PDA

View Full Version : Let's get Wednesday rolling!

quiltingtrish
June 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
I tried to wait for someone to start today off, but I really need to get off this computer and start the day!
So proud of Katie last night at the Districts softball game. They won! Next week they head to States - can't wait for that! It was so durn HOT last night, I thought I would at least melt a few pounds off, but don't think that happened. That means I need to get back on the treadmill this morning.
The treadmill was whining and arguing with me but I just hung on to the handrails tighter in case it decided to throw me off. I don't care how noisy it gets, as long as it keeps going through the summer. Plus, I figure if I keep holding on tight, that might build up my arm muscles too! haha!
Sewing today! I'll have to double up my sewing time since I didn't get to it yesterday. I'm thinking I might pull out some of the bluework blocks that I need to start tracing. I have a bunch of Quilty Sue's and want to turn them into a quilt.
Well, off here until later. Have a super day!
Give someone a hug today.
Hugs,

Loonwatcher
June 1st, 2011, 08:48 AM
Hi Trish. Congrats to Katie and her team. Good luck at the States!

We're back to thunderstorms here today. Work for me. DH is gone to camp to meet the plumber. Hopefully I'll have running, hot and cold water next weekend when I go.

Have a great day,

quilter.martha
June 1st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Good morning to all!

Just got back from my morning walk. Gotta get it in while it's still cool. Temperature is supposed to hit 90 today. That's way too hot for my tastes.

Wednesdays I normally do volunteer work at my church, but today have the day off. So it looks like I'm going to help my daughter Kate paint her bedroom. I love to paint! It's a quick and easy way to freshen up a room without a whole lot of expense.

Have a great day everyone1

janluna
June 1st, 2011, 10:03 AM
Good morning! It was 94 here yesterday! A/C is going cause I can't stand the heat. Of course the electric bill won't be nice but today they are saying only 78 so I will shut off the A/C and open all the windows back up. Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs, Jan

Sandy Navas
June 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Trish, I'm so excited that you got to watch Katie and her team!! Sounds like Nancy, Martha and Jan are all suffering from the heat of the game / or heat of the day, too!! I love waking up when it is still cool out - 56 here - and the sky is bright blue and cloudless. Makes me feel like anything can be accomplished today.

Let's see - there are so many things that I need to be doing, but think I will continue on Rita's quilt - did make some more progress yesterday. I need to start getting ready for Friday's trip, too. I'm getting so excited about that. Need to make certain my camera battery is charged, the disc is empty, and it is readily available. I don't have hand work to take with me on the trip - guess I'll start a new book and see if I can read on a moving bus.

We're hoping the weather holds and we're able to get the pool opened next week. Wish we had a heater on it. The girls started swim team yesterday and came home exhausted. They are really putting them through a work out. They will be swimming 5 days a week. Plus they start tennis lessons this afternoon - they will be ready for bed at 6 p.m.

Okay, I'm out of here. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Thinking of all my quilty friends!!

llm161
June 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Happy Wednesday right back to everyone ! Here in Pa, it's hot, hot, hot and muggy to boot ! They are talking about thunderstorms this afternoon through the evening. My daylilies are starting to bud so it will look really pretty around here in just a bit.

Lola2Ace
June 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Good Morning everybody. I think it's going to be a bit cooler here. It's been in the 90's so a bit of a cool down is welcome. I've been getting just a bit of sewing in, finally cut those leftover strips from a piano key border into coins and am now sashing them. They are a bit wonky, I didn't know Jenny's tip of changing directions when I sewed the strips, but I think they will turn out pretty nicely in spite of the bit of bowing. It will make a great baby size quilt, and I am hoping to work up the courage to try fmq on it. I love the straight line quilting, but it sure is time consuming and I'm thinking fmq is a little bit quicker?? Repair guys are due any minute to replace the garage door opener that was hit by lightning last week and I just finished putting a beef roast with veggies in the crockpot so dinner will be a quick finish this evening. Wishing everybody a great day!

bakermom
June 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM
hot one here today too. i'm sitting on the porch swing in the shade with a big glass of iced tea. thinking about what i want to work on today. really need to post some pics of what i've been doing.

i'm now partially free- no longer have to use crutches, just hobble with my boot for a few more weeks. now I can go back to work on a limited basis.

pdjewelrylady
June 1st, 2011, 01:01 PM
hello everyone, been keeping really busy here with my jewelry business and other things so not on much - sorry.

The WiILD swap blocks are coming in and they are ALL wonderful! can hardly wait for the swap day to get here - YAY!!! The patrotic star swap is coming together - whoohoooooo !!! and the summer swap (think floral strips) will be posted soon - i promise :)

here in central Florida it is Hot Hot Hot and the wild fires are burning in our area. woke up yesterday morning and the house was filled with the smoke smell! peeeuuuuuuu !! Portable fans in every window! closed off my sewing room with stash fabrics completly - praying the smell doesn't get in there!!

Today is the first day of hurricane season (yikes!) and with the weather across the country as it has been we are battoning the hatches early. Husband is precutting plywood for the windows and laying in shelter supplies. It is a tedious task that no one enjoys and hope never has to be used. The big difference between tornado and hurricane is the waiting...... lalalalalala ;)

now for some good news - i have formed a small quilting group here and we are working on the Quilts for Kids project - have to get those pictures posted - they are so cute!! Also have a soon to be mom that has asked me to make a baby quilt for her - pretty pinks and chocolate coordinator rail fence. :) YAY! wondering if one of you ladies woud be able (willing) to make embroidered label with baby stats?

