PDA

View Full Version : Latest

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM
We had a visit from the local police very late last night. We were told the family is 'in protective custody' pending a 'criminal investigation'. We were asked (told) emphatically not to jeopardize their safety by making further attempts to contact them, not to have anyone else try to contact them. Right now they are being cared for and will be home as soon as this investigation is over . . . weird. But, what else can we do but sit and pray and turn it over. We were assured that they are not being held for any 'wrong-doing' - that they are being 'protected'. I asked about getting clothing to them and was told we'd be contacted if they needed anything further from us.

So what have they seen or heard?

Keep the prayers going.

Swedish leo
April 4th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Lots of hugs and caring comming your way

At least they are safe even if it is hard.

Hugs

Annika

EnumclawGramma
April 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM
This just gave me chills Sandy. At least now you know they're safe. What took the police so long to fill you in? Yeesh! Will continue the prayers. PLEASE take care of YOU Sandy. This is bound to be taking a toll on you......

Grandma G
April 4th, 2014, 10:49 AM
So glad to get an update. Talk about answering the question as to their whereabouts but causing an endless list of other questions. Goodness! Praying for all of you. Strange that they also had to take the dog with them...

New York Sue
April 4th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I am so relieved right now, that you finally know they are safe, and such!
WOOHOO!
The rest will follow....
And I TRUST the bad guys will be caught. ;)

Jean Sewing Machine
April 4th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the update! We had a similar situation ( nothing as drastic as a complete disappearance of an entire family!). In this case, the less we knew the safer we were. You could be in danger yourselves if you knew more. I hope it all gets resolved quickly, and they return safe. And that you and Al are safe also. More prayers for you!

EmmaB
April 4th, 2014, 10:59 AM
So glad to hear they are safe and that you at least know what's going on now!

Doloris
April 4th, 2014, 11:02 AM
glad to hear there is a reason for all this, but it still is worrisome. What could they possibly have seen or heard to put them in that kind of danger.

SuzyQue
April 4th, 2014, 11:02 AM
WOW! I can't believe that someone couldn't have let you known before days of worry! So glad that they are safe, but sorry that they are not home with you. How scary! I thought stuff like this did happen only on tv~! So many questions and wondering how long this investigation will take! So heart breaking, but at least you know they are being protected. The stories will all be told in their own time.....but that is not comforting for now! We will continue to pray for you, Al, and each of them!

ilive2craft2
April 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
So thankful that you now know they are safe. Continued prayers for all of you!

cyndiofthevortex
April 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry all this is happening. It sounds so scary. I'm glad at least that now you have a little information.

Hulamoon
April 4th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Finally some sort of answer. There are so many TV shows where someone witnessed something and they get protected. You never think it could happen to you though. I hope they will at least let them pass off a note of some kind. We are all hanging in there with you. Lot's of love and ((( hugs)))

Slokarma
April 4th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear they are in a safe place.
You should be very aware of your surroundings until this is all over.

Stay safe.

Mom23
April 4th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Glad you have some sort of answer and that they are safe. At this time it sounds like the less you know the safer you are. I hope you are feeling the prayers of many on the forum.

As a side note, I have been so obsessed with this I dreamt about it last night. I had a dream they built a house down the road from you without you knowing about it. They were all moved in and invited you to dinner. It was a beautiful dinner and home. Sorry my dream didn't turn out to be true.

buckeyequilter
April 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Wow..prayers to you and all your family. At least they are safe!!!

MRoy
April 4th, 2014, 11:43 AM
So glad you at least know now that they are okay. I agree that the less you know, the safer you all will be. Prayers will continue.

toggpine
April 4th, 2014, 11:45 AM
As weird as it is, I too, am glad they are all safe.
It was probably good that you didn't stalk the SIL @ work, etc. I concur that right now, the less you know and the more you appear to not know where they are, the better for everyone.

On the bright side: You now have full access to the washer & dryer, the kitchen will be as clean as you left it, and you might be able to get to a few of those sewing projects.

