PDA

View Full Version : Yay for Fridays

Blondie
June 3rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/05fri.gif

Happy TGIF Ladies

Just came inside from watering some veggies - more squash to be picked this weekend. We stagger our plantings so that hopefully we can harvest all season. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. LOL. But hubs is a born farmer and we would rather be outside than inside this time of year. We keep a cold wet towel around our neck and keep plugging away.
Have y'all ever noticed that the majority of quilters also love gardening? Perhaps it is the designing, devotion to process, or enjoying the end result of both? Either way, it is pleasurable for so many of us!

Patti - your quilt top is gorgeous. And that is exactly how I plan to put my black and whites together. Very nice. Our sisters here did an excellent job of making these fun blocks!

Lola, I was in a crummy mood the other day and may be in one tonite after work. One of my least favorite clients comes on Friday afternoons. I generally try to make her my last because I am simply drained when I am finished with her. I have seriously considered if her $$ is worth it.

Hoping that all of our quilty sisters are healthy, safe and keeping those fingers nimble with sewing! (or gardening, lol)

Dragonfly
June 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
I have seriously considered if her $$ is worth it.

The problem with this is the spin off bad press, word of mouth is alive and well...unless you have a way to politely suggest somewhere else without offending.

A cheery good morning to all, I'm pleased you all are having nice warm weather. It is so funny feeling at arms length (or keyboard length) away from people I feel close to but who have the opposite season to me.

Have a lovely day everyone and enjoy your gardens if you can, they are so good for us.

meemeecyn
June 3rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Going to my oldest DGD's preschool graduation. Toooo funny, huh? Oh well, it will be cute. Then plan to do some serious sewing! It is supposed to be cooler this weekend, less humid. Hope everyone gets a chance to do something fun.

quiltingtrish
June 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Happy Friday to one and all!
Fun? Did I hear fun? I'm heading to my BFF's sometime later today to spend the weekend. Don't know what we'll do but we always get some laughter in.
No exercise this morning. I got home around 1 from Dad's - did get lots accomplished - and was up at 5:30. Was back sleeping in the chair by 7. Maybe I'll talk BFF into going for a 30 minute walk somewhere tonight and tomorrow. I'm sure there is a park around her somewhere.
A little nervous this morning. I'm meeting up with Katie's 'other mom' at 10. I just want some more information other than the usual "it's an adjustment" or "it's going okay". Since I mentioned that to the counselor about 2 weeks ago, maybe she will tell me more about what Katie's been up to other than softball and school which I do know is what she's been busy doing, but I want to know the respect part, the changing of her attitude part, etc. So I'm praying the right words come out of my mouth and she understands where I am coming from.
So - have a super day all! Have to run and get ready for the day.
Give someone a HUG today. Hey - Blondie - maybe that lady that's not so nice needs one for today. Would that totally shock her or what?

HUGS,

Loonwatcher
June 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Hi all. Sounds like you all have busy plans. I heading straight from work to camp. DH can't come until later on Saturday but I don't want to miss the good weather that is forecast for tomorrow (back to possible rain on Sunday). I need to get the garden in. Yes, we are just sowing at this point. Also, while I'm alone, maybe I'll get the back for my son's fleece bday quilt done and sew the 2 sides together. They I just have to learn the proper way to tie it - no sewn quilting for this monster.

Have a great weekend everyone!

debinmalaga
June 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Morning all! It's after 11, so by now Trish had her meeting - my fingers crossed tight that all went well.

Blondie, gardening was my passion during all but winter, until my weight made it easier to pretend I didn't see the weeds. I'm dieting like a good girl (at the moment) and determined to get myself out there and do a little at a time until it's done. I took a mental health day off work and already got one bed weeded and swept my front step this morning. Next up, pruning azaleas and more weeding! I'll think of you gritting your teeth and being diplomatic with your difficult customer, while I huff and puff and deal with difficult weeds. Hang in there, girl.

