PDA

View Full Version : Friday Hellos

Blondie
April 11th, 2014, 07:02 AM

Hello Folksies!
Fridays are always fun fun fun for me. I tend to think that all my days are fun fun fun since I am always on the prowl to stay in my awesome bubble. Attitude kiddos, that's my advice. Attitude. And a good hair color and cut. hehehe. Here is how my hair looks after removing that offensive and aggressive white streak.

I need to sit here at the computer for more than a few minutes at a time and really get caught up on my reading. I have seriously been busy this week since the weather has been so promising.

Enjoy the weekend! I know I will. Prayers, hugs and blessings to all. Smile as if you are being paid to.

dwil23
April 11th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Good Morning! It's Friday. For me that means it is late Sunday evening and I will start another work week in just a few hours. But, like Blondie says, it's all about attitude. I am so thankful I have a job to go to. And not a bad one at that.

The last couple of days I have felt like I am finally seeing some progress in the "world's slowest move". I can't believe I have had the house for three months and it is still not ready. The major hurdle now is the floors. We have the flooring, and starting next week when my son returns from his weekend with DIL and DGS, he and DD's are going to try their hand at installing it to save Mom some money. DS went to see several rentals yesterday and still no luck. Most places are dead set against their dog - a 70 lb shepherd mix that is the most docile, well behaved dog I have ever seen. Both of their previous landlords have said on inspection when they moved out that they couldn't even tell a dog had lived there.

Well, looks like our nice weather is gone. The 80's are returning. I know that doesn't sound like a big problem to those that truly suffered through this past winter, but it is hot to me.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day. Remembering those who are in need of our prayers and thinking about some of the problems and health issues that so many here on the forum are facing. (((HUGS))) to all.

Monique
April 11th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Good morning. Feeling much better today. Still stuffed up but I have more energy. Today I sit with my friend's husband again. Lunch is on him today, lol. I did not do a whole lot yesterday. I did get showered and dressed and took a box of stuff to the church. I did pick up a set of queen sized flannel sheets for $4. I always back my quilts with flannel. I bought the girls some clothes for Easter instead of chocolate. That will get sent away.

Greg arrives tomorrow. I will be so glad to have him home for the weekend. We have a party to attend to tomorrow night. Should be a blast.

I think I will take my quilt with me this morning so I can get some work done on it while I am sitting with Ted.

Have a wonderful day friends. Another warm sunny day today.

Bubby
April 11th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Good Morning,

Not much happening here today and that's a good thing. I plan to bake an apple pie for the weekend and maybe cook one more pot of chili.

The Girls have been outside and are napping. I got the rest of the water heater mess cleaned up yesterday. It's good to have hot water and have my bathroom back together and all cleaned up.

We have to work in Cuba tomorrow. I have an appointment to show an apartment and I hope it goes well. I think I met the gentleman about 3 years ago when he was deciding whether to live in Cuba or go back to California.

Today I have to make a decision on what to sew next. I love the Dresden bag tutorial that Jenny and Steven did. I will definitely give it a try.

Wishing everyone a great day. Sandy, I'm still praying for you and your family. Hugs, Barb

Mpyles
April 11th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Morning all!

Happy Friday!!

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Everyone seems to be off to a good start today. I'm was up early and found DS's dog's sleeping cage empty, either Stella opened it herself and went upstairs or we've been dognapped! I'm having a difficult time deciding what to do this morning so I think I need another cup of coffee to help me stimulated my brain. In the meanwhile here is something we 'older' guys and gals can related to.

Granny Judy
April 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM
So, True, May.. Picture taking was always a big deal and we'd all get dressed up, cleaned up and stand in line for our turn... Mom didn't tolerate any foolishness nor wasted her "film". It had to be perfect the FIRST time.... LOL

Nothing major planned for today.. just looking ahead to the Massage on Saturday and the Shen Yun Music and Dance program on Sunday afternoon.

EnumclawGramma
April 11th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Good Morning! I thought I'd show and tell a pic of me at a younger sweeter age. Auburn hair, see that Blondie? So.....what color should it be NOW? LOL! Serious, I NEVER know! That is why I've got this wonderful white/grey/auburn/brownish hair going on now. I need a colorist!!!

Today is Yoga, (can't wait!) a little housecleaning and off to pick up my sister for our slumber party of sewing and visiting! I haven't had any real quality time with her in SO long, this is going to be awesome! DH is planning a wonderful dinner. Looking forward to a wonderful Friday evening.

It looks like we'll get another couple of sunny days. 60's mostly. I can live with that. I really need to get out in the yard, it's a constant battle beating back the forest every year but so worth it once it's done and we can sit out there and enjoy it. Our neighbor got a couple new dogs and so put up a 6' cedar fence and in the process took out several of my most treasured shrubs. My Yellow Chain tree (one of the most beautiful trees I have ever seen!) and several lilacs as well as butterfly bushes I planted from babies. I'm more than a little angry, because it changes the look of that entire side of the yard. But in the scheme of things.....you gotta pick your battles and this just isn't worth my angst. You know? Peace. Breathe. And go to Yoga! And maybe a trip to the nursery to find some new plantings.

I am off for one more cuppa, a shower and get my day started! Hugs/Prayers for all in need. Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend! Smile! It's good for the soul (really. there've been studies. it's true.)

grannyann
April 11th, 2014, 09:33 AM
I snatched your picture MayinJerset. I have a GDI that is always taking selfies to put on face book so I may just post this picture there. Why do these young ones feel they have to keep taking pictures of them selves and posting them.?

