PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday!

Blondie
April 4th, 2014, 06:48 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Friday. What a week this has been. Of course, all weeks that go by are better than the alternative, I reckon.
So, today at work will be fairly steady, tomorrow a bit lighter and I am hoping that I will be able to finish up a few projects. I still need to finish joining sections of my Smokey Mtn Stars - just have 5 COC's that needed to be completed. 2 down, 3 more to go. I also had a request for a mug rug for a client's sister in autumn colors.

Last week we had snow, this week almost 80 degrees. In walking around surveying all the work that needs to be done and which shrubs didn't make it through the winter, I must've picked up a hitchhiker. I just now pulled a tick off of my thigh! I am sure it was grooving on all the cellulite.

I really don't like to post "downers" in the morning. Really, I don't. I am just going to say that I have been and am keeping every one in the path of the storms the past few days and today in my thoughts and prayers. There is so much going on in the world, our own little lives, and in the lives of our dearest ones, that to me - it is a constant reminder to never take for granted any of the smallest of blessings. As we wind down this week, take some extra moments to reflect on what you have to be thankful for. Melt someone's heart today in a good way. And don't forget to SMILE!

EmmaB
April 4th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Good Friday morning y'all!!

The storms that moved through my area are gone and thank the Lord above, no damage done. I'm hoping my forum neighbors are as fortunate. My DD checked in last night and said they spent some time in the bath tub because of the storms but it passed and they had no damage. With that being said, I was able to go to sleep.
Not much going on today other than going to work. I will be preparing for a real estate closing scheduled for Monday and hopefully the lender will get their docs to me today.

Thoughts and prayers to our forum friend Sandy. My thoughts will also be with my uncle who is having surgery this morning for a heart valve replacement.

Show your smile today everyone and have a great day!

Bubby
April 4th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Morning,

The worst of the storm last night passed us by. We had high winds, rain and some small hail. This morning it's cold again and the wind is raging.

Let's remember to pray for Sandy and Al and their family. Hugs to everyone who needs one.....

EnumclawGramma
April 4th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Good Morning. "Melt someone's heart today". I love that Blondie! Thank you! I will TRY!

Yoga this morning, then work at the gift shop. I love busy Fridays. It's going to rain for the next few days so staying busy is always good. I'm hoping to be able to get some serious sewing in this weekend since we have no other plans. Hope. Hope. Hope.

My German Shepherd tore her toe somehow the other day. Not sure if I mentioned this. I had to take her to the vet where they had to put her under to clean and sew it up. She's got the cone of shame on and recovering now. Dressing has to be changed daily. I have NO idea how she did this, but it was BAD. It's so hard to see her in such pain and then looking so confused from the pain meds. At least it's easy to keep track of her in the house because she makes so much racket with that gigantic cone!

I'm going to finish this cup of coffee, sew a few binding strips together and get in the shower before anyone else gets up. Hugs and Prayers if you want/need. Smile, and hug someone you love!

GrammaBabs
April 4th, 2014, 08:28 AM
YES.. Melt hearts, do something good for someone,,pray for all those in need and take care of YOU... your no good to anyone unless you do... Above all be greatful..for what you have and for what you don't,,sometimes there's a reason for it all,,, never an answer why,,but embrace each other thru it all... that's what's on my list today,,along with my positive thoughts for Sandy and others who are in anguish..know we are all here..GB

Mpyles
April 4th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Morning all!! The winds are howling here! No storm damage here, lots of rain though! Worked on peicing a small lap quilt and the binding on the first side of a wall hanging. Off to work today....really? Can't I just crawl back in bed! BOM at the LQS today.

Prayers for all who need them! Everyone have a great day!

MRoy
April 4th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Good morning! Yesterday was a day of news for our small county. First, the man who murdered Sarah Hart (the young, pregnant mother of three small children) two years ago went to court and pled guilty to all charges. He was facing the death penalty but will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole instead. Sarah Hart's family accepted the plea agreement. I hope this brings some sort of closure for them. At least they won't have to go to court for years dealing with appeals, etc.

Second, Fruit of the Loom unexpectedly announced yesterday afternoon that their plant here will be closed by year-end...601 jobs will be lost. I know some married couples that both work there. There is little industry and few jobs available in our county. This closure will hit hard.

It's pouring rain here now. I hope it doesn't get severe. Prayers for my community here at home and on the forum.