Off to find Patti's quilt top, which I haven't seen yet, and then back outside. Will check in later, have a great day all!

quiltingtrish
June 3rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Ok - meetings over and it went well. I'm sure it helped that I prayed on the way there asking for His guidance. First of all, her States Softball game is on Monday night so I will see her then and get some hugs. We talked for about 50 min. and got a few things out. Katie is up and down and they have caught her a a few lies. Stopped it in it's tracks and so she couldn't keep turning it into more lies. Said she is getting a job this summer - possibly on a farm to help with bringing in the hay and animal work. Hmmm - that should be interesting. If that turns out to be only one day a week, they will look elsewhere for her. There aren't alot of job for kids in this area since we are so far from malls and the downtown. But, there are places here and there around. Half of what she earns will go into an account for her college. They are trying to get her to soccer camps where the scouts will be so there is a possiblilty of a scholarship for her schooling. They did let out the rope a little and let her go to a 'party' after our local graduation and found out that didn't work out and told her she will never go to that place again while they had custody of her. At least Katie is seeing that we are not the meanest parents on Earth and that other parents actually say no to their kids too. She lost her cell phone priviledges for awhile so I told her to let me know when she gets it back. We plan on more meetings-up especially that softball is winding down and I won't see her a few times a week.
Well, got to run. Have to pack a bag and head west. It's only about 3-4 hours of a drive so that's not too bad. Guess I better find my directions.
Have a super weekend everyone and I'll check back in late Sunday night.
Hugs,

toggpine
June 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
'Morning!
Trish, I'm glad the meeting went well! Have fun on your mini-vacation!
Blondie, I think we garden so we can spend more of the food budget on fabric! That and it kills me to pay the horrible prices for fresh herbs in the grocery. I am also hoping that if the youngest one can help grow some of these veggies, she might want to eat more of them.
I need a haircut too, but Blondie, sweetie, you are just too far away for me to come visit. I think that will be on the list of afternoon errands once the little sweet pea wakes up again. She heard Daddy leave this morning and since the sun was waking up, she though she should be too. If she has stayed awake at 6AM I'd have had a monster on my hands by dinner. It is amazing what that extra two hours can do for her when she gets up at 8. Now it looks like she'll be logging in a few extra as it is quarter to 10!
Deb, much success with your weeding! It is something that is never completely done, but it does make you feel better once you have the first, big dig of the season out of the way!
Gonna squeeze in a bit of sewing until Em wakes up, or I have to go and rouse her out so we can get on with the day!
Take care! Cathy

toggpine
June 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quick update:
Our first baby goat of the season was born today! I bred them all to kid a little later since I am not a big fan of milking in the dark and cold.
He is strong, healthy, and pretty cute. I'll get pictures when we get back from running errands this afternoon.
Cathy

sewmuchjan
June 3rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hi folks, I have been MIA for a while because of having to work more because one of our bartenders Mom isn't doing well. Boss still hasn't hired another back-up yet!!!

And I lost my Uncle Dale on the 29th of April which was unexpected and I am having a time adjusting to loosing him. I keep expecting him to walk in the Moose Lodge to give me a bad time or just to see what I need. But he isn't here anymore he is up riding the big range in the sky. :(

Haven't been able to do much sewing and that is getting to me too. :( I have things that need to be done for folks this month. Going to try and sew on sat and sunday, and forget some of the housework. The dust and cobwebs can wait another week!!:o

Just thought I would stop by and say HI to you all.

God Bless you all
Jan G

Susan M
June 3rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Thank goodness for Friday! It has been extremely busy at work and I decided to leave a bit earlier so I could get an ice cream birthday cake for my grandson. My cute little grandson turned 3 today. He is such a character! Anyway, we went to my daughters for a few hours. Those kids have such a way of making you forget your troubles! Tomorrow it is off to the zoo with my son and granddaughter. Hopefully I will have time and energy to quilt when I get home.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Susan

debinmalaga
June 4th, 2011, 01:06 PM
So good to hear from you, sewmuchjan! So sorry to hear about your loss... Sounds like you need some sewing therapy, you're right to let the dust and cobwebs "mature" for a bit :-).

sewmuchjan
June 4th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Thank you Deb, Didn't mean to whine so much when other's are suffering with more than they can stand. All the tornadoes and flooding. I hope any of our folks out there are safe and doing fine. I will be fine, just a big adjustment for me with my Uncle Dale not here anymore, and even now I still get weepy and stuff. But this to shall pass in time.
Thank you Blondie for your kind words too.

A Tribute to a Cowboy; sadly missed, always remembered, forever loved, God Bless that old Cowboy. :( :)

Blondie
June 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM
(((((((Jan))))))))

& everyone else that needs a good hug for good measure, just because I can
((((((((GROUP HUG))))))))

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x296/nightingalesings/forum%20images/Hug.gif

sewmuchjan
June 4th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Thanks I needed that and it has done my heart good to be back with you all!!!
:) :) :) HUGS BACK TO YOU :) :) :)