MRoy
April 11th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Good morning. Blondie, your hair is looking good. I'm still on my first cup of coffee. I was up early for awhile then went back to sleep, so I'm getting a late start. I sewed some yesterday and the bum arm ached pretty bad afterwards. No agenda today, just doing whatever... As always, I'm thinking of those going through difficult times and sending positive thoughts and prayers.

Sandy Navas
April 11th, 2014, 10:19 AM
A brief note to say thanks for all the prayers and support. Love you all!! We are making progress and will get through this quagmire!

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I snatched your picture MayinJerset. I have a GDI that is always taking selfies to put on face book so I may just post this picture there. Why do these young ones feel they have to keep taking pictures of them selves and posting them.?

Ann, No problem about snatching the picture I 'borrowed' it from someone else.

About all the selfies, most are only half of their faces so what's the big deal?

MayinJerset
April 11th, 2014, 10:30 AM
A brief note to say thanks for all the prayers and support. Love you all!! We are making progress and will get through this quagmire!

Thanks for stopping by and hope we hear Good News from you very soon. May

Simply Quilting
April 11th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Good Morning!!!! We are off this morning for the city. My sewing machine tote has came in. The first one had a nasty smell and a broken lid. The company was quick to replace it. Then we are stopping at the Lego store. The oldest boy has saved up enough money to buy one of the lego sets that he wants.

My husband has the next two days off. He is going with the children and me. This doesn't get to happen very often. So I'm excited to spend most of the day with him. This evening and tomorrow he has disaster relief training. This year the regional training is at our church.

I've had a great week decluttering the house. Still more to do but it has at least started. I got my first tote bag made and have to more to get done in two weeks for a benefit auction for a friend's sister whose house burned down.

Have an amazing Friday and weekend everyone :)

Madeforyouinma11
April 11th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Oh Sandy! I'm so happy to hear this! Can't wait til this is all over for you.
Still thinking good thoughts and keeping all of you in my prayers.

pcbatiks
April 11th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Good morning..... We are having a mechanical sewer system installed at our house today .......boring but necessary! :D

grannyann
April 11th, 2014, 11:47 AM
No big deal at all I guess

Jean Sewing Machine
April 11th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Hello all! Glad Sandy checked in for a minute! I had a sleepless night, not no sleep, just less sleep than I wanted! So, i took a couple of Big Lots charm packs and tried out the construction of those exploding charm blocks. They really are fun to make. I solved the problem of all that scissors work by precutting an X with my rotary cutter in the center of the blocks that need to be cut. Then I sewed them on to the previous square, then finished the cut to the corner with my scissors. Makes them go together really easy!

Need to start on a costume dress. I sooo do not want to do it! I'm going to visit my grandkidsin Des Moines over the weekend, and since I go right past Hamilton, I'll definitely stop in to MSQC to say hello! It will be a fun trip!

GrammaBabs
April 11th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Look at you Jean.. always thinking!!! I love to do that with some of my projects as well,, always tryin' to save a step,,, especially in cooking... I can put a great meal on the table in an hour our less most anytime with a little "prep thinking"....possibly why I have a bit of a weight issue... I LOVE my own cooking!!! LOL
Sandy thanks for checking in!! The positive thoughts and prayers continue... hugs to you and Al... B
Everyone else.. enjoy the weekend, do what makes you happy if you can and cherish the moments..:)

alliek
April 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Have a wonderful, blessed weekend Blondie! Give mom a hug too.

WendyI
April 11th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Sandy SO glad you checked in and all is working out whatever it is.

Up at 7 today and off to see my doctor who has put me on more medication and insisted I take at least three weeks off work...wanted me to take more than that but I said I do not want to be off that long. I really hope by then I have some clear direction of where life is going. This being in limbo stinks.

So I am trying to do some quilting...so far I've been doing mostly frogging! I did not sleep well last night at all...so maybe will take a break for a while and try and have a nap. (((HUGS))) to those who need them. Hope you all have the very best of days.

EmmaB
April 11th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Afternoon All!!!!

I'm a little late today. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm have hormonal issues and my body couldn't decide whether to sweat or not. Kept taking the covers on and off the biggest part of the night. So today, I carried my coffee to work with me. It's like my internal clock is running 2 hours behind today. Plus I stayed up a little later than usual as we now have a new furbaby in the house (see my other post) The two puggies and our cat Tootsie is not so sure about him. We were very watchful last night until DD took him to her room for the night.

Your hair looks great Blondie!!

I'm very glad that you checked in Sandy N. I've been thinking of you and some of our other forum friends going through some rough times.

I'm going to visit my friend in the hospital after work. She had a tumor removed from her lung yesterday morning and is doing great. DD came home for the week from school last night as she wanted to see her asap. This lady was my DD's babysitter from 6 weeks old to 11 yrs old. We became very good friends and she is definitely more than just a babysitter to my DD. She's considered part of the family. I was in such a shock Wednesday when she told me she was having surgery. Her doctor at this point is saying no chemo or radiation needed so I'm taking that as a good sign. I will probably spend the biggest part of my Saturday sitting with her.

Big hugs to all that need some! Have a great Friday!!!!

Sheena
April 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear from you Sandy.

Your hair looks great Blondie.

I mowed my lawn today HURRAH! and then lay down on it and fell asleep, and so did the dog. The chicken came up and pecked me awake. I think they wanted to eat me.

Then I got a call from a tenant to say his toilet was leaking and didn't flush so I drove round and fixed it.

I watched the tut on the Dresden pillow (it's a cushion over here in England, a pillow is the thing that you rest your head on in bed). I must make one of these! Or more than one, they look addictive.