PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Greetings - for those missing the camel commercials

Blondie
April 9th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Hey there, it's Wednesday Folksies!

I am soooo happy that it is Wednesday, even if it is my Sunday, so to speak. Yesterday Josh finally had the offending teeth removed. I sat in the dr office from 7:45 until 1:30. Even though he had an appointment, it was considered an urgent work in, since we only made the appt last week. It appears his wisdom teeth have been the biggest offenders. He needed these molars pulled to make room for the wisdom teeth. He will ultimately need his wisdom teeth removed as well. He finally looks like himself again.

I am going to leave you with this story :

Once upon a time there was a very handsome male camel named Alfred
with two huge camel humps.

He fell in love and married
a beautiful female camel named Marie, who had one perfect camel hump.

As time progressed, they became
the proud parents of a wonderful
baby boy camel, born with no humps.

They contemplated long and hard
on what to call their beautiful little boy.

They finally decided on ...
are you ready for this???

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

Humpfree

Are you smiling yet? Blessings to each one here.

bkthomas
April 9th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Good Morning All!

Cute story Blondie....glad your son is doing better now!

This reminds me of a cut little story about my youngest DGD, Morgan.
She asked me one day, "Grandma, do you know what day it is?! (It was not a Wednesday) I said Friday....or whatever day it was.....and she said in a very low voice.....HUMP DAAAAAY ....OH YEAH!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
April 9th, 2014, 07:05 AM
That one is pretty lame, Blondie, but I still laughed!!!hahaha

Bubby
April 9th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Good Morning,

Jeff and I had a rough day yesterday replacing a water heater in our home. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. We still have water coming up through the concrete where the water heater sits. We may have to jack hammer up the floor if the water doesn't stop. Jeff thinks the old WH was leaking for a while before I noticed it. I have an awful mess to clean up.

I'm a little behind on forum happenings so I will wish everyone a good day and read a few posts. Hugs...

EmmaB
April 9th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Tee Hee! Thanks for the chuckle this morning Blondie!

Looking forward to some sunshine today as the last two days have been rainy and dreary. While out with my puggies yesterday, I noticed the Dogwood blooms are fixin to pop. They are so pretty when they are in bloom. It would be great to see some grass growing in my front yard. I threw out some seed last Tuesday and its some good showers so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. On the bright side, I won't have to mow there. The crew that took down the tree beside my house really did a number on it with their equipment.

Worked the election last night which is always a good time and didn't get home until after 9:00. It wasn't a huge election so there wasn't as much to do. One of the ladies always brings goodies and I ate more than I should.

I may be getting a 2nd job not sure yet. It will only last until the end of 2014. I may know more about it today. I'm a little excited about it and nervous at the same time. I'm sure it will cut into my quilting time but the pay is great and it could open some other doors in the future. Gotta make hay while the sun shines right?

DD called me yesterday and reported her last day is May 8. I'm so excited for her. She possibly has a job lined up when after she passes her cosmetology test. Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

Finally managed to get my block for Josefine's quilt sent to Megan yesterday. I peeked at Klasien's pics on Show &Tell and it's just going to be a great quilt. I was going to wait until a pic was posted of the completed quilt, but I couldn't stand it. This forum is such a great place to be and I hope to take part in some other projects in the future.

So that's my world today. Have a tremendous Wednesday everyone!

Iris Girl
April 9th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I laughed out loud. Glad your son is doing better. My day off today no work , no classes...So I am stripping the bed and washing everything down to the mattress pad. Have a great day all!

GrammaBabs
April 9th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Good One... off to Water Aerobics!!!!
No weight lost,,, but state of mind is great... proud of getting up and getting going by 7 for 8:30 class!! A first for me, since retirement!!!:)

Monique
April 9th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I have a WOMAN'S COLD. I coughed most of the night and just feeling blah!! I tried to make those placemats yesterday. The first one was okay but the second one was terrible, so I stopped.

It is a beautiful sunny day here today. I don't think today will be very productive for me.

Have a great day everyone.

buckeyequilter
April 9th, 2014, 08:57 AM

Good morning.....

Monique....be glad it's not a MAN'S COLD....you would be in bed for at least 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks recuperating from being in bed.

Not much going on for me....in the evening, binding a quilt, have another waiting and putting blocks together for an Irish Chain.

Cute story Blondie :)

Well better get back to work. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs

aliaslaceygreen
April 9th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Oh, that was BAD Blondie!! Still laughing!
Looks like it may be sunny here today. Dunno yet. I work mid today, and then will be visiting my MIL in the hospital.

It's my turn to ask for warm healing thoughts and prayer on her behalf, and for my DH, who is not taking things well. His mom was DX with leukemia yesterday. She is 80 and in ill health generally, and the meds they are trying...well, she had to sign consent forms because there are possible fatal side effects...
So, it seems like its going to be a tough couple of weeks/months coming up for us...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) ))) to anyone else who needs one....

Racing Nana
April 9th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Monique, I too have the Woman's Cold....got it from the DH. So no work for me for a couple of days.

I don't do sitting around feeling miserable too well, so I have started on a baby quilt for one of the girls at work.

I'm not very pretty right now though, as sewing with tissues shoved in my nose, I swear, defies the law of physics.

Oh well, shouldn't complain, it's my first cold in 4 years.

You all have a good day and keep quilting.

Mpyles
April 9th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Morning all! Gonna be a beautiful day here in southwest Missouri! Well aside from the pesky job I have to go to...lol. Finished up the baby quilt last night.

Blondie....too funny! Trish, prayers for your mother in law and DH. I understand, my DH's mother is 91 and has not been well lately.

Everyone have a great day!