Sending ya'll bug hugs and Hope you all have a wonderful FUN day remember to hug your kids and kiss your husband twice! :)

RFREE
June 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM
Good day to yall too. I must say here it has been a busy one. After waiting a whole week the road department has finally made it to my house to clean up this big oak tree that was taken down by the storm. Being on a dead end road we are always the last on the list. I happen to know the main man over the road department so I knew he and his wife left out for North Carolina this morning so I couldn't resist poking a little fun at him.I text his wife and told her to tell her DH that his crew were finally here8:00a.m. to clean up the tree but one of them just offered my DH a cold beer!!!"When the cats away the mice will play". He thought that was real funny and later this morning he text me to see if I had fed his crew yet.ha ha (like thats gonna happen)Well I text back to say " Well Russel I would but they are all to drunk to eat right now and I hate to see grown men slobber and It is bad enough that I have to watch my husband drool over all these bikini clad women they brought with them this morning." So far I haven't heard back from him.I work with his wife and I am sure she has told him how crazy I am but can you imagine what must be going through his head right now??? ha ha I love it. Anyway no word from my x-ray yet.I hate this waiting game. I called and left a message about them calling me with results. Who nows when they will get around to it. Maybe I am being punished for jerking Russel around ya think???

toggpine
June 1st, 2011, 01:37 PM
Happy Wednesday!
Cool and grey here. They say we might see 70 by the weekend, perfect temperature! Nothing that exciting going on.
Today is another "Snack Mom" day for me in the preschool classroom. I'd say next time I'll pay more attention to the previous month's schedule, but these are the last two weeks of pre-school for us. Em starts Kindergarten next fall. This summer we will be working on writing her first and last name and numbers. She can write her first name really well, but the rest are a bit wobbly. I found a site that has free handwriting pages that you print and can laminate. Then with a dry erase marker the children can use them over and over. My favorite part about these sheets is that the letters are broken down into shapes that the kids can practice and then put together to make the letter. She calls it pre-writing and it warms up the muscle memory to create more accurate letters. I'm willing to give it a shot. I don't think it can hurt.
Gonna see if I can squeeze a bit of sewing in this morning before heading off to school to play with glue, glitter, tempra paint, playdough, and I think the sensory table has ground up corn cobs and rubber snakes! Yeah, stickin' with the glue and glitter!
Take care! Hugs, Cathy

Sandy Navas
June 1st, 2011, 01:54 PM
I had to take a breather and checked out to see what my friends are doing. Rhonda, you have my laughing about your texts to Russell. Keep him on his toes!! I'm not certain I could attack the sensory table with corn cobs and snakes either, Cathy!

Blondie
June 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/0091.gif

Good Afternoon Ladies
It's so hot right now, I am thankful to be home in A/C. Had to get a vehicle serviced this morning, then do the usual first of the month running. Mortgage is safe another month, new tires on the truck, some groceries purchased and flea pills for the animals, beauty supplies, hmmm, think that's it.

Sorry to have been such a bummer note last evening. Felt better when I got up this morning on the right side of the bed. LOL. Poor Luscious. He didn't know whether to kiss me goodnight or roll over on his side of the bed and hide. I was really hell-o on wheels yesterday afternoon. Only my Sissie could tolerate me. And Gracie, and Dinah. Even my Mom told me to stay at home and eat chocolate. LOL.

I think we will be picking our first squash of the season tonite or tomorrow. My hubs always gives the first pickings away. He used to give it to my folks but this year I think he will be giving it to a co worker we thinks highly of. Can hardly wait for him to come home and see how much they've grown overnight! As far as I am concerned that is the only good thing about summer. Growing a garden. The rest of the time, gimme A/C and sweet tea.

Have a great afternoon ladies!!!!!

SuzyQue
June 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
Scrubbed the back porch/mud room this morning. All sparkly....for now.....won't last long! Off to make new curtains from some stash I found. Bonus! The heat has arrived! Yeah! Summer and projects galore!

MaryB
June 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM
Hello Wednesday gals. Its Thursday morning here, the prettiest, prettiest Winter's morning. Am planning a walk in the hills later today before the cold sweeps in from the south. Snow is expected on the mountains at the weekend and the weekend after just happens to be a holiday here and the official start of the ski season. Our usually quiet little village will be jumpin' .

Mary B.

debinmalaga
June 1st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Good Morning everybody. I think it's going to be a bit cooler here. It's been in the 90's so a bit of a cool down is welcome. I've been getting just a bit of sewing in, finally cut those leftover strips from a piano key border into coins and am now sashing them. They are a bit wonky, I didn't know Jenny's tip of changing directions when I sewed the strips, but I think they will turn out pretty nicely in spite of the bit of bowing. It will make a great baby size quilt, and I am hoping to work up the courage to try fmq on it. I love the straight line quilting, but it sure is time consuming and I'm thinking fmq is a little bit quicker?? Repair guys are due any minute to replace the garage door opener that was hit by lightning last week and I just finished putting a beef roast with veggies in the crockpot so dinner will be a quick finish this evening. Wishing everybody a great day!

Lola, you have to YouTube Patsy Thompson, her FMQ tutorials are very good confidence builders. You really can do it! I haven't done much straight line quilting so can't compare it to FMQ on time, maybe someone else can.