We will continue to pray for their safety, your sanity, and a quick resolution to this situation.

auntiemern
April 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Oh Sandy. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I am so happy that they are safe, but how scary is that? I guess you are better off being left in the dark. Please, please, please take care of yourself and try not to worry. I will continue to pray that they are home safe and sound soon.

Sharyn J
April 4th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Wow, the whole thing is scarey. Glad you found out that they are safe. Continued prayers that all will be resolved quickly.

SallyO'Sews
April 4th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Heavenly Father, thank You that You know exactly where Sandy's family is, and that You are able to keep them safe and sound. Please continue to watch over them, and let them be reunited with Sandy and Al soon. Cause Your perfect peace to surround all those concerned. Please keep the law enforcement personnel connected with this case safe also, and give them perfect wisdom and integrity. Bless the children to know that You are with them, and fill their hearts with songs to soothe and encourage. We know that no one can hide from You, and I pray that You would arrest those who are guilty and put a stop to every threat against these precious ones. I ask that You do this quickly, Father. I'm also asking for the families of all those who are in similar situations; that You would help them to completely put their trust in You, and that You would watch over their loved ones. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Bubby
April 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
This is too strange. I will continue to pray, Sandy.

shermur
April 4th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Well, that is some better news...makes you still wonder what the heck is going on....High hopes, sweetie!

HandsOffItsMine
April 4th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Thankful that they are safe and protected. Keep yourselves safe as well. We'll continue to keep all of you in our prayers, we've been all worried. Especially Miss Kat, she's our worry wart here in the family.

Maybe a good spring cleaning of the sewing room will get your mind off things or heck with that, sew away and make a big ol' mess! :)

Huggers DF, love you! Ruby, Don, Kat, Matt, Zander, Oliver and Miss Penny

Lisapc
April 4th, 2014, 12:16 PM
So glad you have some answers. Now get some rest and try and relax a bit!

Meli
April 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Glad to hear your family is safe. Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Susann
April 4th, 2014, 12:26 PM
What a scary situation. Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Meli
April 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear your family is safe. Continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

grandma nurse
April 4th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Good to know that you at least know a little bit of what is happening. Prayers continue. What type of work does the SIL do?

K. McEuen
April 4th, 2014, 12:40 PM
This is just getting weirder by the day. I'm glad that at least someone told you they are safe. Of course that throws all kinds of questions into my head. If they had to pull the whole family because of something someone saw, why not you and Al since you live in the same house? Watch your back.

dwil23
April 4th, 2014, 01:09 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! I shared your story with my sister and and the first thing she said was it sounded like the witness protection program.

First, I am glad they are safe, but I am also concerned about you and Al. Please be careful. Maybe you need to take extra precautions as well?

Keep us posted, at least as much as you can. We certainly understand the position you are in, and I am relieved to hear that they didn't leave in anger or under force by someone who did not have their best interest at heart.

laf512
April 4th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I am so glad to hear they are safe. I will continue praying for you all! I sure hope you can be in contact with them soon.

auntiemern
April 4th, 2014, 01:18 PM
My thoughts exactly. Don't think I am gonna get much sleep til there is a resolution.
This is just getting weirder by the day. I'm glad that at least someone told you they are safe. Of course that throws all kinds of questions into my head. If they had to pull the whole family because of something someone saw, why not you and Al since you live in the same house? Watch your back.

Sheena
April 4th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm glad to hear you've had word of their whereabouts. Praying for you all.

Suzette
April 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Well, at least you know they are safe and have a few answers. I will continually pray for all of you until this is resolved!

Genny
April 4th, 2014, 01:29 PM
We had a visit from the local police very late last night. We were told the family is 'in protective custody' pending a 'criminal investigation'. We were asked (told) emphatically not to jeopardize their safety by making further attempts to contact them, not to have anyone else try to contact them. Right now they are being cared for and will be home as soon as this investigation is over . . . weird. But, what else can we do but sit and pray and turn it over. We were assured that they are not being held for any 'wrong-doing' - that they are being 'protected'. I asked about getting clothing to them and was told we'd be contacted if they needed anything further from us.

So what have they seen or heard?

