PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!

EmmaB
April 9th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I'm craving chocolate and have none in the house. Hate when that happens :(

cyndiofthevortex
April 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Wouldn't a nice fudgy whoopie pie with creamy vanilla filling be just wonderful right now? Add the glass of cold whole milk and you're on your way to a comfort food coma.

K. McEuen
April 9th, 2014, 09:36 PM
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A MUG
serves 1
ACTIVE TIME:
5 minutes
TOTAL TIME:
12 minutes
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT:
coffee mug (at least 10 ounces; bigger is OK too)

Ingredients
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 egg, whisked
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
nuts, candies, or whatever flavor mix-ins you'd like (optional)

Procedures

1. Place all of the dry ingredients in the mug and mix with a fork.

2. Add the whisked egg and combine well--it will be pretty sticky at this point.

3. Stir in the milk and oil until well combined.

4. Add the chocolate chips, vanilla, and whatever other mix-ins you'd like.

5. Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave, or 4 minutes in a 700 watt oven. The cake will puff up in the mug while it bakes, but don't panic--it will deflate when you remove it from the heat. Note: If you are worried about spillage, or if you are using a smaller mug and it is looking pretty full, err on the side of caution and put a plate beneath the mug--this will save you possible cleanup woes later.

Top the cake with confectioners' sugar or frosting or ice cream if you'd like, as well as any candy or garnish you'd like (I used candied ginger); you can either eat it straight from the mug, or turn it out onto a plate to enjoy.

ilive2craft2
April 9th, 2014, 09:44 PM
I wish you were closer - I would share my fudgy brownies with you...lol

We are a cruel bunch, aren't we? :)

EmmaB
April 9th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Hateful, just hateful! LOL I'm wanting like Hershey kisses kinda chocolate. I'm eating an apple with some peanut butter and I hope that makes it go away.

cyndiofthevortex
April 9th, 2014, 09:53 PM
I have both the Hershey's Hugs and Hershey's Kisses. I keep them hidden away for the grandkids. I put them around in my fabric cupboard when they come over and they always ask, is there a candy cupboard today, grammie? I always say, no, it's just an ordinary cupboard full of fabric. Then they know to run to it. One a day seems to really satisfy them. It's an easy way to be Super Grammie.

pcbatiks
April 9th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Have you tried Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh.......I guess this isn't helping! :D

An apple..........puuullllleeeaasssee.......we are talking about chocolate here!

kensington
April 9th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Bummer, all I have is Reese's Peanut Butter cups, and Devils food cookies.

But, when I want that fast hit to the system for chocolate, I go for the Chocolate Coke. Yummmy! :icon_heh:

cyndiofthevortex
April 9th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Dunkin Donuts was what I called a "panic attack in a cup." Worth it. And they stopped serving it now that winter is over! It gives me something to look forward to next December...

Miss Sheri
April 9th, 2014, 10:02 PM
A ny chocolate chips around to snitch?

EmmaB
April 9th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Hateful, just hateful! :icon_shake:

BobW
April 9th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm craving Reese's Peanutbutter Eggs! And I don't have any in the house.

EmmaB
April 9th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I prefer Snicker eggs this time of the year. They're a glob of awesomeness!

I think my apple may have cut down that craving and was certainly lots better for me. While it's at bay I think I'll retire and read. Then off to sleepville where I won't think about chocolatey goodness.

Night good people!

Pandabear
April 9th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I keep Nestle Quick in the house and have a glass of chocolate milk whenever a craving hits and there is no candy in the house.

auntiemern
April 9th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Oreo's are my go to....or Dove dark chocolate. Karen, love the cake in a cup recipe....will have to try that one.

MayinJerset
April 10th, 2014, 12:04 AM
The past month DH had been slipping some chocolates in the shopping cart and last week I told him No More Chocolate in the house as we shouldn't be eating it. Guess we are meant to eat chocolate as we received a package from a friend and she slipped in a few little Godiva chocolate eggs and a little box of Godiva chocolates. We finished the little eggs during the week and somehow I think the little box will be opened tonight. You gals are so bad for awakening my sweet tooth.

pcbatiks
April 10th, 2014, 12:11 AM
I keep Nestle Quick in the house and have a glass of chocolate milk whenever a craving hits and there is no candy in the house.

Love Nestle Quik..........I'm about to have a glass right now! Have you tried it with crushed ice in it..........yummy!

