PDA

View Full Version : Hit me like a ton of bricks

wglwrm
April 7th, 2014, 10:48 PM
One week ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thursday, I found out I will have a complete mastectomy. I thank God for great friends, family and insurance.
Most the time I feel sad, but I'm strong and know I'll get through this.
Positive note, I will be home a lot, and maybe get some of those pesty UFO's done.

IBake
April 7th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Oh sweetie---

What a week you have had. Know that I will have you in my prayers..... IF you get your UFOs done I have some that I would be glad to share with you for awhile....

Jean Sewing Machine
April 7th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Prayers and hugs! You have a strong positive attitude that will carry you through this journey!

janluna
April 7th, 2014, 11:00 PM
We will keep you in our prayers and on our prayer chain. God Bless you!
Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

MRoy
April 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM
You'll be in my prayers. Your positive attitude will help you so much.

BobW
April 7th, 2014, 11:04 PM
What a week. I can't imagine being diagnosed with cancer. I will keep you in my thoughts and know that there will be a great deal of positive energy directed your way from everyone on this forum. Take care of yourself.

Kgrammiecaz
April 7th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Keep your great attitude strong, prayers and hugs are always here for you. Sending blessing for a speedy recovery. On a lighter note, we could all send you something to keep busy ;). Stay here with us

HandsOffItsMine
April 7th, 2014, 11:15 PM
That shock hits you hard, was there last June. Kept my TaTa, had surgery with radiation treatment. Things look good. Blessed with family and friends and by God.

Know that you will be in my prayers and will be sending healing light to you. Sad that you have joined our sisterhood here on The Forum. Reach out to me anytime if you feel the need, you have a good, positive attitude which is very important to make it through. I shared my TaTa treatment here, it was an outlet for me with my M* family and friends.

Huggers, Ruby

ilive2craft2
April 7th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Wow - what a week! Happy to send you some of my ufo's if you run out of stuff to keep you busy. Keep up the great attitude. You are in my prayers.

Simply Quilting
April 7th, 2014, 11:26 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} and prayers.

Mpyles
April 7th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Prayers and positive energy for you!

Shirley
April 8th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Thinking of you - hugs!

auntiemern
April 8th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Praying for a possitive outcome. Keep the faith and stay possitive...that is half the battle.

MayinJerset
April 8th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Adding my prayers for you and a good outcome and that you can keep yourself going during this difficult time. Come here to share, weep, laugh and rant we're always ready to listen.

Jewel
April 8th, 2014, 01:22 AM
My prayers going out to you stay strong!
Jewel

toggpine
April 8th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Prayers for your journey through this.
I'm not that far away, so if you need more thread for that pile of UFO's, I can run some by when I come through T-town.

stationarymom
April 8th, 2014, 03:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. remember to keep your attitude as pos. as possible that's half your battle. don't forget to ask and allow others to help when necessary so you can rest and heal. i wish you all the best and keep someone informed when you can you have quite the force right here.

kensington
April 8th, 2014, 04:12 AM
I'm a cancer survivor. I had kidney cancer and I survived, with one kidney I am still here and kicking... Cancer free three years now. Hubby took me to Disney World for my 3rd year birthday this year! I'm still here, I'm strong and I'll be praying for you.

God Bless you and keep you... May He cause the sun to shine upon you. Be healed and restored healthy and strong when it's done.

easyquilts
April 8th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Oh, so sorry.... I've been there, but did not have a mastectomy, so I really can't speak to that, but is understand the fear and uncertainty you feel.

The nurses recommended going to breastcancer,org, amd is highly recommend it. It is a wonderful community, and you will find nit only great support, but you'll find the answers to your questions. These ladies literally walked with me through the whole experience.....

When is your surgery scheduled? Please keep us up to date..... We will all be praying not only got you, but for your doctors, nurses, technicians, and anyone else involved in your care....

Sheena
April 8th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Here's wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.

rebeccas-sewing
April 8th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Many of us will be praying for you. Stay as busy as you can to keep your mind off your worries. Let us know when you'll be having your surgery.

Carol336
April 8th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Adding my prayers, good thoughts and Ditto Ditto Ditto what everyone else has said...It sounds like you have a positive attitude....that and prayer will help get you through.
{{{{HUGS}}}}

dwil23
April 8th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Prayers here as well.

Please keep us posted.