Keep the prayers going.

OMG...I thought this only happened in the movies! Thankfully they're being protected but I'm sure you won't stop worrying until they're safe at home...I know I wouldn't. Hugs and prayers, Genny

dizzyLiz
April 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Sigh.....I'm glad you at least know they are safe. But gosh, what must be going through your mind. Did the police say you and Al are safe? You have my continued prayers.

cindyinohio
April 4th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Glad to hear you finally got some info. Will keep you and your family in prayer for safety and peace.

rebeccas-sewing
April 4th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Thank goodness they are okay! We've all been so worried. I have been checking this dang computer multiple times daily hoping for some word. What a relief to know they are in a safe place. What a very bizarre situation and so strange that you are totally clueless considering they live with you. I guess eventually the story will come out. In the meantime be patient. The question is how long will they be gone? No one knows the answer to that one I guess. I feel so relieved at this point, Sandy. Thanks for keeping us updated on the situation.

MayinJerset
April 4th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Whoo, what a relief you and Al must be feeling even though your worry continues. Hope DD and family are doing OK too.

Iris Girl
April 4th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Glad to here they are safe, Hugs and warm thoughts for this to be all over soon and everyone reunited and safe. Such scary stuff.Be well and stay safe. Please keep us updated when you can.

kensington
April 4th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Well, all I know is those grandkids are probably asking for you... Wondering where you are and why they can't see you.

Maybe they sent them to Disney World... shuttled them on out of town. That would be nice.

Keep the faith sister. God bless you and comfort you, may He cause His "Son" to shine upon you. Peace to you right now. Love, K.

BellasQuilts
April 4th, 2014, 04:42 PM
So relieved to hear the news. Sounds like they were upstanding citizens that were raised right and things got a little hairy. Keep one eye out yourself, Sandy!

Monique
April 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Some information is better than none I guess. At least they are being protected and I hope you and Al are being protected too. Weirder and weirder it gets huh. Thinking of you and Al.

MartinaG
April 4th, 2014, 04:55 PM
That is an interesting development for sure. At least you know that they are safe and being cared for. AND if they need anything you will be contacted. Just keep the faith!

quiltingtrish
April 4th, 2014, 06:03 PM
There should have been some way the police could have contacted you sooner to let you know that information. My goodness, are you supposed to just sit and wait around when 10 people disappear from your home for no apparent reason? I think I would be livid, even though I have just been told they are safe. I think that was just too long to be notified. And, I think that you and Al need to watch your backs too. Geesh! I am so very happy you got the news, but for heavens sake - I still think it could have been sooner that you knew that. And those police are your friends? HUGS for you and Al, Sandy.

WendyI
April 4th, 2014, 06:34 PM
So glad you know where they are and they are safe.

Sandy Navas
April 4th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Prayers appreciated. It's U G L Y . . . that's about all I can say.

I'll be off here for a while.

Miss Sheri
April 4th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Prayers of gratitude, . . . not knowing is the worst for me. ((((((Sandy & Al!))))))

Madeforyouinma11
April 4th, 2014, 08:22 PM

Hubby and I were thinking the same thing! Still so many unanswered questions. Hubby and I hope that you at least have more answers than you are able to share at this time. Very worried for you and Al, please be safe. The entire family is understandable, but why the dog? I'm still scratching my head. Hoping they are home with you soon and this will all be over for you. Please come back and give us more to the story when it is safe.
Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Mpyles
April 4th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Perhaps the whole family and dog left to give an appearance of them moving out or on?? Whatever it was it surely had to be serious for dd to leave without even a word. Whatever is happening, please stay safe, always alert, observant. Hugs to you!

Ginny B
April 4th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Oh boy - how strange. You and Al shouldn't have had to wait so long for someone to tell you about what was going on. Please be careful. I pray this will be resolved soon and you all can be home together safe and sound. Drop by when you can to let us know you are ok

bubba
April 4th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Even though I would still be worried (we are moms afterall!), I know the Monkey Man would be telling me to not get my panties in a bunch because as least they are in police protective custody. That said, Monkey Man would be sleeping on the couch with one eye open and a gun nearby. It makes you wonder what they have gotten caught up in. I would guess that the dog went with them to comfort the children.