Ahamblin
April 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Morning all. Blondie I always love reading your morning greetings. Don't normally comment here but it's Friday and I am having foot surgery today. Not a big deal just bunion repair but the doctor is breaking my foot to put it back together. Bad news is that I will be in a "cast" for 3-4 weeks and it's my right foot. No driving but DH loves fabric stores so I'm good there but I have always sewn with my right foot. Been practicing with my left and using the auto button on my machine. Will be doing a lot of embroidery for awhile I think. I will be in bed for 3 days until the dressing is changed on Monday. Boy is it going to be hard to stay out of the sewing room. Will be reading and planning my next projects.

Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe out there. Now that the snow is melting it's tornado season.

Ann

Madeforyouinma11
April 4th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Blondie, I will do my best to melt so ego e's heart today, but I know for sure mine will because my little Julia will be coming over today. My heart melts every time I see that sweet little face.
Libby, I hope you dog gets better soon. So hard when they are hurting.
Myrna, that's terrible..all those people without jobs. I hope Sarah's family can now find some peace. Such a senseless crime.
My thoughts have been with Sandy and Al. I just cannot stop thinking of what they must be going through. I hope she hears from them today.
Today is going to be cloudy with some showers. Julia is coming today. I'm hoping to get her little blanket finished,but we'll see.
Sending prayers out to those in need and hoping everyone has a great day.

aliaslaceygreen
April 4th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Morning all. Blondie I always love reading your morning greetings. Don't normally comment here but it's Friday and I am having foot surgery today. Not a big deal just bunion repair but the doctor is breaking my foot to put it back together. Bad news is that I will be in a "cast" for 3-4 weeks and it's my right foot. No driving but DH loves fabric stores so I'm good there but I have always sewn with my right foot. Been practicing with my left and using the auto button on my machine. Will be doing a lot of embroidery for awhile I think. I will be in bed for 3 days until the dressing is changed on Monday. Boy is it going to be hard to stay out of the sewing room. Will be reading and planning my next projects.

Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe out there. Now that the snow is melting it's tornado season.

Ann OUCH!!! You don't consider paying someone to break your foot a big deal? You are a better woman than me! I hope all is successful....let me know how this goes because it is in my future....

EnumclawGramma
April 4th, 2014, 09:33 AM
For some reason it won't let me edit my post this morning. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just wanted to share this pic of my sad puppy in her cone of shame and her stupid booted foot:

aliaslaceygreen
April 4th, 2014, 09:36 AM
And Happy Friday to all... I have Saturday, Sunday and Monday off!!!!! WHoo hoo... Stupid mgr TRIED to take it away but oh, no.... Not a chance. So I got it back on calendar!

I am going to have to stop taking breaks from here, because I miss things about my friends....I am heartsick over Sandy's situation, which I just found out about...I feel like such a bad friend, going radio silent and not being there for all of you.....
so....gather close, everyone. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))}}}}}}}} }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Monique
April 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone. A beautiful sunny day here this morning. I had coffee with my neighbour this morning and upon leaving I heard geese. Two flying north. That is a good sign. Spring is here.

I attended an auction sale last night. There were two Antique Singer sewing machines which I did bid on and did not win. They looked to be in good condition and I really don't need another machine but I would have taken them at a cheap price. Although they did go for I think it was $45 each or around there.

There is another auction sale tomorrow which our friend Doug would like to go to. Sunday I am away at a Lionettes Rally. Meeting and lunch is basically what it is. Monday is election time here in Quebec. BIG stuff, hopefully the separatists won't get re elected.

I think today I will get some sewing/quilting done. I did get my block done for the quilt for Josephine and sent away.

Praying that Sandy and Al get some answers today and that they are all safe. I just can't imagine what they are going through.

Have a wonderful day and weekend folks.

Simply Quilting
April 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Good Morning!!!! We had some rain last night. The wind is blowing hard out and cold out of the west. The children and I are headed to the city this morning. My daughter's glasses broke (no fault of her own) at the hinge area and the new ones are in so we will be getting those. Thankfully, we were able to get the same frames as what she had before. Otherwise, we were going to have to buy new lenses (she just got new ones in Nov) out of pocket and those are not cheap. I'm going to see if I can find a school planner like what I used this year as it has plenty of room for all three children and their assignments. It is no longer made but I found one last year. If I can, I am going to try to stock up and get enough until the oldest boy is out of high school which sadly isn't that many years. I can make my own and have it printed and bound but it is actually cheaper to get a premade one.

There are several other stops along the way including JoAnn for thread. And lunch with a special friend.