MayinJerset
April 9th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Spring must really be here as the sun is shining, our pear tree is in bloom and those pesky wild onions are popping up in the garden. Oh Blondie, I loved the camel story. Any mention of camels always reminds me of when we were at the zoo and I noticed that one camel didn't have any humps, that is until it turned around and the humps was hanging down. Guess the camels have the same problems we older gals have, LOL!

While going through my quilting closet I came across a box with postcards from a long ago swap. Enjoyed going through them and decided to use them as mug mats at my computer. Today's mug mat is a pretty one with lots of pink and gold fancy stitches. It's message was from Jean who lived in Darwen, a mill town surrounded by moors at the edge of the breathtaking Ribble Valley an hour away from the Lake District in England. I think I'm going to enjoy reading and using my new mug matts.

Monique and Lynn hope your Mother Colds get better and good thoughts for Trish's MIL. May

EnumclawGramma
April 9th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Good Morning. Wednesday already?! Whoa. I don't know where the days go....

Yoga today. I'm really looking forward to it. I love this class! DH is going with me again on Monday....he's taking the day off work for his birthday. My yoga class kicks his butt which makes me feel awesome! Finally something I can do that doesn't come easily for him.

I am in the process of making curtains for my kitchen for Spring/Summer. I love that I can do this seasonally and have something new and fresh in there! It's a change I can make that costs nothing and really is a lift. Subtle changes like that are good.

Blondie, that story is too cute! I LOL'd!! Love ya girlfriend! Thank you for a much needed giggle!

Barb, sorry about your water heater. Isn't it always something? The water heater is one of my big fears in my house. That and the roof. Oh, and the deck that needs painting and fixing. And then there's the ........ always something!

Trish keeping your MIL and DH in prayer today. This is hard. Healing and comfort, please Lord!

And that's it for now! Hugs and Prayers for everyone if ya need em'! Have a wonderful day.

LynneLeavell
April 9th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Blondie I just love your post. You always make me chuckle in some sort of way or another. Well this is a real short week for me. Hubs and I took off Monday to get some things done around the house (did not happen) and then Friday and Saturday I will be at a Quilt retreat at a local quilt store in my area.

I'm glad your son is doing better Blondie.

Prayers going out to those who need them and to those who don't. Have a great day and a great rest of the week.

WendyI
April 9th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Blondie you do have a rare gift...I smile every time I read a post from you. Thank you.

Trish I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL...it's so hard when older family members are ill.

The sun is FINALLY shining here and the grocery store has icicle pansies for sale....a sure sign of spring for me...AT LAST! Woke up to snow on the ground yesterday so not getting my hopes too high! BUT I am sitting here with the window open and can hear the birds singing which is such a nice sound.

Having some pretty intense anxiety today so just trying to relax a bit and surf for patterns. Hope you all have sunshine today or soon wherever you are. ((((HUGS))))) to those who need them. xox

redcaboose1717
April 9th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Blondie.....what a great way to start out my afternoon to go shopping !!!

Jo-Ann's has patterns ...and a Senior Citizen ( 20% ) Discount ( which ( BOO HOO ) I am not old enough for .....gotta wait one more year. Watch, when I reach the big 6 0 the rules will change, and it will be 65 yrs old for discounts !!! :(

So those of you who are of "age" to get the discount and have a Jo-Ann Fabrics near you.....have fun !!!

toggpine
April 9th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the start to our day Blondie!

I have a dentist appointment today too. I wish it was to pull the broken molar, but they want to "look" at it first. Ugh!

It certainly seems that April is being difficult for so many of us in large and small ways. My heart and prayers go out to you all. I guess we'll just keep stitchin' until we've fixed things up the best we can.

Hugs, Cathy

auntiemern
April 9th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Ok, so it is noon, and I am just now getting here. Blondie, as always, you make me smile....even when it's hard. I haven''t been sleeping well for a while (trying to not take meds to sleep). I have an over active brain...that will NOT shut off. The more stress..the worse it is. The less I sleep, the more stress...cuz it effects my body in a negative way. A vicious circle. Fibro flaring, lupus flaring, skin issues....ughhhh. Any one with these issues know your body HAS to rest to recuperate. Broke down, and called to get a re fill on my sleep meds. I told DH I was gonna have a pity party for me today....and then be done with it.
I did start on a falling charms quilt yesterday, that I am hoping to finish putting together today. Can't sandwich and quilt....waiting on batting I ordered. I do have a pinwheel quilt that I am primitive stitching that I need to get finished too.
Enough whining from me. Hugs and blessings to all....Prayers for those in need. So sorry Trish to hear about your MIL.

Granny Judy
April 9th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I'm finally getting here today. Was up early and out cleaning up the yard since the weather has been too nice to stay house bound. Finally got over that bout with medication. Another one to add to the allergies list. Most of them are antibiotics.

Got a big smile from Blondie's post...as always she gives a lift to my day. Prayers to others who are going thru some rough times and those having household items break. Had a few happen to me and it is no fun!

Marilyn, I hope you can get some relief soon,,, I went thru a period of insomnia til I got my thyroid under control. NO FUN!!!

Ginny B
April 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Blondie, cute one. It did make me smile. :)

Trish, so sorry to hear about your mil. Prayers for you all as you are dealing with this. And Barb, you certainly did have a rough day. Hope it can get fixed soon.

Shirley, I loved that Bob Ross cartoon. He was like the adult's Mr. Rogers. Such a calming voice.

Sorry to hear about so many of us having colds. Get rest all of you, drink lots of fluids and maybe sit in some sunshine if you have the opportunity where you are so you can get back to quilting without sniffling.

Sharon, good luck with the possible 2nd job. If you want it, I hope you get it. I found out today that I have an interview on Friday morning for a different position that I applied to at work myself. Wish me luck with that.

Sleep tight everyone