PDA

View Full Version : All Alone Tonight

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2014, 01:30 AM
I think most of the Night Owls have been working in their gardens or clearing away their property so at night they fall asleep quickly and stay asleep all night long. So I'll say 72942

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Not tonight.

I can't say a whole lot right now, but if you have a few extra minutes in your day, will you say a few prayers for two little boys who are going to be away from everyone they know for the next 72 hours.
This is tearing the hearts out of our family. We know they are safe, BUT.

Hopefully by Friday they will be with GranMom & Pops until this is over.

I'll probably be up sewing for awhile....

dwil23
April 8th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Not tonight.

I can't say a whole lot right now, but if you have a few extra minutes in your day, will you say a few prayers for two little boys who are going to be away from everyone they know for the next 72 hours.

Absolutely. (((HUGS))) and prayers for all involved.

May, I'm up, but not because I want to be!

Miss Sheri
April 8th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I'm still up too, but not for much longer. Just sending a hug and a prayer to each of you, my friends.

stationarymom
April 8th, 2014, 02:54 AM
I'm up too. I just get here much later than everyone else. prayers on their way.

auntiemern
April 8th, 2014, 03:06 AM
I haven't been sleeping much at all. To much on my mind I guess. So sorry for what you all are going through Cathy. Think about them being safe, maybe that will ease your mind. Prayers for all that are having difficulties in their lives. It has GOT to get better.

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Thank you all.

Marilyn, We know they are safe. We hope that they ended up someplace like Cindy's daughter's home, where they will be cared for for a few days until they can be placed with family.
The thing is CPS called at 4 PM and wanted to know if we'd take the kids. Hubby & I had already discussed it, and GS was a no-brainer. We didn't know his brother had bruises too. We didn't realize that the half-brother had no one who would take him, and they were unwilling to split the boys up. I wanted to be on the same page with Hubby before I agreed, AND I had to get my daughter off the school bus. By the time I called back (maybe 10 minutes) and said we'd take both boys, they had changed their minds. After speaking with our son, I don't believe they intended to place them with family for 72 hours from the beginning.

When this is over, I have a few words for the supervisor, but I'm not yanking that chain until both boys are some place permanently.

Now to go through the house readjusting things to 14 month-old safety standards. Dang.

auntiemern
April 8th, 2014, 04:03 AM
Been there Cathy when Gabe was abused. We had our entire loves turned upside down. I have to say though that DFS was really lenient with us doing everything in their time frame. We had both the girls, but Gabe was in the hospital, so it was much harder for me to follow their schedule. By law they were supposed to have physicals within 24 hrs and it was over a week before I managed to get them done. They were very good about all of it. I think part of that had to do with the fact that they knew my daughter had nothing to do with any of it...but they had to initially take custody of all the kids because they didn't know until they finished their investigation. I feel for you having to go through all of this. I am so very thankful for all of you that the boys were not severely injured. I know that isn't much consolation considering what they have been through. Hang in there, and I will pray for all of you. It is a tough situation to be in.

Sheena
April 8th, 2014, 04:45 AM
I hope they're ok. Will they come to live with you?

I slept like a log last night because I collected a new tenant from the station and settled her into her room. I showed her where the shops are, and the bus station and the path that takes a shortcut to the train station. She's only young and has come the England from France to do an internship for a month.

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I know it could have been much worse. (I kept thinking of Gabe.)
I do understand why they kept the boys. But, why put us and my future DIL's parents into a tail spin to come get them NOW, or else. Then say "Never mind." Maybe in three days. Grrr.

I think they will be alright. It seems like we are the first choice since we have the most child friendly home. At the moment, I think we are the only ones that agreed to take both boys. According to my son, there weren't many options available. IF approved, we'll be temporary custodians until this is finished.
We had a talk over dinner tonight, and son is going to petition for full custody. Depending on what happens, he and his fiance are even willing to take the other child to keep him from going in the system. (The maternal side of this qualifies as a Jerry Springer episode.)
I'm having some serious speaks with the Lord over this one.

pcbatiks
April 8th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Cathy.....this makes my heart hurt for you'll and those little boys......will continue praying.

tennesseesews
April 8th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Praying for all involved

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Cathy, Just catching up this morning with your post. Prayers for the safety and well being of those 2 little boys and that the right decision is made and they will be with your DS and DIL.

EmmaB
April 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Wow, toggpine, my heart dropped when I read your words:

We didn't know his brother had bruises too.

Many prayers to you and your family.

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Thank you all again, it really does mean a lot to have your prayers and good thoughts coming our way.

After I get Em on the bus I have a few errands to run and then some serious sewing to do to get a couple of blankies made before they need to be use for snuggling.

Hugs, C

WendyI
April 8th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Cathy it breaks my heart to think that your wee loved ones are going through this. HOW can anyone harm a wee child?! I just canNOT comprehend that! Children are such awesome, wonderful little beings that just love everyone. I hope whoever hurt them pays...and pays big! I did a criminology course and I can tell you that people who hurt children and go to prison have very, very difficult lives! RIGHTFULLY SO!

Sending a LOT of ((((HUGS))))) your way. Can you tell us the ages of the children and did you say there are two but one is not your grandchild?

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Wendy,
Our grandson is 2.5 and his half-brother (different father) is 14 months.

Our son found out his ex-girlfriend was pregnant after they had broken up. (Yes to paternity testing.) His son was born and 8 months later she was pregnant again by a different guy, whom she married. She moved away with him and returned w/o him a month or so later. Her second son was born and she found this boyfriend somewhere along the way. Last I heard the divorce wasn't final either. They haven't been able to locate baby daddy #2, and he had tried to deny the boy was his. (Again with the DNA thing.) My guess is he will gladly surrender parental rights.

Our son is going to file for full custody in light of this. He has even said that if there isn't anyone to take the other boy, and mom can't, that they will, and keep the brothers together. This is eating him and his fiance up. He's handling this much better than I had expected. He has certainly grown up a lot in the last few years.

ilive2craft2
April 8th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Cathy, keeping you all in my prayers. Please let us know if you need anything - I know sometimes that the kids will come with just the clothes on their backs and nothing else - even when they go to a family member. So happy to hear how you/dh and your son and soon to be dil are thinking about the younger brother. Keeping them together will be beneficial for both of them.

Ginny B
April 9th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Oh my gosh, I hope these boys can get settled in soon. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you and your family as you deal with this.

toggpine
April 9th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes, prayers, and the generous offers.

We still have most of the necessary baby-type furniture either at our son's or out in our shop. We are being proactive and getting the supplies staged here. If it isn't us, we can at least take the items to whomever, as we are not restricted from seeing the boys.

Thankfully our kids thought ahead, and had GS's diaper bag well packed before they went to the meeting. They will have his stuffed puppy and more clothes in a duffle ready for the court date. I'm not so sure his brother was so lucky. I did stop at the thrift store today and picked up two pair of pants & shirts, just in case. They are all washed and waiting along with the cutest floppy stuffed rhino.

I also want to say thanks to Cyndi for some sound advice and excellent suggestions.

Now it's just the waiting....

Hulamoon
April 9th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Oh my. I wasn't really understanding the story very well :( My thoughts are with you. It seems a lot of us are going through some tough stuff right now. :(

(((hugs)))

bkthomas
April 9th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Not tonight.

Oh Cathy, so sorry to hear this! I just now read through this whole thread.....how very sad.....continuing prayers.....

Madeforyouinma11
April 10th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I too just read all about this...this is so sad. Prayers being sent that everything works out for you to take the boys.