Then I've got to come home and get ready for the homeschooling conference tomorrow. I'm on the state homeschool organization board of directors and we have a booth in the vendor hall. I will work it in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I'm going to take my mom to look at sewing machines. My tote bag has came in for my sewing machine so I will get to pick that up. And will probably take the children to the American Girl Store and the Lego Store. A busy next couple of days :)

Myrna, I'm so sorry for what your town is going through. We dealt with energizer closing in our town last year. It was not a good situation. I'm not sure how large your town is but maybe a new company will come in.

Libby, quick healing for you dog.

Ann, prayers for your foot.

Have a great Friday and an awesome weekend everyone :)

Hugs and Prayers for Sandy and Al, and all of those who are looking at storms whether weather related or in their lives.

dwil23
April 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Awww. Libby - Poor baby - I know that hurts! Hope she feels better soon.
Myrna - so sorry to hear about all those families loosing their livelihood. Unfortunately that is happening more and more.
Ann - hope your foot feels better soon. Enjoy the rest, though.

Yesterday just did not go as planned. Started with my sister waking me up to take her to work. She was late and wouldn't be able to get a parking space. As I turned back into the neighborhood, still dark, something caught my eye on the side of the road. A HUGE Bufo cane toad! I stopped and watched it take a couple of hops into the road, and then I floored it. It was like hitting a speed bump. Sorry, I don't like killing anything, but these things are deadly poisonous and dogs or cats that encounter them die instantly. They've even been known to kill large alligators that try to eat them. Gross, I know. Came home an got ready to go with DD. She had an appt right next to Joann's and even though I am on a strict budget right now, it's always fun to look, right? Well, getting ready to leave, I realize that my sweet little chihuahua is no where to be found. We searched high and low in the house, and even went outside, though I didn't know how he couldn't have gotten out, unless he snuck out with me when I took the trash out. I was frantic. We searched for nearly an hour. I went back to the house several times hoping he would come running when I opened the door - as he ALWAYS does. Nothing. After nearly an hour, DD called. SHe had gone back to the house again and knocked on the door (we had tried that a couple of times already), here he comes, running and barking from the hallway! There is a pillow on the floor in there for these spoilt doggies. He wasn't laying on it, but must have gotten himself inside the pillow case. I was so happy to see him, I couldn't even be mad at him. DD on the other hand,..... had now missed her appointment and was not too happy with him. So, that set the tone for the day. We did get to pick up the flooring and DS and DD are going to try to start installing it in the evenings next week, but got delayed getting back to the house as there was a terrible accident on the interstate. Saying a prayer for those involved - one was airlifted to TGH. We just have to be thankful and realize you never know what the next minute holds. DS had to work late, so didn't get my cabinets shimmed so that I can put my scrapbooking supplies and fabrics away. Really was hoping to get that done today.:(

Everyone have a Blessed and safe day.

Well, a little work to do around here -actually a LOT of work to do around here, then off to see what I can do at the new house before heading back to work tonight.

MayinJerset
April 4th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Gloomy Friday morning which is good in a way because sunny days had me checking the property and noticing that a lot of clean up is needed. Then I began thinking about work that needs to be done in the house, some rooms need painting, carpeting needs cleaning or replacing and before I knew it I had a whole house remodeling going on in my head. Enough of that for now I'll keep weeding out books to donate, clean the windows, blinds and curtains and carpets, oil the wooden furniture and wash and put away the heavy comforters. Opening the windows too as the warm moist Spring air really refreshes the house.

Sorry to hear about Fruit of the Loom closing in Myra's town, think DH better stock up on their undies which he prefers to other brands. He bought another brand in Price Club a few months ago and he doesn't care for them, elastic band folds over and is uncomfortable and the legs are too short and tight. Of course he didn't buy them according to his waist size like he should but his under belly size. I don't know about others but I want my undies to feel comfortable and I buy the right size.

Hope we soon hear some Good News from Sandy.

Granny Judy
April 4th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Just checking in to let ya know I'm still alive and finally over that last flu bug. Nasty little germs. Ha, I beat ya again.!!

prayers going out for all our forum family/s. And hope all the storms pass you by without harming anyone or any thing. We're doing a mop up from the rain and all the snow melt has the river rising... typical Spring Season here for our area.

**just got a phone call from my Sister/Cousin. Her youngest DD was diagnosed with breast cancer. very invasive and can't do surgery right now. She is having her second round of Chemo therapy and not doing very well. More tests to see if it has spread this week... The Daughter, Deb, is only 51 years old..same age as my oldest DD, Life expectancy is measured in months. Could I get a few prayers going for her. I'm headed to the "group" for requests, too.

