PDA

View Full Version : BAD CAT!!!

WendyI
April 10th, 2014, 05:29 PM
I don't remember if you recall how over the moon excited I was that my DH got me an Oliso iorn last year as a gift. And how frustrated I was that it broke and I had to send it back to be repaired? Well...the other night I was in bed and heard a crash downstairs. Not unusual with two large cats doing the midnight ramba as cats are wont to do.

Well the next day I sit in the dining room to sew and see that my iron is not where I left it. I asked Scott if he moved it and he said well I picked it up off the floor and put it on your table!!! The bang was the cats knocking it over onto the ceramic floor. Now the button that keeps the automatic feeties up when you don't want to use them is broken. :icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry: :icon_cry::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::ico n_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff::icon_sniff: And there's a big crack in the plastic where the cord comes out of the iron. sigh. At least the feet still work and pop out I just can't NOT use them if I don't want to. No big deal but so disappointing! I love my iron and I'm sad.

Miss Sheri
April 10th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Oh, Wendy, those naughty cats! I feel your pain, that is an exspensive 'ouch!'

Monique
April 10th, 2014, 06:00 PM
Those dang cats.

Pandabear
April 10th, 2014, 06:05 PM
So sorry that happened. Kittys need a timeout.

BobW
April 10th, 2014, 06:32 PM
The kitties say they have no independent recollection of this incident. They are sure it was the dog! (And just in case you don't have a dog, it was space aliens). And remember momma, we love you!

Auntpiggylpn
April 10th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I have one cat in particular, Lily Pie, who uses my ironing board as a spring board. I think my Rowenta has been on the floor more than it has been on my ironing board. I have gotten into the habit of not leaving my iron on the board when I am done with it for the day. I actually had to replace my ironing board last fall because of her jumping off of it. It caused the legs to skew and it would no longer stand up straight.

This is is how I prefer Lily Pie to act when she is in my sewing area

auntiemern
April 10th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I think I would be putting things away so the destructive kitties could not keep destroying my stuff.

Slokarma
April 10th, 2014, 07:28 PM
TODAY, I dropped off the "new" kitty that adopted us during that last -0' weather spell, at the vet to get his STINKY butt neutered. (I know that it's not the butt) but....anyways...I spent the entire morning shoving tables and sewing tables etc etc etc to different places so I could clean the carpet because said stinky cat pee'd on the pup's blanket before we went to the vet and I wasn't sure exactly where that smell was coming from so I did the whole area...and I have yet to go back to plug everything back in and make it into a sewing room again. argh

Now stinky cat is higher than a kite and rolling all over the place. BUT, I'm not going to trust him not to mark on the pup's quilts for a
few days...till all those nasty hormones leave the nasty cat and he evolves into a loving fur ball! So now I have a stinky cat and a 4 mo old miniature schnauzer. Meow and bow wow....and I actually pay out good money to have this much fun!

alliek
April 10th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Sorry for your iron, I always wanted one. I would be so sad too. Those bad kitties.

WendyI
April 10th, 2014, 09:30 PM
The kitties say they have no independent recollection of this incident. They are sure it was the dog! (And just in case you don't have a dog, it was space aliens). And remember momma, we love you!

Oh don't you worry, I have NO illusions about the involvement of the dog. He normally would be in there like a dirty shirt! He's a border collie and half his life is spent stalking those cats! However, I also know that he was laying beside me because his scrambling feet when the crash happened ensured that I was wide awake for quite some time! The other two dogs were locked in their respective sleeping areas for the night, so unfortunately, the cats can't lay this one at the dogs feet...or believe me they would!

AuntP that is a lovely kitty! Looks very comfy in that stash! And an impressive stash it is as well!

dwil23
April 10th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Take a deep breathe and repeat 100 times, very slowly -

"I love my cat."

"I love my cat."

"I love my cat."

"I love my cat."

Suzette
April 11th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry your iron is broken! I quilt with cats too and I make sure to leave my quilt room either totally (or as totally as I humanly can make it!) cat proof before I leave, or I close the door behind me so they can't get in. But sometimes I'm lax or forget to close the door and oh how quickly those cats can get into mischief!! :lol:

But my kitties enrich my life far more than they frustrate it, so I guess I'll keep them! :lol:

Iris Girl
April 11th, 2014, 07:59 AM
I also quilt with a kitty she can be a bad kitty at times , but one look at her face and I melt. My iron is secure when not in use. She also uses my ironing board as a springboard and will not lay on her quilt if its dirty... dirty means to much cat hair..LOL she likes to sleep on to[p of the serger box and supervise. Or on top of the boxes of stash like this.73182 How could anyone stay mad at this face?

rebeccas-sewing
April 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Love the kitty pictures! Sorry about your iron, Wendy.

BobW
April 11th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I have always been a cat person. It is amazing the things a cat will do. Pretty kitties.

EmmaB
April 11th, 2014, 01:09 PM
WHAT A BUMMER!

Sheena
April 11th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I'd plug the cat into the mains.

JCY
April 11th, 2014, 11:50 PM
These stories make me thankful I don't have any pets to disrupt quilt blocks laid out, irons falling off boards, toileting not in the box, or laying on my fabrics. Maybe the kittys need to be in a cage at night, not roaming around the house being destructive. JCY