PDA

View Full Version : 6 Pairs of Shoes

auntiemern
April 12th, 2014, 12:31 AM
It was supposed to be one pair of shoes. DD has been having terrible trouble with her feet. She suffers from plantar faciatus. (sp) She has an appointment with the podiatrist for Monday, but decided she needed a new pair of work shoes in the interim. We headed off to the Skechers store. She had found a pair she liked on line and thought we would go to the store to see if they had that style. Well of course they had the ever popular BOGO 1/2 off. So I am thinking well heck I can get a pair of shoes 1/2 off. It really was a good plan. She then decides that she should probably get a new pair of tennis shoes too. Ok, I had already found the shoes I really wanted. So I decide I too am gonna get a new pair of tennis shoes also. So now we are up to 4 pair. Well right by the checkout are the little boy shoes, and guess what they had? The cutest pair of tennis shoes with police car lights and head lights. Well my Bubby is just crazy about police cars, fire trucks ambulances or anything with flashing lights and sirens. So now I am thinkin' I gotta get another pair for half off. I ended up getting the oldest GD a pair of new sandals for the summer. (The youngest was going shopping with mom after school for new dress shoes). We went for one pair and walked out with 6. Then of course we have to walk right by Hot Topic. 2 prs of shorts and 2 tank tops later we finally made it out of there. That was how I spent my day yesterday.

songbird857
April 12th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Yep. That is definitely how I will be when I'm a gramma :-)

Genny
April 12th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Sounds like you had a really good day and ended up with a lot of new shoes!

kensington
April 12th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Yep. That is definitely how I will be when I'm a gramma :-)

That's exactly how it is when you are the gramma! I've done that, gone shopping to get one a new pair of shoes for his birthday, went home with shoes for all, new socks for the new shoes, shorts, shirts and candy. All before we even get to Chuckie Cheese!

MayinJerset
April 12th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Good Haul today and everyone will be happy with new shoes and clothes.

rebeccas-sewing
April 12th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Yep, that store really knows how to sell shoes. I've had the same experience. I won't be buying shoes in the Netherlands. I walked past a shoe store here in Baarn and there wasn't a shoe in the window under $100 euros. Remember, a comparable price in the U.S. would be about 1/4 MORE than that.

easyquilts
April 12th, 2014, 07:00 AM
What a great day....and so much fun.... who doesn't like shopping for new shoes?

Bubby
April 12th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I love to shop for shoes. There's no place to buy shoes in our town other than Dollar General and I'm not sure if they have anything other than slippers and flip flops (if that). A good day of shoe shopping makes everything in my world rosy. Glad you hit such a good sale!

Kgrammiecaz
April 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Yup, they sure know how to break the bank. Thank goodness I have only one at the moment. She does not like spending her money

Tina W
April 12th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Yep been there done that. When my granddaughter was little I told my husband her mo did not pack any socks I took her shopping for socks. At the time she was only about 3 months old. When we got home showed grandpa socks, shoes, a bunch of new outfits and then some. He just laughed and said this is only the start of it.