Thank YOU..

auntiemern
April 4th, 2014, 01:15 PM
So glad to get up this morning to some 'possitive' news from Sandy. I am so very happy that they know something, but still concerned that they don't really know anything. Prayers continuing for all of them, that their lives can get back to normal, sooner than later.
The storms yesterday were tremendous. There were a couple of confirmed tornado's in the area, but thankfully no injuries. Today it is just cold and wet. I am so ready for warmer weather. I have Gabe all day today, and the girls after school til 8, so not sure what I will get done today. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need. Saying an extra one for Sandy and Al, they they can get some peace of mind finally.

Sheena
April 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=EnumclawGramma;502818]For some reason it won't let me edit my post this morning. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Just wanted to share this pic of my sad puppy in her cone of shame and her stupid booted foot:
72632[/

QUOTE]

Sorry to say this picture made us all laugh. Poor puppy, you look so sad and sorry for yourself.

Sheena
April 4th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Donna - I hope the toad didn't splatter over your car! Oh yuck. I had to look them up on the internet.

Sheena
April 4th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Judy - prayers for Deb.

Sorry to hear about the factory closing. That's bad news for everyone, not just the people who are losing their jobs, because there will be less money in the local economy.

Those tornados sound awful. And they cover such a large area. I had to look up your states on the internet, although I am getting better at remembering where they are.

The weather here is completely still, not even a leaf is moving on the trees opposite my house. We often get your weather when you're done with it, but tornados don't tend to survive the Atlantic crossing.

My DS no3, is going to Belgium tonight with school to visit the war graves. He'll be back on Wednesday.

I can't stop thinking about poor Sandy. She must be consumed with worry.

MRoy
April 4th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Judy, prayers being said for Deb. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Glad to get an update from Sandy with better news.

Regarding Fruit of the Loom, the company was catered to and got everything they asked for from this county over the years - bigger water lines, upgrades to the sewer system, a new sewer plant (now the city may not be able to meet their bond obligation on this), etc. The school system even planned the start time of the school day around the FOL work schedules. Other industry was turned away because of them. In exchange for this, they are moving this operation to Honduras where they already have plants and get cheaper labor. I hope the county/city/or someone besides FOL owns the building and the local governments work hard to get some new industry in there.

quiltingtrish
April 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone~
Finally Friday. Even though I am working on taxes all weekend, I am so glad that the school week is over. It's typical this time of year that we get more kids that act up, but seriously, some days it is just ridiculous. I have to write a kid up on Monday and I think she makes #3 that I've written up all year. If she would just have kept her mouth shut and her comments to herself, she would have been off the hook.
Prayers for Deb are on their way. How sad, but surely with all our prayers coming, may she feel some comfort.
Katie is flying tonight to Pensacola. I suppose I will be up until midnight until I know she is on the ground.
Well, I suppose I should move onward with these taxes. They won't do themselves and the sooner I get them all done (ours and all the kids'), the sooner I can hit the quilt room aka The Cotton Patch.

Hugs,

kensington
April 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone~
Finally Friday. Even though I am working on taxes all weekend, I am so glad that the school week is over. It's typical this time of year that we get more kids that act up, but seriously, some days it is just ridiculous. I have to write a kid up on Monday and I think she makes #3 that I've written up all year. If she would just have kept her mouth shut and her comments to herself, she would have been off the hook.
Prayers for Deb are on their way. How sad, but surely with all our prayers coming, may she feel some comfort.
Katie is flying tonight to Pensacola. I suppose I will be up until midnight until I know she is on the ground.
Well, I suppose I should move onward with these taxes. They won't do themselves and the sooner I get them all done (ours and all the kids'), the sooner I can hit the quilt room aka The Cotton Patch.

Hugs,

I used to live in Pensacola! It almost killed me.
I see you have named your quilting room... How fun is that. I think perhaps I need to find a fitting name and crown my sewing craft room too. Yes, I think I shall. Happy Friday All! Prayers for those in need.

dwil23
April 4th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Donna - I hope the toad didn't splatter over your car! Oh yuck. I had to look them up on the internet.

I was driving my sister's car! Oldest DD was giving me grief saying that she had run over them in the past and it doesn't kill them. Youngest DD was leaving for school and sent this text to my other daughter -

"Judging from the pancake like appearance and blood splatter a foot in every direction, I would say that Mom killed the toad!"

dwil23
April 4th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Judy - prayers for Deb and your family, for sure.