PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Saturday

MayinJerset
April 5th, 2014, 10:44 AM
72743By the absence of posts this morning this cartoon fits most of us that need a little more time to be fully awake and ready for the weekend.

Nothing much planned for today except finishing binding a small quilt that I'll bring to Sunday's Guild meeting for Show and Tell and then donate it for our guild's quilt show mini raffles. Guest speaker is Marie Bostwick, a novelist who writes quilt themed books. My small quilt/book group read her "A Single Tread" last year and I'm going to ask her to sign my copy - that's something the gals who read it on their kindles can't do.

While at my Guild meeting on Sunday DH will be headed down to drop off 4 boxes of books at a local town's recreation center. I've been finding books I've forgotten about and am rereading many of them before giving them away. We've been trying to clear out some books we've had for years and no longer want but there are few places that will accept them. Our local library is part of the county wide system and although they still have several books sales a year they are not accepting any more books at this time.

Keeping Sandy and family in our thoughts for a quick and happy solution and good thoughts and prayers for our friends who are in need today. May

buckeyequilter
April 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM

Good morning....

Looks like it's going to be a nice day since the wind quit howling. I need to finish sewing binding to the front of a quilt, which I'm going to do in a few minutes.

Going to do birthday stuff with my DD later today. Other than that...nothing planned....lazy day for me!

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

GrammaBabs
April 5th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Off for a day with DD.. her MIL is in need of a house keeping day, she is in rehab... we will go for it!! then visit her..
All the while hoping and praying for our gal Sandy and family... just mind boggling to me..hope we hear something positive soon..

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM
It's only four so I don't know if its sunny yet:lol: I'm off to send some pkg's for some quilty friends and going to start on pillow cases. I had to go look at the tutorial again to remind me of the measurements. I'm using the French seam one by Crafty Gemini. I think I will make a few extra for the GK's for Christmas and get that out of the way. Can never start too early!

Thinking of Sandy (((hugs)))

Jean Sewing Machine
April 5th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone! It is sunny but chilly here today. But that's spring for you!

Woke up to a terrible racket on my roof, seems a passing woodpecker thought my metal chimney top needed some holes drilled in it! What was that crazy bird thinking?

I have several quilt projects waiting for my attention, so I have plenty to keep me busy. Hope to catch a local theatre show tonight!

Have a great day!

EnumclawGramma
April 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Good Morning! It looks like we may have a little sun today. Still too early to tell. I woke up before everyone else, as usual. Quiet morning. Going to get a cup of coffee and get caught up on some reading here. Keeping Sandy and Al in prayer today. Everyone have a wonderful day....hugs and prayers all 'round!

HandsOffItsMine
April 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Morning folks!

So nice to start a Saturday with a relaxing cup of coffee versus packing or moving! lol

Already put my PC/Monitor/Scanner/Wireless Printer together in my office. Will have to wait on my iMac set up as I need to get a narrower desk to put on for this room. Mr. Don will also need to add another wire shelving length to the closet to hold all my supplies and reference materials. His "Honey Do" list is growing, luckily he's a good sport and knows me well and already suggested most of these items as when we looked at the house. :)

After this break, I'm heading down to the sewing room to start setting up what I can. The cutting table and sewing desk/hutch need to be painted as I never got to them. Bad me! Hoping Donny Poo will feel bad for me tomorrow and help me. lol What can I bribe him with is the question?!? Maybe the prospect of an empty garage will be enough! hehe

Also need to take photos of the Cyber Elves Easter Pillowcases that came in this week. Looks like we will hit our target number of 500. So exciting! We'll be able to send the required numbers to all 8 of our hospitals. :) Will need to whip up the dozen pillowcases with Elf Janell's fabric to go Gloria's Help call for the children's new beds. What a great cause!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, we're thankful to be in our new house that we're turning into a home.

Prayers for those in need, huggers to all, Ruby and Don

Sixtop
April 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Happy Saturday!! I got up and worked out, then chores around the house. Now I'm off to get a pedicure! I hope to get some sewing done this afternoon but I'll probably end up napping before a poker tournament we have this evening. Then tomorrow is massages!! I haven't been this spoiled in a long time.

ilive2craft2
April 5th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Good Morning all! I have been up much earlier than usual for me on a Saturday - I had a bit of work to do today, but was able to do it from home in my jammies, while sipping a cuppa. It is done now, so trying to figure out what I want to do for the day. My sis called and there is some outside event today that she asked if I wanted to go to with her and the kiddos, but at the point she called, I said no. Now that work is done and I have more coffee in me, I just might change my mind! Sun is shining here, the wind is no longer howling, it will be a good day to get outside!

Got some packages in the mail yesterday - pc's to Ruby and my block to Klasien for Josephine's quilt. Need to finish up the other projects I have mid way done - quilts for PICU/NICU and stillborn bereavement. Also going to do a few pillowcases for Kensington's project - what a great cause!

Have 2 quilts up on the design wall as well, need to get moving on the baby one - he is due next week, but is their 3rd child and they thought they were going last week...

Hugs and prayers to all! Lisa

Sheena
April 5th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Sixtop - you lucky girl!

