PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE stop me!

easyquilts
April 10th, 2014, 06:38 PM
As most of you know, I have been having serious problems with my BP. I've been keeping a detailed log for my doctor... I'll be seeing her tomorrow..... My Systolic has gotten as high as 224, and my diastolic has been anywhere from 59 - 115 (with the 224) .... The diastolic ni,bred are generally in the 60', though not always.

I have done THE BAD THING..... which my DD warned me not to do.... I have been researching everything I can find on BP problems.... High systolic and low diastolic, in particular.....and have proceeded to scare myself... I've done this before, but usually a grandson is sick.... I've scared myself them too. I diagnosed one with MS, which was, of course wrong.....

PLEASE..... Someone stop me from "researching".... A a former paramedic, I know just enough to be dangerous... But.. It's so tempting..... There is so much information out there.... It's hard to resist, you know?

Anyway, I have myself with one foot in the grave..... HELP,

K. McEuen
April 10th, 2014, 06:45 PM
There is so much information out there....

There is a lot of misinformation out there.

Instead of wasting your time researching the BP thing on the internet you should have gone to the Urgent Care or ER instead of waiting on your doctor to get back into town. Numbers as high as yours have been aren't something to mess around with and wait on.

bubba
April 10th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Take your meds and calm down!!!! I've recently been there and done that and it's not fun! Do everything your doctor says and it will all work out fine.

Auntpiggylpn
April 10th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Take a deep breath, then another one, and then another! You have had so much going on in your life lately that it is no wonder your blood pressure is out of whack! And self diagnosing yourself isn't helping! Waiting for the test results and fearing the worst is always a BP accelerant. Do something you enjoy and that relaxes you. It is what it is. When you see the Dr tomorrow, she will have a plan of care for you to help get that BP down. And follow her directions to the T. I had a heart attack at the age of 41. I am now the proud owner of two heart stents and am on blood thinners for the rest of my life. If I had listened to my Dr prior to my heart attack, I may well have avoided it. And I should know better; I was a nurse for 20 years!!!

auntiemern
April 10th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Get off the internet and get your butt to the ER...they can take care of it.

Jean Sewing Machine
April 10th, 2014, 07:09 PM
I know in Feb. when I had some wierd symptoms, i was sure I had one foot in the grave until I found out all tests found nothing. Funny thing, my symptoms disappeared! My dr. Knows to take my BP at least twice, because itis always high when I go in, then comes down after the exam. I truly hate doctors, not personally, just hate the idea of going for checkups because they make me a crazy woman!

Pandabear
April 10th, 2014, 07:10 PM
If you find yourself starting to type something go look at pics of your grand kids instead.

Slokarma
April 10th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Well, Dr Sandy...will you be performing your own surgery too?

I hope your Dr spanks you! You should have gone to the ER or even to a pharmacy, they check BP these days and THEY would have told you to go to the ER or you could have called your DR's service and they would have told you to go to the ER. Everybody here has told you to go to the ER.....hmmmm I don't know much, but that spread in the numbers is way to much...go to the ER!

ilive2craft2
April 10th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Sandy, I am glad you are seeing your doc tomorrow - please stop reading on the internet about blood pressure. Follow your doc's instructions to the t and give yourself a hug from me. :)

Slokarma
April 10th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Yes I'm so glad your appt is tomorrow, and please let us know you are OK as soon as you get back home! (Good Thoughts)

BobW
April 10th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Sandy you need to get the new sewing machine out and sew and relax. The more you worry about it, the harder it is to keep your BP down. If you use salt, you should stop. Salt causes you to retain water and that increases the BP. Let us know what the doc says tomorrow and don't disappear in the future.

alliek
April 10th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Yes, please let us know how you are, There is plenty of meds out there to help you. AND you have to help yourself by calming yourself. Easier said than done, I know. Stay away from researching any symptoms at the moment. Listen carefully to the doc, and get well,God Bless, prayers for your health.

WendyI
April 10th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Well...thank goodness you checked in! We were all kind of worried..but you should not have waited! Bad Sandy! Get your butt to that doctor asap and please let us know you are okay. ((((HUGS))))

Mimis-quilts
April 10th, 2014, 09:47 PM
As a former paramedic you should know better than to play around with your blood pressure. :(