned money, our expectation is that we are now in a relationship with MSQC and need some sort of timely communication. Just a thought. Keep up the great work and know that we are all behind you and want to be a part of your MSQC family!

JudyAnn
June 24th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Thank you Alan.... for your response! We are all cheering for you... wishing you the best (because we feel you deserve it).... and loving your family and your company. You've made us feel a part of it all. The logistics of running M*... as you've just described.... are mind boggling! The bottom line... for me and probably many others is, we were spoiled by all of the personal attention be got when you were new. Now we part of a huge cliental, which is fantastic for M*! We are proud of you and what you do for Hamilton. So...though I did have real issues with my last order... I'm sure they'll be fixed in good time and I'll try to be more patient. why???? Cause we love you and we're proud of you!!!

GrammaBabs
June 25th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Just here to say ,yet again, I too, am a PROUD AMERICAN CHEERING ON MSQC!!!!!
Family Company
Caring and Honest people
Dedication to your Hometown
and
All being done with smiles and Love of it all...
In 4 years, my only disappointment has been when things get too negative in a nasty way,, and that's not often, cause' we here don't tolerate "that stuff"...LOL
Go Alan, Dave and Sarah,,, you are all doing your Momma's Proud!!!! , Barbara Johnson

Midge
June 25th, 2014, 04:47 PM
I second what GrammaBabs says! Most small businesses with explosive growth have these growing pains. And while I respect others' opinions and frustration, anyone who thinks that 'infrastructure' should be in place before sales growth is pursued has no idea about businesses and how they grow. That said, the dedicated email address for orders inquiries is a great suggestion, and I hope you will consider it.

Even though others might mail out orders faster than M* is right now, I totally love and cheer for what your family is doing.

sewtotallycrazy
July 3rd, 2014, 11:24 PM
I hope your problem has been resolved. Thankfully I ran across this post earlier before ordering so I knew that I should expect some delays in processing. I totally understand when it comes to growing pains, especially in a small town it's hard to get the help you need, plus the unexpected delays too like weather. I was pleasantly pleased though to receive the email that my order has been shipping, less than three days processing, granted it was all precut jelly's and a charm pack, love the daily deals, they're worth waiting for the right one when ordering none emergency supplies.
I really love the connection we can have via the forum and the personal touches that Jenny and the gang put into the work they do, it's so much nicer than the cold shoulder I always seem to feel I get from all the big companies. Maybe it's the crazy notes/ stories they come up with to make us all chuckle and smile, or at least roll our eyes depending on our sense of humor. With large companies it seems to always be, x amount, generic, thank you pleasure doing business, end of story. I love that whoever has packed every box I order it's signed by the person who packaged it. I can't imagine the writers crampt they must have at end of day, but I appreciate it, it makes me feel like I matter.

Kathy M Boice
July 4th, 2014, 12:05 AM
I agree with "sewtotallycrazy". I love the daily deals and look forward to seeing what is offered. I have had to miss a few I really wanted because of money issues, but the daily deals are so much fun! I was wondering, Jenny, if you ever thought of having an area of your site dedicated to new quilting books that are out and what is new? I know you have so many great ideas of your own and want to promote them, we all love them!!! But it would be nice to be able to be kept in the loop as to what is new out there. Love ya and all the hard work you all do at MSQC!!! You really help me stay interested in quilting!!!!

erindipity
July 4th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I placed an order this past Monday. The money has been taken from my bank, not shipped and no response to my emails. That order is my last MSQC order. If it has not shipped by Monday July 7 I will be cancelling my order. If I want to be treated crappy and just be an "order" and not a person I can find LOTS of websites for that, that ship quickly. I used to feel good about buying from a small town American company but they are no longer that :/ It is so sad to see such a great little shop turn into a huge monster!

Hope they get their act together before they crumble everything they've built!

MaryD
July 5th, 2014, 02:07 AM
I can't envisage M*QC crumbling!

I am very happy with the service I get. My largish orders are generally despatched within five days, and I don't feel I need a series of emails to let me know at which stage my order is.

If you check your order (my account) it may still be able to be cancelled with one click. Monday to Thursday is not a long time for an order to be despatched.

Patience is a virtue.