Got up at 6 am and started the chores. Breakfast at 9 then had to go and get a house ready for a tenant to move into on Monday night. I've jsut renovated it so all my tools, paint, laddders etc are still there. She'a only renting one room so I think I'll shove all the stuff in another room! I've got Sunday and Monday to finish so I went to the LQS and tried not to buy fabric but I did, just a bit though to complete my latest pinwheel.

Worrying about Sandy though. Can't find the start of her story. Hope she updates us all soon.

Hulamoon
April 5th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Sixtop - you lucky girl!

Got up at 6 am and started the chores. Breakfast at 9 then had to go and get a house ready for a tenant to move into on Monday night. I've jsut renovated it so all my tools, paint, laddders etc are still there. She'a only renting one room so I think I'll shove all the stuff in another room! I've got Sunday and Monday to finish so I went to the LQS and tried not to buy fabric but I did, just a bit though to complete my latest pinwheel.

Worrying about Sandy though. Can't find the start of her story. Hope she updates us all soon.

It's in this thread Sheena

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/general-chit-chat/36935-wednesday-greetings.html

Lonna
April 5th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Good Afternoon All,

Just got a small break so thought I would jump in here. Sounds like everyone has wonderful plans for the day. Me I am couting it down until 2 then my weekend starts.

May have a wonderful time! I really enjoyed reading all of the Marie Bostwick's books. Once I get start on an author seems I don't start until I have read all their books.

Jean your woodpecker must have a family member down here. We have one that for the past three years keeps coming back in order to wake us every morning with his pecking on our mobile home. Right in the corner of my bedroom seems as if he is right over my bed when he gets going.

Well another 45 minutes and then off to Hobby Lobby to pick up some fabric so I can get a couple of pillowcases made for Kensington. And of course it is unspoken that I will be keeping Sandy, Al and the family in my prayers and thoughts until we hear from Sandy. Have a great day my friends and do at least one thing today that makes you happy.

Ginny B
April 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Didn't have too much time this morning to check in. A friend of ds #2 was in visiting from Washington and my sister, dh and I went into the city to spend some time with her and the friend that came with her. DS joined us too. It was a bit windy but not too bad in most places. We went to a great place for lunch -- Katz delicatessen. (it was in the movie When Harry met Sally). Had a real nice lunch and then we went to meet ds at work and he joined us for a walk on the High Line. Great views of the city.

But I am sure tired now. I do have a bunch of sewing to do tomorrow but first I need to drop ds#1 and my granddog back home in Brooklyn. Then I will work on the pillowcases for Klaisen, a doggie raincoat for a friends' dog, a wallhanging for a friends new grandbaby and I want to start to put together a couple of tablerunners that dh cut out for me a few months ago. They are very springy. For now though, I am just going to rest.

Keeping Sandy and her family in my thoughts. Hoping for a swift, safe and happy conclusion to this situation.

quiltingtrish
April 5th, 2014, 11:14 PM
My dad had a woodpecker on a piece of metal atop his roof too one year. Drove him crazy. Too funny.

Did 3 out of 5 peoples taxes here today. For ours, after it was all done (federal, state, and local), we are ahead by $2.00. I promptly went to the store and bought DH a dollar box of Mike & Ikes and a dollar box of milk duds for me. Plus my car radio came on after only getting static for 2 months. It was a great day!

Katie is finally in Florida. She sounds good and already rubbing in the fact that she is enjoying palm trees and the beach. I told her not to get too sassy because before long she will be HOT HOT HOT in those marine uniforms down there.

Thinking and praying for Sandy and Al.

Hugs,

BobW
April 5th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Well I traveled south from home to meet a lady who does LAQ. She is a nice lady and I left my quilt top with her. She was recommended by Bubby (Barb), thanks Barb. There is a wonderful state park and trout hatchery about ten miles from the LAQ's home and we drove there and had lunch at the lodge.

This will be my first big quilt top to get quilted. It is a queen sized for my bed. I can't wait for it to be done. I hope it looks as good as I think it will. Since I have never put a binding on a large quilt, I'm having the LAQ'er put it on. I'm so excited!

Mpyles
April 5th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Well I traveled south from home to meet a lady who does LAQ. She is a nice lady and I left my quilt top with her. She was recommended by Bubby (Barb), thanks Barb. There is a wonderful state park and trout hatchery about ten miles from the LAQ's home and we drove there and had lunch at the lodge.

This will be my first big quilt top to get quilted. It is a queen sized for my bed. I can't wait for it to be done. I hope it looks as good as I think it will. Since I have never put a binding on a large quilt, I'm having the LAQ'er put it on. I'm so excited!

Did you go to the lucky dollar?

MayinJerset
April 6th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Oh Ginny, I know you enjoyed your lunch at Katz's. We haven't been there in awhile and I'm getting the desire for one of their huge juicy pastrami sandwiches. It's a must stop for many when in Manhattan. Love the sign - Send a Salami to your son in the Army.

BobW
April 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
We went to the lodge at Montauk State Park. What is the Lucky Dollar? We love to travel and find great places to eat out.

Mpyles
April 6th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Bob the lucky dollar is a great place to buy fabric according to my mother in law and barb here on the forum. I have yet to be there on any other day but Sunday...and they are closed on Sundays.

Btw ... Montauk is beautiful. We use to camp there a lot when the kids were little. Been a few years!