PDA

View Full Version : My poor son comes to visit..........

Monique
April 12th, 2014, 04:06 PM
And has an accident. Someone turned in front of him and never saw him. Greg's car, the front, got jammed under the truck. NO ONE was injured although it looks as if Greg's car might be a write off.

I feel so bad for him, he has only had this car a couple of months. We may be taking a trip to Montreal tomorrow to take him back home.

Judy, USMC
April 12th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the car - but glad he wasn't injured.

Bubby
April 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Sorry this happened. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

auntiemern
April 12th, 2014, 04:42 PM
So sorry to hear this. Thank God it is just his car that was injured.

easyquilts
April 12th, 2014, 04:57 PM
So glad no one was hurt, but sorry about the car..

Panda
April 12th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Monique, I am so sorry this happened to your son. Thank goodness he wasn't injured. So scary.

Kathy

K. McEuen
April 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Glad your son is ok.

I'm not sure how insurance works in Canada, but keep track of how much money you spend on fuel, etc. taking him home. Here that would be covered by the other guys insurance since he was at fault.

Kgrammiecaz
April 12th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Good to hear no one was injured. But it is a crappy thing to happen. The other insurance should also cover a rental car.

When my daughter moved to Califirnia, she shipped her car, which was only a few months old. When we flew out, her roommate came to pick us up at the airport and brought Corrines car knowing Corrine would want to be back in it. A lady ran a red light. No one hurt but the car was totaled. The good part - she got a brand new car with a better deal and it dropped her full price by over a thousand. Blessing do come.

What they dont reimburse you for is the aggravation they put you through.

Tell your son hang in there, a blessing will come for sure. Enjoy your visit, thats worth more than anything

Monique
April 12th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sandy Navas
April 12th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Ah, glad all is well. My Li'l Sis shared yesterday that someone ran a light and took the rear axle off one of her son's work vehicles - luckily no one injured.

Tell Greg we're all glad he wasn't injured.

pcbatiks
April 12th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Glad your son wasn't hurt! :)

alliek
April 12th, 2014, 08:40 PM
So sorry, but the best is no one is injured. Its annoying and frustrating, but you and him will get through it. Been there.

Loonwatcher
April 12th, 2014, 08:41 PM
The important thing is that he wasn't hurt. Hopefully his car was insured.

MayinJerset
April 13th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Glad Greg didn't get hurt but sorry about his new car. May

WendyI
April 13th, 2014, 01:40 AM
So glad he is ok...no fault insurance sucks here! Hopefully it won't drag on and on!

stationarymom
April 13th, 2014, 01:55 AM
sorry to hear about the accident,but glad to hear he is fine.

Andrea F
April 13th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Glad nobody was injured, but sorry about the car.

rebeccas-sewing
April 13th, 2014, 05:20 AM
How upsetting and with a brand new car as well. Poor guy. What a downer when you were expecting a happy visit. As with everyone else I'm so glad to hear no one was hurt.

Monique
April 13th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Thank you all. Oh yes he has insurance. You can't drive here without it. The adjustor is coming on Wednesday. We will be making a trip today to take him home. Luckily he doesn't live far from the base. We will know more when the adjustor has a look at the car.

MRoy
April 13th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear your son is okay. I hope he can get a rental furnished until he can get a new car.