PDA

View Full Version : Quilting and Pregnancy update....

misty316
May 31st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Well I posted on here months ago to get help with baby name suggestions and several questions in the general quilting sections.
I have been working on some small projects, wish I had time to post pic for you. After the table runner I think I may have posted pic of. I did a play mat for my neices new baby. I have been working on a quilt for my baby. My version of the Dot to Dot that Natilie done on a turorial. It's made from Sugar Pop.
Anyway I bought a walking foot a few weeks ago, went to try on the play mat and it broke before the 1st stitch, just not meant to be I guess I had waited for the place to get it for over a month. Anyway I looked at a few more youtube hand quilting videos and tried that again. I hand quilted Paisley designs into each block except for the middle four I just followed the design on the block. It turned out pretty good.

So now I am more cofident to hand quilt the baby quilt for my baby. I am working on that and have the binding cut and still have to do that part to.

I went to the Dr. last Monday they say she is to small and he may induce today, my appt. is at 11:30. Doesn't look like I will finish the quilt in time. That's ok though, I will get back to it later, maybe.

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers. We are hoping to be holding
Karabeth Mayla in our arms soon. :)

GlendaSue
May 31st, 2011, 10:04 AM
Congratulations on the baby girl! Karabeth Mayla is a great name...she will enjoy it. You do know that most babies sleep a lot? You will have time to sit and watch her sleep while you quilt, at first that is. After a few weeks she will be much more demanding, but always make some time for yourself. That is where Dad's come into play!
By the way...size has a lot to do with our babies health but not everything. My husband back in 1941 was born prematurely, at home with only a midwife to help my mother in law. He weighed in at a whopping two pounds...no doctors, hospitals, monitors...nothing. He survived. Have faith and courage for your little one! She will be fine!

quiltingtrish
May 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Keeping you in my prayers today - give her a few extra hugs from us too!

Hugs,

bakermom
May 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
How exciting! I hope everything goes well for you today. My babies were all small-my biggest was 6lb 15oz- and he was 3 weeks early. all scored 10 on the APGAR test.
you'll get that quilt done, don't worry. you'll want to see how cute she looks wrapped up in it! good luck today, will keep you in my prayers.

Loonwatcher
May 31st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Good luck today. Don't forget to post pics of Karabeth Mayla. Don't worry about her size. My son was 6 weeks early and still weight 6.5 lbs. He was always in the bottom of his percentile bracket at the doctors all through grade school. But he's been bigger than his father since he was 15 and now as a young man of 30 he towers over us. Handy too...I'm short...so I just stand in the kitchen and call out "tall person" whenever I need something from the top cupboard.

Can't wait to hear how today goes!!!

toggpine
May 31st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Wishing you the best possible outcome on your doctor visit today.
Congratulations on your quilting. (They might send the quilt police, so don't tell anybody, but I don't like the walking foot very much!) Still trying to find a good way to machine quilt. The "by hand" option is looking better and better.
Yes, new babies do sleep, but I spent a lot of that time just holding her too! I only have the one, and everybody said they grow so fast, so I figured I had better snuggle her while I could. Boy, they weren't kidding either. She turned 5, lost a tooth, and will start kindergarten before I knew it. Next time I turn around she'll be asking for the car keys!
Happy Birthday Karabeth!

Mia
May 31st, 2011, 02:32 PM
Many hugs and prayers to you and Karabeth. God bless you all

Susan M
May 31st, 2011, 07:19 PM
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember to let us know....and all the baby details.

misty316
June 1st, 2011, 12:57 PM
Still waiting on Karabeth. He sent me back home. After sonogram he said she had gained 4oz's and that there is still plenty of fluid around her. I go right back tomorrow though, we will see what he says then. Maybe I will just go into labor anytime would be good with me. On the bright side though, I can get in a few more stitches on the quilt. :)

Blondie
June 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hi sweetie,

The other good thing about having this precious one now, besides the wonderful stitching, is that you will be through this before the REALLY hot weather rolls in! Good thoughts for you and yours. Kiss those little baby toes, fingers, eyelids, rosebud mouth, awww, baby skin is the best.

meemeecyn
June 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Such a beautiful name you picked for your baby! What is your due date? (sorry if I missed that) Good thoughts being sent out to you, Misty.

wicked
June 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I hope and pray that all is well (I'm sure it will be). I can only imagine how excited you are to be holding her....:) :)

RFREE
June 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
Congratulations on your baby girl!! What a beautiful name you have given her.

misty316
June 2nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
My due date is actually not until June 12th. Seems like 2 months away. I am usually such a patient person. lol I am so ready yet so scared too. Can't wait to hold her. My mom and several others still say its a boy even after sonogram. They could be right. If so guess I will have to start all over on a quilt.

misty316
June 8th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Well I went to the Dr. this morning. He is going to induce tonight. Karabeth Mayla should be here soon tonigt or tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers, and no I didn't finish the quilt yet.

bakermom
June 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
good luck today. will keep you both in my prayers.

JVO
June 8th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Good luck, make sure you post pictures of your new little bundle!

debinmalaga
June 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Good luck, will be thinking of you and Karabeth Mayla!