PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in Waiting

toggpine
April 10th, 2014, 02:36 AM
There is sooo much going on with our dear forum members here. The list is getting longer all the time. We need some good news around here!

We will be in court tomorrow to see what is going to happen to our boys. We have done everything we can to make the courts see we are the obvious choice. Hopefully we'll have some good news to report!

Until then, I'm trying to come up with things I am grateful for. So far, I have quite a list.
My husband and my faith.
Our boys are safe, even if they are not with us.
The support we have received from friends (including you all), family, neighbors, and even a stranger who overheard my attempt at a discreet cellphone conversation, has been heartening.
The weather is finally turning to spring.
The barn holds an unlimited amount of therapeutic ear scratchings as well as two adorable baby goats.
My husband & I have raised a boy into a good man.
That even though my parents weren't perfect, they were good.

I'll keep adding stuff.

Big, small, serious, silly. It all counts.
So what are you grateful for?

Good vibes and huge hugs being sent out across the forum tonight to all!
Cathy

bkthomas
April 10th, 2014, 02:53 AM
Good for you Cathy!!!
I try to be thankful every day.....the DGK's are getting very good grades in school! So proud of them!
My DD, Melissa chooses to be happy despite the challenges she faces on a daily basis.....I am also very proud of her and how she handles the bills and parenting etc......
She just needs at least one good friend that she can trust.......I pray she finds one!

Continued prayers for you and for Cyndi........

pcbatiks
April 10th, 2014, 03:11 AM
Cathy...........I will be praying that everything goes well tomorrow. Your positive attitude made me smile!

I am grateful for my husband of almost 30 years and for my family.
.....that our son & GF had a safe trip to Colorado & the prayers that went along with them
.....that we as forum members can come here to share joy, worries, laughs & prayers
.....that I had chocolate in the house after the chocolate related thread from earlier this evening :D
.....beautiful spring weather
.....that Cathy has 2 adorable baby goats to make her smile!
.....my friends
.....our two dogs that make us laugh every day
.....found 2 100% cotton shirts today..........yay me!
.....to Cathy for starting this list. :)

Thanks for reminding us to be grateful.........especially when going through a difficult & stressful time.

Goodnight forum friends........

auntiemern
April 10th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Prayers that all goes well tomorrow.
I am thankful for so many things, I don't know where to start.

I am thankful for my DH that loves me in spite of myself.
I am thankful for a wonderful daughter that is a great mother to my grand kids.
I am thankful for 3 of the most amazing grand kids a granny could ask for.
I am thankful I got sick in June and the my lung cancer was found early and taken care of.
I am thankful for the ability to make quilts that make a difference in peoples lives.
I am thankful that God lead me here, and for the amazing and wonderful friends I have made because of that.
I am thankful that this forum allows us to share all of our lives, the good times and the bad.
I am thankful that although I am often misunderstood, I remain true to myself and my beliefs...and will always fight for what I believe is right.
I am thankful that the people that matter in my life, understand me....and don't judge me when I am having a bad day.
Mostly I am thankful that I am capable of love and understanding. Some people can't say that.
I am thankful that I can see beneath the surface, and feel the truth.
I am thankful that I am me.

Jackiegross
April 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM
As everyone else I am thankful for my Husband of 41 years, my kids, grandkids, wonderful siblings, and their families. friends and health. I just thought I'd give you all a good belly rolling laugh.

To start I work in a middle school as an In school suspension teacher, one of my granddaughters attend the same school and as she lives with us as does her sister and mother. We stop at Sonic Drive Inn daily on the way in to get Lex a Jr.breakfast burrito and me a Route 44 diet vanilla coke. We did this and arrived at school. Lex carried the drink (so she could drink 1/2 before I get it) and we arrive at school, get out of the car, I get my tote so I can work on a quilt during lunch and we start walking to the door. Now I forget to tell you I am 60, not graceful at all (starting to see what is gonna happen) had a knee replacement 3 yrs ago and afraid if I fall I will mess it up and am getting the other knee done this summer. So here we go walking and talking and the old knee locked up on me, but the brain forgot to tell the rest of the body, "Hey stupid, STOP!" I continue to move the left leg and slowly start going down. I know that it was slow motion because I just don't move that fast. I went down on the left side, knee, elbow, and then rolled over to my back. Lex stood and laughed, she said she couldn't help it because I spun around like someone going in circles. I got up got my dignity back thanked a student for helping me pick up my bag and walked into the building....The ladies in the office asked if I was ok and when found out I was started laughing. they had put my graceful fall on a loop and were watching it in slow motion...They turned an embarrassing situation into a funny one. My granddaughter went to the car and got my cane and made sure she checked on me several times during the day.

Oh the student who helped me........is in my room for the rest of the week. Today I was asked twice if I was sure I was ok.

Gotta laugh. The alternative is only gonna make life too unbearable at times.

love, hugs, and prayers to the best group of people ever....YA'LL.

BobW
April 10th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I'm thankful for:

--The group of neighbors I have. We call ourselves the Nit-Wits. We have found you are stuck with the family you were born to, but that doesn't mean you can't choose and pick the family you want to be with.
--The weather is warming up.
--The forum and all the great people who post here.

I'm sure there are more, but I'm having a senior moment in progress.

EmmaB
April 10th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Cathy, I'll pray that things go well for you and your family.

Oh gosh! So many things..

Family and friends
My DD's doctor that has finally found a combination of meds to help her lead a more responsible and happy life
My job so I can go get some more chocolate when there is none in the house
My health so I can work to have the money to get more chocolate and quilt and also so I can have a house to sit in and eat my chocolate and quilt of course

Just goofin but I am very blessed with my life. So many things to be thankful I can't name them all.