Bubby
April 8th, 2014, 06:49 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for your surgery and recovery. Let us know how you are doing when you can. A positive attitude is a very good thing. Hugs...

Iris Girl
April 8th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Healing wishes, thoughts and positive energy coming your way for a speedy recovery.

rarerosered
April 8th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Thoughts and prayers, Hugs

grannyann
April 8th, 2014, 09:48 AM
What shocking news for you. My thoughts and prayers for you and I will be thinking of you on Thursday. May God Bless you. Keep your positive attitude. All of us here are supporting you with prayers and good thoughts.

JCY
April 8th, 2014, 09:51 AM
May you sense God's peace & comfort through this tough experience. Hugs & prayers. JCY

GrammaBabs
April 8th, 2014, 09:56 AM
We are all here and praying, sending positive vibes your way... I have 2 BFF's that just went thru their radiation.. diagnosed within 5 days of each other.. they were lucky,, early finding... but it touches us all...Best Wishes to you GF... you have a good attitude.. we all must be greatful here, those of us that have been lucky, and pray for those that must battle..

Slokarma
April 8th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Wow. That is a hit. You are the 2nd woman this week that has told me this.

I pray that you get everything you need to make a successful recovery.
I hope you will keep us informed.

Sue

Grandma G
April 8th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Adding my prayers to everyone else's prayers. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way as well.

dizzyLiz
April 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I will keep you in my prayers. Be strong friend, Huggs

EmmaB
April 8th, 2014, 11:19 AM
So sorry to hear this. I'm not familiar with you but from what the other forum members have posted it sounds like you have a positive attitude and good support to see you through.

Best wishes and prayers to you.

buckeyequilter
April 8th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Prayers coming your way.

SallyO'Sews
April 8th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the Forum! Please know that their are MANY cancer survivors here (including me! :) ), and many others who have gone through the whole ordeal with loved ones. Be encouraged; we are praying for you! And please, feel free to share your victories, stories, fears, and rants with us any time. You will find lots of broad shoulders among your quilty friends, and we would love to offer you one or several.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

LorraineRob
April 8th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Terrible news for you. I'm so very sorry but your attitude seems to be really good and positive. Hang on in there hun.

Mimis-quilts
April 8th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Sorry for your bad news...like everyone else...prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

sewbizzy
April 8th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

simply suzie
April 8th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Hang in there! I was diagnosed with breast cancer on my 40th bday. I had a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. Thankfully the cancer was contained within the ducts so I did not have chemo or radiation. It is definitely life altering and I still think about it every single day and I will be 46 tomorrow. You can get through this. Stay strong!

WendyI
April 8th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I am so terribly sorry you are going through this. So glad you have close friends and family to help you through this...so important for you.

Monique
April 8th, 2014, 08:34 PM
I have had a mastectomy myself so I know what you are going through. Positive attitude is the only way to get through it.

Ahamblin
April 8th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Keeping you in my prayers.

lawork1211
April 10th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Keep your spirits up! You would be surprised how much a great attitude can help. Both my Mom and one of my very close friends have had this done. My Mom looked at it as a fast weight loss! She complained to the Dr when she only lost 6 pounds. She thought it would be a lot more as big as she was! My friend Nancy had it several years ago. She also asked the Dr why she didn't loose any weight afterward. The Dr told her that should tell her what she started with.

One thing you should really think about is reconstruction and how important it is to you. My Mom went with prostetics in a custom bra. My friend Nancy went with reconstruction and made sure to tell my Mom why she would never do it again. They are not done by a cosmetic surgeon. One is bigger than the other, if she sleeps on her side they flatten for hours and she says it is like having an uncomfortable underwire bra on that you can never take off. Before my Mom made her decision, she talked to A LOT of people who had been there and done that. It helped her feel comfortable wit her decision. She has now been cancer free for a year and a half.

When talking with other women about this it was funny how the divide was on going for a full double M or not. The decision went according to cup size (ha! ha!) The larger chest women said go for it! Get them off. You will feel better and forget the reconstruction, they only get in the way and cause back pain. The smaller chested women said to go for it, but get the reconstruction.

Jackiegross
April 10th, 2014, 12:36 PM
You are in my prayers and positive thoughts. We are a wonderful group of great listeners.

Wwena
April 10th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Oh, what a shock. I wish you strength and continued positive attitude through this ordeal!!