I just had to check back in to see how much we were helping Sharon with her chocolate craving! :icon_woot:

JCY
April 10th, 2014, 12:13 AM
I restocked my sugar free candy today when I was at WM. It's mostly choc. However, it's not calorie-free or fat-free, so I have to limit myself. JCY

Lilly
April 10th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Thank you so so much for not adding the nutrition information. I'm hungry for cherry chocolate cake and I have a jar of trader joe's cherries in the fridge. Maybe not tonight but oh it does sound good. Thanks for the recipe!

Auntpiggylpn
April 10th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I'm craving Reese's Peanutbutter Eggs! And I don't have any in the house.

I bought a bag of them this past weekend! Reese's Peanut Butter Cups has been my favorite candy since I was at least 5 yo. Don't think I will be breaking that 42 year streak anytime soon! I also got a bag of the Dove Milk Chocolate eggs - they are heavenly!!!!

Ok, now I gave to get out of bed and go get some from the candy cabinet!!!!

kensington
April 10th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Thank you so so much for not adding the nutrition information. I'm hungry for cherry chocolate cake and I have a jar of trader joe's cherries in the fridge. Maybe not tonight but oh it does sound good. Thanks for the recipe!

Have you ever made the Chocolate covered Cherry cookies? They are so good... it might be a sin.

kensington
April 10th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Oh... a favorite of mine... Lindor Truffles. Indeed.

Miss Sheri
April 10th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I'm a huge Dove milk chocolate fan too. Just a little taste of heaven, oh yeah!

Lilly
April 10th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Have you ever made the Chocolate covered Cherry cookies? They are so good... it might be a sin.
Sounds too good, Kensington. Can you post the recipe? YUMMMY

Lilly
April 10th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Oh... a favorite of mine... Lindor Truffles. Indeed.

These pictures should be against the law!

EmmaB
April 10th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Love Nestle Quik..........I'm about to have a glass right now! Have you tried it with crushed ice in it..........yummy!

I just had to check back in to see how much we were helping Sharon with her chocolate craving! :icon_woot:

Sharon helped herself by going to sleep early!! LOL
I slept like a rock and woke up about 6 (which is a little late for me) all puffy eyed this morning! It cured my chocolate craving!!!

jsmetcalf
April 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Hateful, just hateful! LOL I'm wanting like Hershey kisses kinda chocolate. I'm eating an apple with some peanut butter and I hope that makes it go away.

Ok - I can honestly say that when I crave chocolate I never think, "Well, thankfully I have an apple and some peanut butter! That should fix my craving! " My husband has been known to shave off pieces of the brick of baking chocolate when he craves chocolate. Of course, he is the baker in the family (culinary trained) so he usually just goes into the kitchen and bakes something. I'm a lucky girl!!!!!

Pandabear
April 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=pcbatiks;506155]Love Nestle Quik..........I'm about to have a glass right now! Have you tried it with crushed ice in it..........yummy!

No. But my kid will make hot chocolate with it, then put it in the fridge to cool down. I say that's just cold milk with Nestles! He insists it tastes different. Boys are weird.

Sharon, glad you craving subsided. Even if you had to go to sleep to make it happen.

EmmaB
April 10th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Ok - I can honestly say that when I crave chocolate I never think, "Well, thankfully I have an apple and some peanut butter! That should fix my craving! " My husband has been known to shave off pieces of the brick of baking chocolate when he craves chocolate. Of course, he is the baker in the family (culinary trained) so he usually just goes into the kitchen and bakes something. I'm a lucky girl!!!!!

Apples and bananas were the only "sweet" thing in the house. Once I get home from work and change into my comfy clothes I do not venture back out. If I would keep my cupboards stocked, I would have at least had some powdered sugar and cocoa handy and could have whipped me up some frosting!!! That would have done the trick for sure!! Oh well, my bad. You can bet a few of my $$ will be spent on some chocolate today. :)

Jackiegross
April 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
melt cocoa powder, sugar, and butter to a boil and boil for about 4-5 min stirring then let cool....best choc syrup...pour over crackers.................

Jackiegross
April 10th, 2014, 12:54 PM
this I agree with.....
I made something like this for Christmas....was good but NOT Lindor's good.
Jackie

kensington
April 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Sounds too good, Kensington. Can you post the recipe? YUMMMY

Just to let you know, I posted the recipe in the recipe section! Enjoy!