PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip Headache....

cyndiofthevortex
April 11th, 2014, 10:53 PM
This is Cyndi's DH, Jonas, from our room at the MQX show. We had a great day walking the show and visiting with friends (including forum member Quilter Martha). It is a great show - each year seems as good as the last!

But the busy day has resulted in a migraine for Cyndi - the worst that she has had in some time. Any prayers and positive thoughts are welcome. Please pray that the headache is relieved and that she can get a good night's sleep. We would like tomorrow to be as nice as today was.

Lilly
April 11th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I'm praying right now. So glad you're having a great time but headaches - I totally sympathize with - lost two days to them this week alone. So I've got your back, Cyndi and DH Jonas. You can count on me tonight!

Kateskloset
April 11th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Will definitely put you two on our prayer list for tonight. Not good to miss any day because of a migraine! DH Jonas...how are you doing?

asta
April 11th, 2014, 11:14 PM
hoping that she is feeling well in the morning.

Mpyles
April 11th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Ice pack on back of the neck...where your skull connects to your neck!

ilive2craft2
April 11th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Poor Cyndi! Prayers for sure. Migraines are no fun at all.

cyndiofthevortex
April 11th, 2014, 11:29 PM
DH Jonas...how are you doing?

Hi Julie - thanks for asking! I am doing well; it was a fun day after all, but I hate for Cyn to suffer through these things. I have been editing pictures and emailing. Now I am hiding in a corner of the room with a pillow wall so that the light from the laptop won't reach Cyndi's eyes! She is feeling a little better (she ate a little, which is good), and we are quietly talking about posts on the forum and facebook, etc.

Here is one of Cyndi's favorite quilts from the day...

songbird857
April 12th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Ooh... nice :-) I hope Cyndi feels better so you both have a lovely day tomorrow! A friend in Haverill, MA told me about the expo that you are enjoying..... she said it's amazing and I should try to get there! (I was at the sew/quilt expo in Worcester, MA today :-))

Judy, USMC
April 12th, 2014, 01:01 AM
DH Jonas ~ It may sound weird but the best advice (that worked for me) was from a Dr. that I met at 3am one day in Wal-Mart. I was looking for something to take and he recommended eating a full-sized chocolate bar and then washing down an acetaminophen with a cola. It worked within 15 minutes! Of course I was caffeine free when I found this cure. If she is a regular caffeine drinker (coffee or tea) it may not work.

Here's an interesting link with great points of view: 5 Experts Answer: Does Caffeine Cause or Cure Headaches? | LiveScience (http://www.livescience.com/35949-caffeine-causes-cures-headaches.html)

Hope she can enjoy the rest of the show!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Poor Cyndi, hope she feels better soon! Thank you, Jonas!

pcbatiks
April 12th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Hi Jonas......tell Cyndi I am saying a prayer right now. I hope the two of you rest well tonight and have a fun relaxing day tomorrow. The quilt picture you posted is so pretty!

auntiemern
April 12th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the news Jonas. Will have her in my prayers.

Miss Sheri
April 12th, 2014, 02:24 AM
Me too, I'm praying now and heading to bed, blessings and healing, and sleep for both of you.

Sheena
April 12th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Poor Cyndi. Migraines are no fun at all. I can only see half of what's in front of me when I get one - no good when looking at quilts! Hope you're better now.

MayinJerset
April 12th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Aren't you grand Jonas keeping us informed about Cyndi. While it is terrible to get such a big migraine, getting one while you are at a quilt show is really terrible. Hope her meds or the remedies suggested here work ASAP. Thanks for the photos, outstanding quilt.

bkthomas
April 12th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Thanks for letting us know Jonas! I'll keep the prayers going through the night.....and hope you both have an enjoyable day tomorrow! :icon_hi:

easyquilts
April 12th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I hope Cyndi was able to get a good night's sleep.... Tell her she has everyone's prayers.... Have a great say today...

Carol336
April 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Oh no....and she was so looking forward to the show and the time away with you. What a great guy you are to let us know about our friend......I'll be praying for you both. Hope Cyndi wakes up refreshed and ready to enjoy the show today.

BTW - I'm the lady that did your house note cards.

HandsOffItsMine
April 12th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Cyndi, hoping by now that your migraine has stopped. Jonas, great DH was taking care of her. :) Don is like you when I'm suffering from my migraines. He lives in the dark with me and has the TV on 5 or lower, sometimes he has to read lips I think.

Enjoy your day together. Huggers from both of us.

cyndiofthevortex
April 12th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Thank you all SO MUCH! I am much better this morning. I have the vestiges of the headache whirling around in my skull, but nothing like the debilitating pain I was in last night. I slept most of the night, only having to get up and take more meds once (I looked at a great quilt book while waiting for them to kick in) so I am rested and feeling well enough to enjoy the show today. Thank you all for praying and the good thoughts you sent my way. I know they were effective.

I'll show some pics when we have the chance to process them. This show is beyond fantastic. The quilts are jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Simply Quilting
April 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Glad you are better this morning. Have a great day at the quilt show :)