I hope you are able to breathe a little easier. With any luck, they will be home soon.

snippet
April 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Well that's good news I think. Sounds extremely serious and dangerous though. I'm worried for you and Al now. And I'm thinking this isn't going to disappear easily either. I pray your grandkids aren't traumatized by all of this.

BellasQuilts
April 4th, 2014, 09:13 PM
You go take care of your peeps. We'll be here waitin'...

auntiemern
April 4th, 2014, 09:59 PM
This whole thing gets scarier and scarier. We got your back here (like that takes a lot)...wish I had your back there....take care and know we love you, and only want what is best for all of you. Please be careful.

AuntieVic
April 4th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear your family is safe. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Vicki

nonnietomany
April 4th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Continuing to pray for peace for you and them, sorry that they are not home yet, but happy they are ok. Trish

Mimis-quilts
April 4th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Oh Sandy...this doesn't sound good! Continued prayers. Be safe!

grammakim04
April 4th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Praying for an Army of Angels to surround your home to protect your family. Will continue to pray.

sewbizzy
April 4th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Keeping you and your family in my prayers...hugs and blessings, too

Poppytree
April 5th, 2014, 01:31 AM
What an horrendous time for you. At least now you know they're safe - thank God. No doubt details will emerge soon and it will all make sense!

Wwena
April 5th, 2014, 03:02 AM
I've looked but can't find your earlier post(s) about this. Seems I missed some real drama! I hope they are safe and that the protective custody will be over soon, and for good reasons.

Lenie
April 5th, 2014, 04:33 AM
I'm glad that at least for now you know where they are, and that they are save. Thinking of you and yours, Sandy!

Shirley
April 5th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Still praying Sandy. I guess it's comforting to at least know they are safe. Thank you for your post, I'm thinking of all of you. HUGS!

aliaslaceygreen
April 5th, 2014, 10:41 AM
What a relief in the short term at least. You can breath deeply and sleep a bit better, knowing everyone is safe and whole....and try to use this time productively because there is nothing more you can do...so .... BE. (((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

GrammaBabs
April 5th, 2014, 11:14 AM
How horrible to be given the relief that they are ok and at the same time not knowing much... Hang in there,, I'm praying for all to smooth out in a positive way...hugs, B

Madeforyouinma11
April 5th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I've looked but can't find your earlier post(s) about this. Seems I missed some real drama! I hope they are safe and that the protective custody will be over soon, and for good reasons.

Look under Sandy's latest posts and latest started threads for the full story. It's crazy!

tamsterg7
April 6th, 2014, 12:55 AM
Sandy, Little Jean at Retreat and I are thinking of you and praying for your family. Jean said she missed you Weds and started fo call, now wishes she had. She said to tell you she will call youearly in the week, when all us crazy quilters have gone home, butlet her know if you need anything. That goes for me too,if there is anything I can do for you an Al.

GuitarGramma
April 6th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Dearest Sandy,
You said in one of your earliest posts that it felt like the witness protection program. How eerie and scary that turned out to be true.

You and yours have been on my mind and in my prayers. You will continue to be. And, as much as we'd all like updates, for the safety of your family, it's probably best that nothing more be posted publicly. We'll understand.

lourixe
April 7th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I'm learning about this and send you all of my best wishes, Sandy!
A whole family's disappearance is already weird enough, but I absolutely don't understand how the authorities would not tell you of them being safe, from the very first minute, specially considering you lived together and were closest kin! What was the purpose of having you worrying and torturing yourself for so long?
Let's hope everything gets solved as soon as possible, for you and your family's behalf.

janluna
April 7th, 2014, 10:50 PM
OMG!!! That's what I get for being offline! Sandy, I'm so glad they are safe. My question is: Are you and Al Safe!??!? If they (who ever "they" are) knew where to find the kids, they might know that you live there too. Joe and I are Praying non stop for you and Al and the kids. Love you dear one! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.