PDA

View Full Version : New fur baby addition

EmmaB
April 11th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Meet Fonzy, our new fur baby addition to the household:

Such a cutie!!!! My DD brought him home last night. I wasn't crazy about having another pet but I couldn't say no.

Vonnie
April 11th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Oh, how sweet is that face!

Bubby
April 11th, 2014, 01:43 PM
That's such a cutie!!! Love its sweet little face!

laf512
April 11th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Awww! So cute!! I'm hoping dh will agree to let the kids get another kitty soon!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 11th, 2014, 02:03 PM
So precious! Hope he is a good boy and lives long in your heart! My fur boy is going on 18, he's a cream tabby, too!

WendyI
April 11th, 2014, 02:04 PM
awwww! Kittens are awesome!! Fonzy is a lucky wee man!

buckeyequilter
April 11th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Awwww....he's so cute :)

Sheena
April 11th, 2014, 04:27 PM
There's nothing as cute as a kitten!

GrammaBabs
April 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
How could you say NO... ??? It's a good thing that we don't have anyone showing up at our door right now.. we would so love a pet ie.. Cat... but it's not a good idea right now!!
Meet Fonzy, our new fur baby addition to the household:

Such a cutie!!!! My DD brought him home last night. I wasn't crazy about having another pet but I couldn't say no.

Simply Quilting
April 11th, 2014, 05:10 PM
How sweet. One of the best cats we ever had was that same color. :)

Pandabear
April 11th, 2014, 06:28 PM
You can't say no to that face, it is much too cute!

Iris Girl
April 11th, 2014, 06:37 PM
what a cutie!!

dwil23
April 11th, 2014, 08:52 PM
He is PRECIOUS! I love kittens (and puppies).

BobW
April 11th, 2014, 09:35 PM
He is a sweety! He says he's glad you realized you are his person. He also looks forward to learning to help you quilt! LOL

MayinJerset
April 12th, 2014, 04:02 AM
He is so cute no wonder you couldn't resist him.

rebeccas-sewing
April 12th, 2014, 04:52 AM
I'd have trouble saying no to that little face too. So soft, so sweet. I don't think the name fits that cutie pie though. He doesn't look tough enough although under all that exterior Fonzy did have a soft side, didn't he? hahaha

easyquilts
April 12th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Who could resist those eyes?

EmmaB
April 12th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I'd have trouble saying no to that little face too. So soft, so sweet. I don't think the name fits that cutie pie though. He doesn't look tough enough although under all that exterior Fonzy did have a soft side, didn't he? hahaha

Fonzy is short for Fonsworth. LOL DD cracks me up with her names.

He's a spunky little thing and crawls all over you when you try to hold him. Maybe his name should have been monkey. I hope our other cat warms up to him. He hisses at him something awful! He's not liking him very much right now.

Hulamoon
April 12th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Kittens are the best! Every time I got a new kitten with an older cat it took awhile for them to get along. If ever. lol

Tina W
April 12th, 2014, 08:28 AM
So cute, enjoy him and love him to death.

Monique
April 12th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I am not a cat or dog person but he sure is cute.

Tina W
April 12th, 2014, 08:42 AM
So cute, enjoy him and love him to death.

BobW
April 12th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I laugh at how cats react to other cats. Of all the cats I have ever had, only one didn't want to be an only cat. Charley is a handsome, well built gray tuxedo short hair. He loves his two sisters and cuddles with them and bathes them. He would be lost as an only cat. All the other cats I have ever had found it to be a terrible burden to have to share space with another cat.

Suzyq
April 12th, 2014, 09:48 AM
DH and I are big fur baby lovers... We're staff for our three kitties, one is a tuxedo female who has slight brain damage from a virus when young, a large long haired ginger kitty, and our 17 year old cuddly silver tabby. We love them all, as each is special in their own little way. Enjoy your new baby, he's a cutie...

catmama635
April 12th, 2014, 10:18 AM
He is such a cutie! I have two kitties and I always want more, but I think I'll just stop at two...for now :) Have fun with the little guy!

rebeccas-sewing
April 12th, 2014, 01:34 PM
A bit of a funny story - Back in the 70's I was dating a guy from my acting class (Peter Bergman if you're familiar with soap operas) up in New York City. He had a siamese cat that he loved. He decided his cat needed a friend so he got a kitten. Well, the kitten was driving his cat crazy so I took the kitten to my apartment until I could catch a train home to Pennsylvania to surprise my sister for her birthday. My cat was hissing and growling and extremely unhappy with this new arrival. I was wondering what I would find when I returned home from work. I walk into the bedroom and there is my cat lying on the bed letting the kitten try to nurse her. I was not expecting that!!! It's a memory I will never forget. I couldn't get over it. How my cat went from a furious beast to playing mama cat is beyond me.

songbird857
April 12th, 2014, 02:48 PM
ohhhhhhh..... my 19yo dd is asking for a fur baby - We have been saying no (used to have a cat and two dogs and we are rather enjoying the pet free life, but it is tempting..) but now that my FIL is staying with us, we've been rethinking it because it we got two sibling kitties they would entertain him...
How do those of you with fur babies (particularly kitties) deal with the dander/fur getting on and into your fabric?? What about items you sell/donate/gift?? Any issues? This would be my major concern.

Genny
April 12th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Oh my what a cutie!

Suzette
April 12th, 2014, 07:37 PM
What a cutie pie!!! :icon_bigsmile: I can't imagine my life without having my sweet pets to enrich it!

That little kitty of yours is one adorable little fellow. Congrats!!! :icon_bigsmile:

Suzyq
April 13th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Well songbird, with three kitties I think I can share some experience...first off, I never leave any work on my table when not using it, it all goes into those large freezer bags til I take it out again. I'd also leave any fabrics cut or uncut in any kind of bags til I need it. You might have to bite the dust, pardon the pun, and keep the kitties a proper distance from your machine when sewing as it's often the dander and fur in the air that ends up on your fabric. Those sticky rollers help too, you can get them at the dollar store but I use them lightly. Lastly, before giving a quilt to anyone, a lap size or smaller piece, I'd wash it to be sure there is no fur or dust. Takes more time but not everyone is a kitty lover as we are... Hope this helps!

maxwellthecat
April 13th, 2014, 02:09 AM
I love cats and your is such a cutie pie. I would never have been able to say no. Enjoy him as I'm sure you will.